View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 6-22-16*** 
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-18-13*** *NEW Pics!*
Great renders!

I can't wait to see those Snatcher skeletons moving around one day.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am
Major

AwesomeBrand wrote:
I like this one shot of Junker HQ. Not only is it desktop wallpaper material but you can literally see how this remake has come a long way.

*edited as images now load*

Reminds me though, we haven't seen alot of Gibson's house lately. It'd be nice to... snoop around a bit.

Oh and btw thanks nick :wink:

Awwww man I can't see your images, so now I'm very curious...could you re-upload them into the post? (add file)

Honestly I haven't done much work to Gibson's house, but its in need of a re-design (as in up the poly count etc.).
I'd gladly film a video tour of it, although very incomplete if you'd like?

nickdaring wrote:
Great renders!

I can't wait to see those Snatcher skeletons moving around one day.

Ah no prob Nick! :mrgreen:

Those are not renders...hehehe (I know what you meant though)

For those who don't know : %95 of the work I show (images and video) is all legit from in the game...no bullshit here lol!.

I won't be able to start "rigging" the Snatcher up until the SDK patch is up, but as soon as it is I'll be working on that...no doubt!
I'd say by November is the goal to have them moving, but it really depends on Crytek right now, as the longer they take the longer I wait to start.

I always appreciate the questions guys, so don't hesitate to ask me shit...
I also don't mind doing requests if you want to see something, or have me make up a wallpaper etc. lol! :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:23 am
Second Lieutenant

el_ash wrote:
Awwww man I can't see your images, so now I'm very curious...could you re-upload them into the post?

You mean like.... THIS?
and I didn't realize till now, but the 2nd picture is further away than the others
Oh well, still showin what its showing

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 803.55 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
2.png
2.png [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 391.99 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 412.27 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]

"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Major

Ah nice!

The projects Art Direction changes are most noticeable in those images...
Switching engine builds so often resulted in loosing most of my materials/lighting each time lol!

Since you bring up an interesting subject you might enjoy this video then?

It's a speed run (lol) through hundreds of screenshots and images taken during the development of the project...
Most of the images were taken from the CryEngine 2 development, so the shit is pretty old with a few new screens/un-seen stuff thrown in for fun :mrgreen:
*I decided to show some of Spoony, and Dustin's work towards the end of the vid, as well as some of my level sketches etc.*

Of course I don't always take screenshots when working, and some images may be out of order/sequence. ENJOY!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:09 pm
Runner

So I've recently bumped into those screenshots with quest items (this one: download/file.php?id=1585&mode=view), I think it needs some critique (I know it's WIP, but still). Most importantly, they need some greater detail. For example, some items like the sunscreen, JUNKER ID card and the floppy disk - they look really blank. Secondly, the handwriting in Harry's and Gibson's notes looks more like as if they printed them out. Also, they kinda look like handkerchefs, lol.

By the way, any news? I'm procrastinating with my 3D modelling (gotta stop it), but I'm still pretty nice when it comes to textures.

UPD: I've also bumped into this:
zombie-flesheater wrote:
Things to include... maybe more references of today's things. Like mentioning facebook, apple etc. but keeping them out of Snatcher by mentioning it wasn't so successful in the Jordan database. Sorry, it's still Jordan for me. :D
I really liked the original's references, and there was a lot of them. And you either got them or you didn't, but they were never really needed for the gameplay itself or for the main storyline. And you could reference a lot of today's pop culture, games, etc.

I was thinking about a nod to the 'Metal Gear incident' Harry mentioned. And, hell, you can bump the Policenauts as well, since Napoleon and Random were there (I guess Jamie was there too).

Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! (c)AwesomeBrand

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 am
Major

TechNoir wrote:
So I've recently bumped into those screenshots with quest items (this one: download/file.php?id=1585&mode=view), I think it needs some critique (I know it's WIP, but still). Most importantly, they need some greater detail. For example, some items like the sunscreen, JUNKER ID card and the floppy disk - they look really blank. Secondly, the handwriting in Harry's and Gibson's notes looks more like as if they printed them out. Also, they kinda look like handkerchefs, lol.

By the way, any news? I'm procrastinating with my 3D modelling (gotta stop it), but I'm still pretty nice when it comes to textures.

UPD: I've also bumped into this:
zombie-flesheater wrote:
Things to include... maybe more references of today's things. Like mentioning facebook, apple etc. but keeping them out of Snatcher by mentioning it wasn't so successful in the Jordan database. Sorry, it's still Jordan for me. :D
I really liked the original's references, and there was a lot of them. And you either got them or you didn't, but they were never really needed for the gameplay itself or for the main storyline. And you could reference a lot of today's pop culture, games, etc.

I was thinking about a nod to the 'Metal Gear incident' Harry mentioned. And, hell, you can bump the Policenauts as well, since Napoleon and Random were there (I guess Jamie was there too).

About the models :

Those were some of the very first 3D models I ever made, so they fucking suck! lol! :-$
The most important thing to note about this project is that it will continue to grow and improve with my skills over time. :mrgreen:

I want to change the notes to real hand written text, but for the sake of exactly replicating the games art I left it that way for now.
I've been looking at those assets and thinking about updating them, but there are more important things to do right now.

Progress :

Get on your modeling slacker!

Crytek recently came out with the *new* CryEngine...
My focus was on Vehicle and Character Rigging, but now I'm "Porting" the work and re-learning tasks.

Thanks to real life I haven't had time to devote to the project, so I'm not sure when I'll have another update (???) :-k
I need to find some talented Programmers, Character Riggers, and Character Modelers.
Otherwise I cover a dozen job positions at once...meaning a little bit of everything gets done, but nothing gets finished. ](*,)

About adding references :

I've thought about that a lot...I have plenty of ideas, but not enough time.
I was even considering having actual internet access in the game through JORDAN etc.
My focus is on getting the original JORDAN stuff done first, and then thinking about adding/changing stuff. :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:20 am
Runner

Quote:
I was even considering having actual internet access in the game through JORDAN etc.

And yeah, I gotta get back to my modelling ASAP.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm
Major

TechNoir wrote:
Quote:

And yeah, I gotta get back to my modelling ASAP.

HOLY FUCK! HILARIOUS "DO WANT" IMAGE!

Yes that feature I mentioned and Oculus Rift support are HIGH UP on my list of things to do! :mrgreen:

A friend has already designed the "in-game web browser" functionality for the CE3, but maybe needs to port it to the new engine (?).
I'm also getting an Oculus Rift "Dev Kit 2 (HD)" as soon as they are made available this year (?), and the CE will support it soon.

Yes get on the modeling! I'm looking for a good "prop" modeler to assist me!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm
Runner

Quote:
Oculus Rift

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am

i came.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am
Major

Quote:
Yes that feature I mentioned and Oculus Rift support are HIGH UP on my list of things to do! :mrgreen:

TechNoir wrote:
Quote:
Oculus Rift

THEN YOU SHALL HAVE IT! :mrgreen:

*VR Support for this Snatcher project is indeed CONFIRMED!*

I've been the proud owner of an Oculus Rift DK2 for almost a year now (got it in August 2014), and I've already done some basic Snatcher tests with it...
All I can say is that VR, and the Oculus is FUCKING AMAZING even now as an indie/prototype "thing", and real "retail" VR should be coming out next year (2016), so prepare yourself!

Attachments:
File comment: My Oculus Rift DK2
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG [ 124.01 KiB | Viewed 2261 times ]

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 am

Quote:

Oh fuck yes.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:45 pm
Runner

Quote:

WOOOOOHOOOOAAA

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:16 am
Major

TechNoir wrote:
Quote:

WOOOOOHOOOOAAA

YOU PERVERT! lol! :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/9Ij_Oo4zIVI?t=2h24m39s

Thanks to the video above/before you ask : YES. It will bring a new level to being a "perv" in the game when you can freely look/move around...positional tracking/motion controls...
Such a lovely female cast members...Kojima will be proud when I get it working! Ahem! I mean VR is going to really enhance the immersion, and interaction within the world lol!

I know I'm talking a lot about VR for this project as I'm developing it from the ground up with VR in mind on UE4, but luckily the game will be %100 playable without VR as well!

Although the experience is obviously going to be better in VR, because of the freedoms you get from it that just can't be done/enjoyed outside of VR...aka...DAT IMMERSION!

Attachments:
gillian_14a.jpg
gillian_14a.jpg [ 12.27 KiB | Viewed 1785 times ]

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:46 pm
Runner

Yeah, I think UE4 is a good choice as well. Hope I'll do some help one day, 'cos my 3D progress has ended in utter failure.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am

I've been listening to some New Retro Wave recently and today I came across this video which looked familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_0hPcCmyBs

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 am
Major

Kerm wrote:
I've been listening to some New Retro Wave recently and today I came across this video which looked familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_0hPcCmyBs

Nice find! :mrgreen:

TechNoir wrote:
Yeah, I think UE4 is a good choice as well. Hope I'll do some help one day, 'cos my 3D progress has ended in utter failure.

So has mine technically...I need to devote time to improving just my modeling as well lol!

Keep at it though, and if you want it bad enough it can happen...I know that sounds cheesy, but this Snatcher remake was just a crazy idea long ago, and I had zero skills in this realm.
I know it's coming along at a snails pace, but the longer you work at it the more the vision becomes a reality...seriously. :mrgreen:

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:38 pm
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 10-24-15***
You never realize how much you want to look around, and move your head until you are in a game world in VR lol!

So I figured I'd share a little fucking around in VR on a little Snatcher VR test map... :mrgreen:

There is not much here to see, as it's all bare bones/rushed imported assets, on a blank map, and me looking around (*sorry It's a very early test)
The big thing is that the DK2 works in UE4, and maybe this helps non-VR enthusiasts maybe see how awesome it will be to just look around at things?

ENJOY!

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 pm
Major

Post Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake (WIP) ***UPDATED 11-1-15***
So for the longest time VR was pretty unstable in the UE4...
Recently I've poured a ton of my spare time into getting it to work with an older UE4/Oculus SDK.

A question : Would you guys be interested in playing around with early WIP shit like this?
**There is nothing to do besides look/walk around, but it does run in VR (Oculus Rift DK2), or on a monitor**

*please let me know!* :mrgreen:

**I'm offering a few users here on JHQ a chance to download these tests, and nobody else!**
***You obviously have to meet the PC requirements for the UE4, and having an Oculus is a HUGE plus***

There is plenty more testing being done, as I slowly build up towards some kind of better "demo".

Here are some early images of a slightly updated test map (v0.6)...

Attachments:
snatchervrtestv06.jpg
snatchervrtestv06.jpg [ 224.71 KiB | Viewed 1411 times ]
snatchervrtestv06-1.jpg
snatchervrtestv06-1.jpg [ 282.43 KiB | Viewed 1411 times ]
snatchervrtestv06-2.jpg
snatchervrtestv06-2.jpg [ 324.7 KiB | Viewed 1411 times ]

Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:42 pm
Second Lieutenant

el_ash wrote:
A question : Would you guys be interested in playing around with early WIP shit like this?

"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Major

AwesomeBrand wrote:
el_ash wrote:

YOU CAN HAZ IT!

...sending you a PM with more info! :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Runner

I'd love to, but it'll be a while before I build a new PC, since my potato laptop can barely run UE4 at a whopping 5 fps. Also waiting for both Oculus Rift retail and Vive to choose one of them.

Also, soon I'll try 3D again. If modelling won't work, then animating. I've intended to go into Source Filmmaker for a while, anyway.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 pm
Major

TechNoir wrote:
I'd love to, but it'll be a while before I build a new PC, since my potato laptop can barely run UE4 at a whopping 5 fps. Also waiting for both Oculus Rift retail and Vive to choose one of them.

Also, soon I'll try 3D again. If modelling won't work, then animating. I've intended to go into Source Filmmaker for a while, anyway.

My current Snatcher test map chugs even on my PC a bit, so yeah you might want to ask when you have a better PC! :mrgreen:
I'm doing "Stress Testing" basically, as I work out/learn the UE4's art pipeline, so the goal is to drive my PC's frame rates into the ground for science! lol!

About VR...

If you want to get into VR you WILL NEED a "beast" of a PC, but it's soooooo fucking worth it, so long as you aren't expecting "The Matrix" from VR's first commercial release.
VR is taking it's baby steps, and so you won't be suiting up, and jacking into a picture perfect hi-res version of reality, but what it does, and will offer is simply the "Future" of media.

Well get on with your talents man! lol!
It's not like you don't have the time t get good, as this project will take me forever, but I have a feeling it will be worth it... :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:52 pm

I don't have any kind of VR equipment, but I do have a very powerful PC (2700K and 290X) and would be happy to help with any kind of testing you need to do. Just let me know.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:10 pm
Runner

New PC - done. Soon I'll try animating stuff.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next