View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Shooting sequence save state or cheat? 

Post Shooting sequence save state or cheat?
'K I know this is kind of low, but I've tried to defeat the onslaught of Insectors at the end of the game but I just can't do it. I'm not flexible enough, seemingly. :( So is there a way to help me complete this shooting sequence or skip it all together?

If anyone has an appropriate cheat for Fusion or Gens, or if anyone has an appropriate save state, please let me know. I'm sure there are other lurkers who could use it too, heh. Thanks in advance. :cool:

Tue May 20, 2008 1:11 am
General

Post Re: Shooting sequence save state or cheat?
I don't know of anywhere you can get a save state or of any cheats for Snatcher, at all. Sorry.

So, I'm afraid it's mandatory to beat those two sequences, the first of which is incredibly hard using a keyboard.

The best thing you can do though, is keep tapping the shoot button rapidly whilst aiming accordingly. You need quick reflexes to pass it, and once you get past it, the second shootout is a breeze. Make sure you don't shoot anything in the third sequence, otherwise you'll be even more sorry than Gillian will be!

Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 am
Profile WWW
General

That Insector fight could be seen as an initiation test for any Hideo Kojima fan who wants to become an accepted Snatcher fan. You should probably persevere and complete it, rather than resorting to a save state or something. :p

Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Major

You'll feel good if you beat it without the cheats or save state. I played it on my psp, so, while I had a heck of a time killing them, I was able to beat it. I've never really played Snatcher SCD on a keyboard, so I'm not sure what it's like. If you REALLY need it, the Picodrive for psp has a save state. Good luck. As 87th said, that's the initiation into being a hardcore Snatcher fan....sorta...

Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 am
J.U.N.K.E.R.

If I remember well, you can't save after these shooting scenes.

If you can't make it, just use the Snatcher trainer (it requires an older version of Gens to work).

Tue May 20, 2008 1:10 pm
Runner

Hey, is it just with me, or Fusion sometimes doesn't register some button presses?

It's not just in the shooting sequences... Anytime there's some digitalized sound effect, the controller becomes crap. I have yet to test the game on Gens, or a Sega CD, so I don't konw if it's an emulation problem, or game problem.

Tue May 20, 2008 3:30 pm
Second Lieutenant

I've never had trouble with Gens, and the only advice I can give is to play a LOT of Time Crisis. It made the last parts a breeze for me. Play it on hard difficulties, and you'll build up really fast reflexes from it. It also transfers well to Policenauts. I got to the mid-90's in the shooting trainer, but a couple of civilians got in my way...

Wed May 21, 2008 4:19 pm

The Spoony Hou wrote:
Hey, is it just with me, or Fusion sometimes doesn't register some button presses?

It's not just in the shooting sequences... Anytime there's some digitalized sound effect, the controller becomes crap. I have yet to test the game on Gens, or a Sega CD, so I don't konw if it's an emulation problem, or game problem.

Yeah! That's one of the reasons why I was really struggling with this. I'd click the shoot button sometimes and it just wouldn't respond! Oh well~

I finally got it the other day, with my mental state bordering on complete instability/insanity. Thanks for the tips guys, I just kept pressing the shoot button and focused on my aiming. And major *phew* that I didn't shoot the "silhouette" in the third sequence. If I did that and got game over I would've been quite :evil: !

But anywho, now I'm a true Kojima fan. Snatcher contains one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game. The sense of humour's not too shabby either. (My favourite part? The "turn your volume up" scenario at the abandoned factory. Awesome.)

Wed May 21, 2008 7:16 pm
Major

Muzza wrote:
I finally got it the other day, with my mental state bordering on complete instability/insanity.

*clap* *clap* Congrats! I think once you realize that there is absolutely NO WAY for anyone to beat that part without wasting bullets, then it gets much easier.

Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 am

I just ran into this part as well and it feels as pure sadism :x

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile YIM

I did it on a keyboard too. It took me days but the ending was so great. I can now do them any time.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:57 am
Policenaut Hacker

This is my run of it. I recommend the "Never stop shooting" strategy.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 am

Holly crap, did you use that light gun or something?

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile YIM

The Spoony Hou wrote:

I don't think it is an emulation issue. I just got done playing through on actual hardware and sometimes the game does not register button presses. Once that happens in this shooting sequence it is extremely difficult to recover. It seems like it only happens once or twice per shooting sequence, but this is the only one where it puts you in any real danger.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:43 am

Yessss!
Finally got it on my second try, take that Insectors.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:51 am
Profile YIM
Runner

stealth0707 wrote:
I don't think it is an emulation issue. I just got done playing through on actual hardware and sometimes the game does not register button presses. Once that happens in this shooting sequence it is extremely difficult to recover. It seems like it only happens once or twice per shooting sequence, but this is the only one where it puts you in any real danger.

Oh, crap... So, that means I'll have problems on all ways to play the game :(...

Well, unless I learn Japanese and play the PCE version.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:02 am
Second Lieutenant

I remember using my keyboard for most of this game until I got to this point, it's so, so much easier with a pad.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:53 am

Even then it is still hard.
Well I managed to defeat the Insectors and Snatchers twice now, am I now a real gamer?

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]