Questions about Snatcher Mega CD

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
RyuHayabusa
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear - NES CIB
Metal Gear - Famicom CIB
Snake's Revenge - NES CIB
Metal Gear Solid - Playstation
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snaker Eater - PS2
Metal Gear Solid 4 -PS3
Metal Gear HD Collection - PS3
Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker - PSP
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - PS3
Snatcher CD-Romantic - PC Engine
Snather Pilot Disk - PC Engine
Snatcher - Sega CD
Snatcher - Sega Saturn
Snatcher - Playstation
Policenauts - Sega Saturn
Policenauts - Playstation - The Best
Policenauts - Playstation

Questions about Snatcher Mega CD

Post by RyuHayabusa »

Ok, so I just won an auction for Snatcher on the Mega CD and now I have a few questions about some things that didn't occur to me before I won it, lol. First off, I thought the Sega CD/Mega CD were region free like the PC Engine/Turbografx CD, but apparently that's not the case. Then I thought hey, I'll just buy a PAL Mega Drive and that I remembered that I won't be able to use it. I'm so used to Japanese consoles being NTSC. What's the best way to get around this issue?

Also, is there anything noticeably different between the Sega CD and Mega CD ports? I know that some of the older Nintendo consoles run slower and have black bars on the sides/top of the screen. I've never noticed it in any YouTube videos but just want to make sure.

I got the game at a pretty reasonable price plus I prefer the standard CD double case versus the big bulky Sega CD case. I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Questions about Snatcher Mega CD

Post by Artemio »

Well, you do need an euro MCD, or a cart that allows multi region with a flash BIOS. However I haven't tested a PAL game in such config, just Japanese and US games.

I guess that the best you could do is rip your game and patch it to become the US release and burn it after the fact. The ony other difference I can remember is in the red book audio, during the ending.

Here is a comparative with a third version of the game that could give you deeper insight. http://junkerhq.net/Snatcher/Sample98/
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
RyuHayabusa
Metal Gear - Famicom CIB
Metal Gear Solid 4 -PS3
Snatcher - Sega CD
Snatcher - Sega Saturn
Snatcher - Playstation

Post by RyuHayabusa »

Well, I got the game in the mail today and I am pissed. Got it from a guy in the UK and paid 120 pounds, or $195 all together, $160 plus $35 (!) for shipping. Didn't realize how pricey the shipping was until I made the offer, and he accepted. Anyway, the reason I'm pissed is because the guy lied about the condition. It was supposed to be in great condtion, in his own words, but I get it and the disc is scratched up, the cover is torn loose from the rest of the manual, and it's not in the original case. I can tell because it barely has a scratch on it and it barely closes. This is the third time in the last few months I've had to file a complaint on Ebay due to an item not being as described. Shit is getting old.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

That sucks man... That has never happened to me, hopefully you can get your money back.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
RyuHayabusa
Metal Gear - Famicom CIB
Metal Gear Solid 4 -PS3
Snatcher - Sega CD
Snatcher - Sega Saturn
Snatcher - Playstation

Post by RyuHayabusa »

Sending the game back because of the poor condition of the game. Unfortunately I'm having to pay to send the game back because the asshole will not cover the return shipping charges. I escalated the case with Ebay but despite the fact that he lied about the item I'm going to have to lose money to send it back, and of course it's international shipping which makes it even more expensive. Absolute bullshit.
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

Next time, you might wanna see the ratings the guy received.

Betcha he'll tell his friend that you're a dumb American and they'll laugh each others' asses off.

But anyway, you might wanna find something that'll cover up the scratches.
RyuHayabusa
Metal Gear - Famicom CIB
Metal Gear Solid 4 -PS3
Snatcher - Sega CD
Snatcher - Sega Saturn
Snatcher - Playstation

Post by RyuHayabusa »

The guy actually has a 99.8% positive feedback so I figured the guy was trustworthy. The whole situation has been a nightmare. I sent the game back, which cost me $40 because Ebay needed a tracking number to confirm the item was delivered and I didn't trust the guy to actually admit to receiving the game back and forking the cash back over. Now it's been sitting in customs for 4 days and he hasn't picked it up. I called Ebay about it and they said to give him until the 10th to pick it up. If he doesn't pick it up I have no idea what will happen. Will the item be returned to me and I'll be stuck with it? Will I get the game back and my money back through Ebay Buyer Protection? I just want my money back but I'd be happy with that scenario, but something tells me I'll get screwed and not get the game nor the money back. That's the way my luck is. I've been having a lot of issues with international sellers lately. Games scratched up, game cases with broken teeth where the CD is held in place. This is the worst by far though.