Anyone Seen The Movie Thief (pleasure of tension

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Anyone Seen The Movie Thief (pleasure of tension

Post by Snake Plissken »

I was catching the 1981 movie "Thief" on cable today, with James Caan about carjackers ect., and I couldn't help but notice the main theme in the movie throughout certain intese scenes of action is 80% simialer to "The Pleasure of Tension" in snatcher.

At first I thought I left snatcher midi 5 up in my jukebox but I heard it off the TV! Almost every part of the song in that movie is simailer to it! The beat channels are totally constant to eachother. "Tangerine Dream" perfected the complete soundtrack for it, but it's not purchasable anywhere.

But I'm not suprised if Motoaki Furukawa had a collective ref., for this is a somewhat cult classic "low budget-esk" action movie(and simply that Tangerine Dream's Pink Floyd-ish score is amazing, and that they rock alot!). But then again, the mixing ideals probly could have came from any influence to him.

I'm gonna go through my tangerine dream and look if they placed it on one of their own compilations. If I find it, I'll post a sample, this is pretty neat! :grin:
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

I just visited Amazon.com to see if anything was there as far as sound samples go, and found this page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 05-1654527

All I can say is that music is VERY Snatcher-esque. It sounds like the track you heard is "Scrap Yard" (at least that's the one that sounds the most like Pleasure Of Tension to me).

Interesting find.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Snatcher2047 wrote:I just visited Amazon.com to see if anything was there as far as sound samples go, and found this page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 05-1654527

All I can say is that music is VERY Snatcher-esque. It sounds like the track you heard is "Scrap Yard" (at least that's the one that sounds the most like Pleasure Of Tension to me).

Interesting find.
Thats it! I gotta make a high quality rip out of a section of that song where it's almost constant, it's lower beat in another song, just like the tone it was played on the snatcher sound cd. Yes, it's very snatcher-esque!