SNATCHER - The Complete Script - COMING *not so* SOON! lol!

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: SNATCHER - The Complete Script - COMING SOON!

Post by el_ash »

SnatcherMkII wrote:Over 300 pages per act?

Dayum son. I always wondered if Kojima ever likes to write like over 300 pages of dialogue and shit.

I'm scared... ;_;
I love how Kojima puts that much effort into it...and remember that Snatcher was originally a 6 Act game that he was forced to cut down to 2 (then 3).
I'd say that something like Mass Effect or Skyrim would be fucking ridiculous to see a "Text Dump" of...I'd drop dead...lol!

Well if it wasn't organized the way I did it (which added a lot of pages) it would be a little smaller...
This project also contains the "Cut Scene" and ALL other "Dialogue" spoken from the game, so just Act 3's "ending" adds MANY pages.

I'm sorry for this project taking me so long, but as you can see there's a good reason hehehe
It's seriously eating into my free time to work on the remake of Snatcher I'm doing, so I can't fucking wait to finish this!
I know waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much about Snatcher now thanks to this project...lol! :mrgreen:

BTW: @GirianSeed573 : My bad! I was scrolling and clicking too fast and deleted your post on accident while trying to quote it...

You mentioned a "Stack" for Policenauts....funny thing...
I took pictures of the original "Text Dumps" from Snatcher that I printed out back in 2003 last week lol!
I'd be an idiot to try printing my work on this project...I think I'd kill the printer!
Also a similar "Stack" of notes, drawings, sketches for the Snatcher mod (now game).
Attachments
OG.jpg
Plan.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
GirianSeed573
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Policenauts
Kojima games owned: (PCE) Snatcher Pilot Disk
(PCE) Snatcher CD-ROMantic
(PS1) Policenauts
(PS1) Policenauts Private Collection
(PS1) Snatcher
(SAT) Snatcher
(SAT) Policenauts
(PS1) Metal Gear Solid (Digital, PSN)
(PS1) Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
(GBC) Metal Gear Solid (cartridge-only)
(PS2) Zone of the Enders
(PS2) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
(PS2) The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2
(PS2) Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
(GBA) boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand
(NGC) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
(PS2) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
(PSP) Metal Gear AC!D (UMD-only)
(PS2) Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
(PSP) Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (Digital, PSN)
(PSP) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
(PSP) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
(PS2) Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Database
(iOS) Metal Gear Solid: Touch
(PSP) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition
(360) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
(3DS) Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
(PSV) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
(PS3) Zone of the Enders HD Collection
(360) Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition
(PS3) Zone of the Enders HD Edition (JP, Digital, PSN)
(PS3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Limited Edition
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (NA & JP)
(Win) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (NA & JP)
(360) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Digital, Xbox Live)
(Win) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
(Win) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Post by GirianSeed573 »

el_ash wrote:My bad! I was scrolling and clicking too fast and deleted your post on accident while trying to quote it...
No biggie.

Hey, how come no one said anything about you becoming a moderator?
「Желаю вам усцeхa!!
J・U・N・K・E・R・・・・」
Kojima Hideo
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: I will fill this in later, I have too many, if that's even possible.

Post by Kojima Hideo »

el_ash wrote:"Zombie" showed interest in wanting to help, but I haven't heard from him...

If you would like to "Translate" this work into another language then go for it!
I'd offer my help, but yeah I don't think there's enough of a demand to put in that effort lol!

If you would like to help correct Act 3's spelling and grammar that's cool with me!
Just download it and send me the files when you are done...Act 1 and 2 will need help as well...
ALL the "spoken" dialogue from the game was quickly jotted down while I listened to it, so it's very messy gramatically (but very accurate word wise) lol!

Oh the "Color" stuff shown in my last image? Oh no that's something else...
It is a color coded guide for me to "highlight" things taht need done or notes etc. as I internally work on this project.
In the original game there was Yellow, Green, and Red highlighted text depending on the situation, so that will stay there (clues, important words etc.)

Thanks for showing interest in this! :mrgreen:
Ash, I'll try to correct it in the coming two to three weeks. I'm now in the middle of tests, they will endure for two weeks. When I'm done, I'll do my best.

I also want to help with Act 1 and 2, when are the drafts finished you reckon?
Is it an idea to give the different characters a different font color, or different fonts altogether? That way it enhances the reading pleasure in my opinion.
Damn!
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

GirianSeed573 wrote:
el_ash wrote:My bad! I was scrolling and clicking too fast and deleted your post on accident while trying to quote it...
No biggie.

Hey, how come no one said anything about you becoming a moderator?

I've had some "moderator" powers around here for a few years now...
That's my first real mistake as an official moderator...sorry it was on your post. :-$

Sometime last month though a member PM'd me about a site or SPAM issue (thinking I was a mod), so I directed him to Artemio and Marc...
Then I realized I could have solved the issue and spend enough time here (been visiting JHQ for 10 years now), so why not be a "full" moderator?

So yeah...I'm official now! :mrgreen:
Kojima Hideo wrote:
Ash, I'll try to correct it in the coming two to three weeks. I'm now in the middle of tests, they will endure for two weeks. When I'm done, I'll do my best.

I also want to help with Act 1 and 2, when are the drafts finished you reckon?
Is it an idea to give the different characters a different font color, or different fonts altogether? That way it enhances the reading pleasure in my opinion.
Take your time man, but obviously the sooner the better! :mrgreen:
I could release it all as a "Draft" next weekend, but I'd like to organize them more, but for "Drafts" they are ready now. *I'm a perfectionist at times lol!

It's definately been an idea I've kicked around...(font color for each speaker) because black and white is boring.
I would only be giving the "character name" a font color if I did so, otherwise you'd end up with a multicolored raindbow of text lol!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack