SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-18-13*** *NEW Pics!*

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Falltage
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear series

Re: The "SNATCHER MOD" ***UPDATED 7-23-08***

Post by Falltage »

AWESOME =D> .... So beautifully images. As I fan of Snatcher, want to say - that is Greatest mod i ever seen. :!:
Jack Stern
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
PSN: JackStern

Post by Jack Stern »

Is "IntroBuilding38colortest.jpg" actually Real-Time? Because it does looks f***ing amazing.

I will keep looking forward this proyect, without a doubt =D>
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

Jack Stern wrote:Is "IntroBuilding38colortest.jpg" actually Real-Time? Because it does looks f***ing amazing.

I will keep looking forward this proyect, without a doubt =D>
good question my friend.... =D>

:!: Just for the record, EVRYTHING I put up from screenshots to videos is %100 REAL "Works In Progress" created by me, myself and I....and nobody else...running or captured in "real-time" within the Sandbox2/CryEngine2 on my crappy PC. :grin:

NOTE : you can tell because I forget to turn OFF the "details" displayed in the upper right top corner when I take screenshots (but turn it off for making the videos) that displays the FPS, build, etc.

MOST of what you see is ONLY %20-40 finished and refined...depending on what "level/map" it is...(but still ingame and working in "realtime"). So just imagine what it will be like when i'm done with it, becuase while it looks good now...I've got ALOT of touching up and detailing to do. :razz:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Jack Stern
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
PSN: JackStern

Post by Jack Stern »

AMAZING :shock:

I'd kill to see the Intro credits in such detail like that, with One night on Neokobe City playing like Sega CD intro.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

It's funny you say that... :shock:

I was working on a "draft" version of that last week........and It's coming along pretty nice :grin:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

I put up some NEW images showing off some of the "interior" to The "Gibson Residence", and a VERY early shot of JHQ's "lobby" (they are in the Yahoo Group).

And here is 2 of those images...ENJOY! :grin:

NOTE: there are no modeled "Assets" to fill the "interior's" yet, so the POD at JHQ, and everything else is just a VERY ROUGH blocky mess that I use for "reference". The textures and colors are also NOT FINAL and WIP.
Attachments
GibsonsTest37(in).jpg
GibsonsTest68(in).jpg
JHQ-inside-test13.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

I have been working on my test model for "Metal Gear MKII", just rounding the model off some since the previous shots i posted...to get a better idea of what it might look like when i finish it.

I put up some more renders and screens of this model in the Yahoo Group, but this will be the final set of images released based on this test model.

I just got the much needed "blueprints" from artemio :mrgreen: , So I can start working on a better and more accurate final version of the model.

So what you see now is going to be completly redone, but this wasn't too bad for a "test" model?
Attachments
Metal Gear MKII - V2 views.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

That was nowhere near bad for a test model, looks like everything's coming along great, man, thanks for the update.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

I have been VERY busy with work, and I just recently got MGS4!!!! (F'n AMAZING! so far...just started act 2!)...

But I have had some time with the MOD, and have done some more work on the "New Kremlin"....here's a shot of the "Snatcher" storage bay...more in the group...and a "Teaser" video of it on Youtube! (should be up by the end of the night).
Attachments
NewKremlinTest63(storage1).jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

some more images of some "intro" related areas...

the "fight scene" on the street, and Chernoton.
Attachments
Compare - Intro - Chernoton.jpg
Compare - Intro Fight scene.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

What is it going to be a mod for? Half Life 2?
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

I've been checking this thread once in a while and i think this is interesting.
I just hope this will be ready someday and not like 99% of fanprojects out there in the internet.

One thing i don't understand, is this game going to be free, or do i need the crysis so i can play this or what?

Btw, it would be cool if you could upload videos once the game is enough completed that it can be demostrated.
oh and have you yet dicided what kind of musics there will be on the background... some hi-quality remix-versions of SEGA CD musics perhaps?
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

Looks like things are coming together nicely, good job, man.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

Solidé wrote:I've been checking this thread once in a while and i think this is interesting.
I just hope this will be ready someday and not like 99% of fanprojects out there in the internet.

One thing i don't understand, is this game going to be free, or do i need the crysis so i can play this or what?

Btw, it would be cool if you could upload videos once the game is enough completed that it can be demostrated.
oh and have you yet dicided what kind of musics there will be on the background... some hi-quality remix-versions of SEGA CD musics perhaps?

I will %100 finish this project! It might be another year or 2 though? (sorry...I'm building the entire game myself) ](*,)

\:D/ The MOD is %100 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT YOU WILL NEED Crysis "Warhead" to play the MOD. \:D/

I FULLY plan on actually making some finished "Videos/Trailers" when the work is completed :mrgreen:

I will be using ALL the music from the Sega Cd version, as well as the MANY soundtracks made for the game.
I'm thinking about doing some remixes/including fan remixes as well. :-k

I'll probebly let you guy's VOTE on what I should include (as far as the soundtracks and remixes go)....one of many reasons I started the "Community" thread \:D/
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

I've been looking at these screenshots and the work you're doing is incredibly good. I remember ages ago you posted some early shots that looked pretty crap and nothing like Snatcher, but obviously you now have some talented people helping you out and the results are very pleasing. I normally hate FPS games made after Doom 2, but when this comes out I'll make an exception...

Two things I'm wondering about-- if there's a Mac version of Crysis (not sure) will it work on it? Also, is there a timeframe as to when this is coming out?
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

8bitsonic wrote:I've been looking at these screenshots and the work you're doing is incredibly good. I remember ages ago you posted some early shots that looked pretty crap and nothing like Snatcher, but obviously you now have some talented people helping you out and the results are very pleasing. I normally hate FPS games made after Doom 2, but when this comes out I'll make an exception...

Two things I'm wondering about-- if there's a Mac version of Crysis (not sure) will it work on it? Also, is there a timeframe as to when this is coming out?
Even now you guy's aren't seing anything special yet.... :-"
The work I've been displaying is only like %30 complete (meaning there's %70 more detail/work to do...think of the current work as a "sketch").

As far as "Talented People" go, I am the ONLY person working on this MOD. :-({|=
(thank you for the compliments!)

I've had Marc (from the forums here) translate a few things for me, and Artemio (owner of this fine forum) has provided me with some much needed images....I'm very greatfull for the assistance I've gotten from them! :mrgreen:

Other than that all the models, maps, videos, programming, planning, and everything else related to the project is all me, myself and I (in my spare time). :-$

I don't think there is a Mac version of Crysis? and I'm not sure about it being compatable if there is. :-k

As of right now THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE... 8-[
I re-built the MOD from scratch this March (2008), and I was aiming for 2 years of total development time.
But with my bands, other hobbies and work....I can't say how long it will take. :-#
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

here's an internal test video I decided to release for "Gibson's Residence", showing a slightly newer interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBQo0X-oEQ

I've been focusing on "Gibson's" and "The Kremlin" lately, I'll have a "Teaser" up showing off "The Kremlin" interior (church part) sometime soon? (sucks not having an internet conenction available often). But until then Here are some images, the rest are in the Yahoo Group, and MODDB page!

ALL STILL WIP, But slowly coming along.
Attachments
Compare - The Gibson Residence(inside2).jpg
Compare - The NEW Kremlin(inside1).jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Re: The "SNATCHER MOD" ***UPDATED 10-9-08***

Post by Solidé »

Wow... those screens looks very good.
Nice work, now i'm gettin truly interested about this whole project.

Gibsons house on the video looks great too but maybe little bit too empty. But i know that you are going to add more decoration later of course.
Anyway, keep up the good work and please do not cancel this project. I hope everything goes well and you finish with this someday. ;)
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
el_ash
Major

Re: The "SNATCHER MOD" ***UPDATED 10-9-08***

Post by el_ash »

Well now the Kremlin "Interior" Teaser is up on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrvPCL_TDAI

And I have been working on more "Assets" for the levels, here are some images (still WIP).
I still need to model the "Knight" and "Board" for the Chess Set (Gibson's), and I'm working out the details of the "Sofa" still...as well as building other models/assets that I hope to share soon.
(WIP!).
Attachments
chess at gibson's3.jpg
chess at gibson's10.jpg
chess test 2-4.jpg
model shot test.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
el_ash
Major

Re: The "SNATCHER MOD" ***UPDATED 10-16-08***

Post by el_ash »

Well I'm shure you have all been waiting to see a more "finalised" version of my "Metal Gear mkII" Model?

So HERE you go!

It's still NOT FINISHED, but this is the final build I'm working on (you can see i need to add more detail, and tighten up the design/round the body off etc.)

UPDATED WITH A NEW PIC! ...rounded the body off a bit more.

UPDATE 11/04!!!!

Added a "teaser" for Metal Gear MKII to my Youtube :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QDP3hfiHHMA
Attachments
metal gear mkII (final tests)10.jpg
metal gear mkII (final tests)13.jpg
MKT-S-3a.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
dethklokdev
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: The "SNATCHER MOD" ***UPDATED 11-04-08*** Metal MKII Teaser!

Post by dethklokdev »

Hey man if there is anything i can do to help im a spriter and a graphics designer just tell me ill be glad to help
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

I was looking for ALOT of help with the MOD originally, but since i didn't get anyone interested....I ended up taking on the whole project. :mrgreen:

Now I'm at the point where I'm only looking for a Coder/Programmer, and That's just about it.

Unless you can model/rig/animate vehicles and characters in 3D Studio Max 9 or higher?

But you can check out the "Snatcher MOD - Community Thread", here in the forums to see what you can do for the MOD.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
dethklokdev
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 4

Post by dethklokdev »

Sorry man i never used 3d studio max im mainly a 2d graphic designer :cry:
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

No prob...I was the same way until this year, I've just been teaching myself 3D modeling since June or July (the "Blaster" was my first attempt).

I've noticed that alot of people around here (on jhq.net) are graphics designers...including myself, so I might have a "billboard" advertisment contest or something?

Where the winner(s) get their graphics put on one of the many billboards in-game?
sound good? cause if there's enough people into the idea, I'll make it so. :mrgreen:

BTW: for Yahoo Group members (of the Snatcher MOD Group)...
I've uploaded a rough test vid showing a simple test animation i was working on for "metal" to some dialog. Nothing special, but it's a start....and will only get better.

I'm working on trying to finish up the model, then rig it (this is not shown in the vid though).
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack