Before I Get Started...

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Painaxl
Runner

Before I Get Started...

Post by Painaxl »

Ok, so I was able to acquire a copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD. I'm quite excited about playing my first non-mg Kojima game.

A few quick questions:

I'll be playing the game with Kega. Anyone had any experience with this? I've been using emulators for many years, but I haven't used SegaCD yet. I've got the BIOS and everything.

I wasn't able to procure a manual, so is there anything I should know before beginning this game?
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Re: Before I Get Started...

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Painaxl wrote:Ok, so I was able to acquire a copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD. I'm quite excited about playing my first non-mg Kojima game.

A few quick questions:

I'll be playing the game with Kega. Anyone had any experience with this? I've been using emulators for many years, but I haven't used SegaCD yet. I've got the BIOS and everything.

I wasn't able to procure a manual, so is there anything I should know before beginning this game?
You can find the American version's manual here, although you're not missing much (the UK version's manual was more detailed IIRC).
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3690
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

Wow, where'd you find it? I have the darndest time finding it... ebay auctions nearing $100 are most of what I come up with. Way more than I can spend on a game :)
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

Painaxl wrote:I'll be playing the game with Kega. Anyone had any experience with this? I've been using emulators for many years, but I haven't used SegaCD yet. I've got the BIOS and everything.
I have no experience with KEGA, but I can tell you that GENS plays Snatcher almost flawlessly (there are one or two audio issues during certain parts of the game, but nothing much).
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
Painaxl
Runner

Post by Painaxl »

Yeah, I picked up Gens and it's running beautifully. I love it so far (I'm not that far).

A friend is letting me borrow his non-manual copy that he found many years ago in a Record Exchange. Talk about luck!
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I also used Gens with no trouble at all, but im sure kega would do fine
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

Johnny Undaunted wrote:You can find the American version's manual here, although you're not missing much (the UK version's manual was more detailed IIRC).
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3690
:shock:
I always thought the UK manual was a bit rubbish. Didn't the USA manual come with a long b/w comic book in the begginning detailing the story more? Im sure it did.

bah! Us europeans always get the bad end of the stick. :x
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

U must b thinking of comic that was also featured on the Snatcher trading cards, it was included and translated in the American manual as far as i know, but nothing that special
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

Yah, donwloaded the manual.
US manual comes with a short comic, which is quite good.

The UK manual does NOT have this sadly, but it does have schematics of the vehicles and stuff.
Its also has a darker mood to it, with background art in the booklet.

I dunno, schematics or comic book, which would have you prefered with your SCD copy of Snatcher?

Though as a funny side story, I bought my copy of Snatcher mint for only £2 off some lady who was selling her sons collection of games while he was in college. :lol:
She put an ad in the paper, with many good games up for sale. I snagged 5 (total of £10), but didnt have the money for the £30 wondermega she was selling. :(

Ahh well, thats the story of how I got into Snatcher.
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

I didn't think the comic was anything special though I downloaded scans of it.