Save State after REAL Room 3 in Queens Hospital

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
ReedlyScotty
Favorite Game: Tomba
Kojima games owned: MGS,
MGS2,
MGS3,
MGS4,
Zoe,
Zoe2,
Contra Shattered Soldier.

Save State after REAL Room 3 in Queens Hospital

Post by ReedlyScotty »

(possible spoilers)

Hi,

I've been playing snatcher since the past few days. After reaching the part where I open the morgue and find the 4 recently snatched bodies. There is a 7minute cutscene where Chin Shu Oh tells about his master plan.

Just after he shoots them both down and when the talking starts (audio file 21 in the iso+mp3 rip) the game just freezes. There is no way for me to continue further.

I tried 6 emulators, 6 images, 12 BIOS, in all kinds of permutations and combination possible, but to no avail. I was able to get the cutscene loaded (muted though) by loading the image into a virtual drive and loading the save state. But after the cutscene is over, it is only black screen and nothing happens.

I cant think of any feasible solution for this. Can anyone provide me save states (.gsx) which is just after the part of the cut-scene? Would be really really grateful! I am already very sad that I got this far and cannot go anywhere now because of this problem :(
ReedlyScotty
Favorite Game: Tomba
Kojima games owned: MGS,
MGS2,
MGS3,
MGS4,
Zoe,
Zoe2,
Contra Shattered Soldier.

Re: Save State after REAL Room 3 in Queens Hospital

Post by ReedlyScotty »

A few more hours added to my already put 4h effort gave me the solution.

Basically I was trying to load save states, so different ISOs even though they were good, had problem working properly.

Here is the snatcher BRM file that has File 3 which is just before you beat the Snatcher in Room 1. And File 4 is in the dark vent right after the whole cutscene.

Also attached is a save state from after the cutscene.

Just in case someone has similar problem as me.

States and Files were made using Kega Fusion 3.64 but yeah, should work with other popular emulators too.
Attachments
Snatcher Queens Saves.zip
GSX saved using Kega Fusion 3.64 JUST after the cutscene where Chin gives his speech.

And a BRM File containing save files (3 & 4 ) before and after the cutscene.
(426.06 KiB) Downloaded 205 times