GAMEStm Blaustein feature!

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

GAMEStm Blaustein feature!

Post by Mr. Seed »

Not sure if this has been mentioned....

Check the latest issue of GAMEStm (No.93 - Alan Wake cover) for an 'Adventures in Translation' Jeremy Blaustein special feature.

The feature is a good read and includes a DPS Outer Heaven image and other Snatcher related pics (plato's, video phone) and info snippets. It's pages 156 - 161 if you want to browse it first.

Ay-Thank-You!
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Re: GAMEStm Blaustein feature!

Post by Henry Spencer »

Can you give us some interesting snippets from the article for those of us who don't have access to it? Thanks.
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

In other words....scans. :P
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

That was my article, which I was never credited for. Though I did manage to almost sneak my surname into it - check the first letter of each of the first 11 sentences. If they hadn't altered the very first word, it would spell my surname - now it's a letter out.

Here are some hi res photos of it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M1G4N8AI

I intend to run a follow up article using my leftover notes. It's 10,000 words currently, and was going to be hosted on several websites.

Would JunkerHQ also like a copy?
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Sure thing we'd like to host it as well. However, I think we'd have to wait a few months after publication.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

Post by Mr. Seed »

Lucky I mentioned it! That article was my reason for buying the magazine, good work. One thing that was shocking though, was the registration on page 157, 3 of the 4 copies on the stand were almost illegible with the text reversed out of 4-colour rich black and the reg being off... Shame. Were you comissioned for the piece or did you just submit it as freelance feature copywriting? Thanks.
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

You should have also put this in the ZOE forum, since JB speculates that Kojima named the game as such after his daughter - interestingly, JB also named the cube of Zoe from SOTN after his daughter.

Anyway, I pitched the feature to their retro editor, he said yes and sent me a Purchase Order, I then wrote the article to the PO's specifications, handed it in, and 60 days later received my cheque. :)

I emailed my second article to Artemio, it's about 9,000 words, and JunkerHQ is free to host it from around April. It's a free article which I'd like as many websites to host as possible, since it uses my leftover notes from the GamesTM article.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast