Problems with SEGA CD Snatcher/save state anyone?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Vasquo

Problems with SEGA CD Snatcher/save state anyone?

Post by Vasquo »

Ok, before anything, i will be thankful if replies will be connected with my problem.

first of all:

tryin' to play "Snatcher (U)" (Sega CD ver.)- ISO file (112 MB+21 mp3 files numbered from 02 to 22) on Gens32 Surreal 1.7.6.2 and Fusion 3.51.

Ok, so game emulates correctly, but: when i've got a videophone form Gibson, and jump in the car, the game "freez"-i can see Gillian's animation, music go as well, but nothing happens next (in both of emulators), so i'm riding and riding and riding...

Anyone know how to fix it? I read somwhere that it could be problem with lenght of mp3 files...But i dont know how to make it work. Also, I read somwhere that the only way to avoid this is to load save state after we get to the factory. So, maybe somone got a Save state like this for Gens? I would be very thankful.

I really want to play it on SEGA CD emulator.

Thanks in advance for help : )
"student, eh?! You're dead!"
Geno

Post by Geno »

I've got the exact same problem here, except the music doesn't come up for me at all. I made sure to put the MP3s together with the ISO file and even tried renaming them, but so far nothing has worked.
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

I used to have the same problem long ago but I found a webpage which had the correct lengths for the mp3s and some instructions for fixing them. Unfortunately I cannot find it anymore, but here are the lengths of mine, with which the game plays smoothly all the way through:

Track 2 - 0:06
Track 3 - 2:14
Track 4 - 4:34
Track 5 - 0:21
Track 6 - 1:12
Track 7 - 2:46
Track 8 - 3:34
Track 9 - 1:27
Track 10 - 2:09
Track 11 - 1:48
Track 12 - 4:29
Track 13 - 1:54
Track 14 - 1:21
Track 15 - 1:18
Track 16 - 0:17
Track 17 - 1:38
Track 18 - 0:47
Track 19 - 7:02
Track 20 - 0:32
Track 21 - 6:56

Track 20 is what plays in the car so the length for that one should be off. While I fiddled with the tracks I found that the game is fairly lenient about the lengths. It takes more than a couple of seconds off to freeze. I haven't listed track 22 since supposedly that isn't really played anywhere in the game and its contents do not matter, the game just needs it to exist to work properly.
joeypete
Runner

Post by joeypete »

While I won't link you ROM sites you could just try to get another set from a more "reputable" source. I've never had issues of off nor incomplete files from good sites. Or just rip the game from a real CD ROM.

If that is not an option try to mount the game with your fav virtual CD drive program and set the drive letter to what you want Kega to read.

That may help... Like its reading off a disc and not just using the files internally (with in Kega). Tho if you have bad files it make for bad results still.

Do you have access to a real Sega CD? If so convert the MP3 to WAV and use the cue file to burn them to a CD-R. It will play fine then.

Good luck!
http://fearthegaychicken.com/
You Know You DO!!! LOL! :lol:
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

I've found that I've had more trouble playing Snatcher on my PC with Kega, than I do with Gens...some games work better for each emulator, for Snatcher, I'd advise using Gens.
snatcher1988
Runner

Post by snatcher1988 »

I tried playing Snatcher on Gens, and the main issues I have with that emulator is that there is hardly any typing sound when the Junker building is first shown, and also some of the voices are out of sync (a good example is the Chief during the beginning of act 2. I didn't encounter any of those problems with Kega Fusion.

Perhaps you didn't use perfect sync, or something?