View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 6-22-16*** 
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 1-26-16***
So I figured I'd show a little of the recent "test" build(s)!

NOTE : Due to the engine move from CE4 to UE4 I lost hundreds of hours of material, level, lighting, animation, rigging, etc. work.
What you see is a "testing" bed for VR, and me getting the art pipeline down, so nothing resembles a "level" or the "game" yet, and everything is uber WIP.

I mention the above because the older CE work was more developed, but that will change as the project moves forward. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-17-41-34.jpg
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-17-41-34.jpg [ 78.45 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-20-54-23.jpg
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-20-54-23.jpg [ 37.51 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-21-39-36.jpg
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-21-39-36.jpg [ 70.77 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-38-18-17.jpg
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-17 10-38-18-17.jpg [ 88.83 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-26 08-38-31-13.jpg
UE4Game-Win64-Shipping 2016-01-26 08-38-31-13.jpg [ 62.59 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:44 am

Looking good, especially the blaster and Metal Gear!

Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:33 pm
Major

Mr357 wrote:
Looking good, especially the blaster and Metal Gear!

Thanx! :mrgreen:

Models like Metal, The Snatchers, The TurboCycle, and The Blaster are close to completion compared to the rest of the project...
ALL the level work etc. is still the old "White / Grey Box" (aka draft) work from many years ago still, as I'm not updating it until the project passes it's full Proof Of Concept stages.

That process is taking forever much like the project due to the lack of time, and how spread thin I am doing everything else involved with making the game.
It will be getting a very much needed update soon, as the POC stage is nearly over, and I'm building the project up on the Unreal Engine.

Speaking of the project : Here is a long "Tour" video of Build v0.13.5 shown in VR on the "Test Map".

The music you hear during the video was taken directly from the game/map as it played.
Featuring both "original" tracks I hope to include in the game, and the various musicians own takes on the original Snatcher tracks.

The credits are in the video/map, but here they are just in case :

OtakuDee - Snowfall in Neo Kobe (original)
RIDA.ZM - Criminal Omen / Innocent Girl
spf5Ø - 7 H O R E Ûü¢ (original)

ENJOY! \:D/

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 am
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 5-11-16***
Just a quick "Tease" update of something cool I'm fucking around with! :mrgreen:

*UBER WIP!*

PLEASE ENJOY! \:D/

BTW : YES...I'm using my real hand inside VR...the future is here! lol!

Wed May 11, 2016 2:43 pm
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 6-20-16***
A quick tease of what I've been working on...an early look at the Main Menu.

*It's WIP so it needs tweaking to reduce the lens flares etc., because it's not a 2D image/UI it's a full 3D scene/UI*

I've got more GUI work going on, but I've decided not to show it, because it's just Proof of Concepts being proven...the art/design will change.
For example this Main Menu is on design/iteration 4 where I decided to go "Sega CD" style on it for nostalgia reasons (including SFX) hehehe.

The GUI work is progressing nicely though! :mrgreen:

NOTE : I included "side", and "back" images to show it's a full 3D scene.

Spoiler:
In the final game you will NOT be able to "free look" in Menus when playing on a traditional monitor, so it will seem like a regular 2D menu (like the first "front" image).
In VR you will be able to "free look" around the Scene/Menus to see things to your sides/behind you, but there will be no added GUI functionality to doing so.
It's just weird in VR when you are not able to "free look" as you would in reality...it's like your head is paralyzed so you are looking straight ahead forever = a very odd feeling.

EDIT : I've added an image comparison of the current WIP vs Sega CD
I will be adding the "arrow" and refining the look of my WIP to match the SCD as close as possible.

Attachments:
Snatcher-MM-V19.jpg
Snatcher-MM-V19.jpg [ 327.92 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]
Snatcher-MM-V19-side.jpg
Snatcher-MM-V19-side.jpg [ 194.12 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]
Snatcher-MM-V19-back.jpg
Snatcher-MM-V19-back.jpg [ 87.77 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]
Snatcher-MM-SCD-WIP-C.jpg
Snatcher-MM-SCD-WIP-C.jpg [ 198.8 KiB | Viewed 518 times ]

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:15 am
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 6-22-16***
Quick update/tease of the Main Menu work shown/mentioned above...

I'm in a good mood (started my new job Monday), and so rather than hide the work I figured I'd show a "Tease" of it.
You get to see a small bit of the "Level Selection" placeholder screen towards the end...I'm adding more "levels" currently.

The "Level Selection" is strictly for the "Test Builds" to test levels/access them all, and won't be the same visually/function wise in the final game.
The "Options" menu isn't working just yet, so it's not shown, but I should finish it up in the next few weeks (there is a lot of coding to do to get all the various GFX options).
The "New Game" menu SFX for some reason (bug) gets cut off in the build, but it's fine in the UE4.

NOTE : I allow the player to "walk" around fully in the menu for these "Test Builds" to test the 3D UI functionality in all angles/distances.
This will NOT be the case once the game is final. You will have "free look" in VR, but movement will be disabled in the Main Menu for VR and monitor play.

Please Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:52 am
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Always fun to se your progress on this.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:05 pm
Major

nickdaring wrote:
Always fun to se your progress on this.

Thanx Nick!

I'm sure after following the work for all of these years you guys here are like : "COME THE FUCK ON AND FINISH IT ALREADY!" 8-[

Which is totally understandable...the original goal was to finish the project in 2 to 4 years...provided I was working on it steadily (which I was for the first 2 years)

I really wish it was that easy, and that I had more time to spend on this "hobby" (one of a dozen that I enjoy), but LIFE (tm) takes priority, and tends to fuck shit up lol!
I took 2 years "off" from the project basically until this year, only doing tests with the UE4 to evaluate it, as I was pretty burnt out, and going through hell in my personal life.

Now I'm getting back into things a bit more, and I'm ready to kick ass! :mrgreen:

Quote:
... I swore I would see that secret crazed project through to the end ... -Elijah Modnar

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:58 pm
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Have you thought about shrinking the scope of the project to something more manageable?

Like just doing a cool 10 minute sequence or a specific scene that could be completed in a more reasonable chunk of time while acting like a solid "proof of concept"?

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:18 pm
Major

nickdaring wrote:
Have you thought about shrinking the scope of the project to something more manageable?

Like just doing a cool 10 minute sequence or a specific scene that could be completed in a more reasonable chunk of time while acting like a solid "proof of concept"?

The simple answer is YES, and YES. :mrgreen:

Due to the loss of work from moving engines, and the addition of VR support I did re-think the "scope" of the project.

The first victim of the scope change is that : I have dropped the "driving / flying" of the Turbocycle.
The feature was more of a "dream feature" of mine, and will end up in my own original game rather than Snatcher.

The primary focus since "rebooting" the project nearly from scratch on the Unreal Engine is the focus on proving the concepts/features I have for the entire game.
The goal I'm working towards is having something playable ASAP, but I'm not a machine (yet) lol!

I could go into more detail, but I'm trying to keep this post short, but feel free to ask... \:D/

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:28 am
Runner

I'm still alive.

Here's a sketch.

Attachments:
CnDxnT3XYAEsvDS.jpg
CnDxnT3XYAEsvDS.jpg [ 143.62 KiB | Viewed 434 times ]
Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:04 pm
Major

Project_Noah wrote:
I'm still alive.

Here's a sketch.

Glad to hear you are alive and kick'n...I like the "venom" Gillian! :mrgreen:

QUICK UPDATE :

1. I now have a completed/working "Item Interaction System"! (will need to modify it some, but will show it soon).
2. I'm still finishing up the "Options" (GFX mostly), and "Pause Menu" GUI, so you can change GFX settings, and get back to the "Level Selection" screen.
3. Work is still on-going with the "Dialog System" to get it to work/render in 3D (for VR etc.). This may take a while lol!

I'm currently scanning my Snatcher "merch" to knock that off my back-log "list" of shit to do, but maybe some progress videos of the above will happen soon?

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14