Series - help needed

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
GlennPlant
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Series - help needed

Post by GlennPlant »

Hey all, new to posting here but ive been a viewer for a number of years!

Were currently making a new series for youtube which will be retro game hunting but snatcher themed. Ive been in touch with a few of the members here already and they have been a great help in helping out with various music / clips etc which we really appreciate.

what i was wondering is if anyone has/ knows where i can get an audio rip of the dialogue lines from Snatcher. Ideally were after metal gears lines to use.

To give you a heads up on what the finished show will be about/like....

For over 10 years I've been a game snatcher, people from across the world ask me to track them down rare/hard to find games (usually pal region releases or exclusives as im UK based) and i use my contacts and knowledge to find them and usually get them a very good deal on it for them.

After becoming a fan of the game chasers show I decided that id use my production experience and hobby of doing this to make a new show and use a Snatcher theme to it as its one of my favourite games too.

for the show i will be using a mix of "real world" footage which we are shooting and also use clips from various mods, in game shots and sound effects to blend it all together. My sidekick will naturally be metal gear mk2 who will be like an assistant and help with info etc. In order to pull this off i could really do with getting the audio of metal gears lines so i can cut them etc to help keep the theme going and from the tests ive done so far it works very well.

its a little hard to explain because as far as ive seen there is nothing like this at all on youtube (the editing work is very time consuming but looks cool in the tests)

if anyone can help it would be HUGELY appreciated!
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Re: Series - help needed

Post by AwesomeBrand »

http://junkerhq.net/Snatcher/PCM2WAV/

Here's a program to extract a bunch of sound files from the game. I've only used it once and long ago but this should get you a lot of what you need.

EDIT: You'll specifically want to use the spcm2wav_seg.exe program in the zip file so you get the sound files separate instead of in one big wav file. Also voiceovers start @ 94. Listening up to 600 it has all of the voices that aren't redbook audio.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

Oh hey Glenn,

You didn't mention you needed SFX/Voice stuffs lol! \:D/

I happen to have them all arranged/ripped (using the tool mentioned of course) and easy to access by Character (not line by line yet...sorry) :mrgreen:
Here is the link to the "Voice Acting" : http://www.mediafire.com/?87f4p4wsc5fyzcc

Below is the SFX *attached*...
Attachments
Snatcher - ALL SFX.rar
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
GlennPlant

Post by GlennPlant »

ah thats bloody awesome! those files were exactly what i was looking for! cant thank you guys enough!
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

GlennPlant wrote:ah thats bloody awesome! those files were exactly what i was looking for! cant thank you guys enough!
No prob. Did you get my Youtube reply yet?
Rendering doesn't take me too long depending, so if you have a storyboard or exact shot with "Metal" you need let me know.

BTW: This is to ALL Snatcher fans here...
*If you'd like some custom image/video etc. based on the work I've done with the "Snatcher Project" (remake). Feel free to ask me*
:mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
GlennPlant

Post by GlennPlant »

hey ash, yeah i got your message i just replied to it. ive been working the past few days so im trying to catch up today with emails etc from everyone :)