You can now play Snatcher on Android devices

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

You can now play Snatcher on Android devices

Post by Snatcher42 »

The only Sega CD emulator on Android, MD.emu, just added CD-Audio support, which means Snatcher is finally playable. I'm about halfway through Act 1, and it runs great! Setup is pretty similar to PC based emulators - you'll need a Sega CD bios and the game image in bin/cue format. The emulator is in the Google Play store (linked above) and costs $4.99, but is definitely worth it. It's the best Genesis emu on the platform. Runs great on both my Xperia phone and Nexus 7 tablet.
Octopus Erectus
Favorite Game: Cave Story

Re: You can now play Snatcher on Android devices

Post by Octopus Erectus »

On iOS too, I have actually beaten the game for the first time a week ago on my phone.
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

i have an ipad 3. does it need to be jailbroken
nickdaring
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by nickdaring »

Very cool!

I've been trying to figure out what kind of computer I could put into my MKII project to play Snatcher itself and found this cheap Android based PC-
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-SYSTEMS-COMPA ... B008H3B736

With this Android sega cd emulator available this might be the perfect solution!

Nick
Junker-2045

Post by Junker-2045 »

Great find! I have an Xperia mini and the screen is ridiculously small and the on-screen buttons look like they'll clutter my screen. My question is can you change transparency of the on-screen buttons all the way to 0?
sav2880
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: sav2880
Xbox Live: sav2880

Post by sav2880 »

Question ... have any of you tried Snatcher with md.emu?

I ask because when I tried to do this, the video would cut out about 2/3 of the way through the initial introduction video sequence. It would continue to play the audio, and if I cancelled before the video cuts out, I could continue to play the game, but there is that one catch.

Anyone experienced this?
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

Yeah, it happened to me too.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
nickdaring
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by nickdaring »

Here's a guy running Snatcher on the Ouya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0g-iE8rUM&sns=em
Darsh

Post by Darsh »

Snatcher42 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm The only Sega CD emulator on Android, MD.emu, just added CD-Audio support, which means Snatcher is finally playable. I'm about halfway through Act 1, and it runs great! Setup is pretty similar to PC based emulators - you'll need a Sega CD bios and the game image in bin/cue format. The emulator is in the Google Play store (linked above) and costs $4.99, but is definitely worth it. It's the best Genesis emu on the platform. Runs great on both my Xperia phone and Nexus 7 tablet.
That's fantastic news! MD.emu's addition of CD-Audio support for Sega CD games, like Snatcher, is a game-changer. Its seamless performance and compatibility make it a standout emulator on Android. The ease of setup and its excellent performance on different devices make it a worthwhile investment for any Genesis gaming enthusiast.
scsa

Post by scsa »

Sorry guys but you are just wrong about Snatcher running great on MD.Emu, it's not!
I'm really amazed that this post is here more than 10 years and nobody ever corrected the post about problem of MD.emu with the game.
Its really a shame cause MD.Emu is my favorite Sega Genesis emulator! Years and years i waited for Snatcher to work and nothing.

So the problem with the Emu is that in many long cutscenes it will always stuck with a black screen.
And just so you know many many Sega CD games do not work correctly on MD.Emu.
So the best solution to play the game on Android is to use RetroArch(which i personally don't like) or use ClassicBoy like me.

Even the developer of MD.Emu wrote that Sega CD is Beta

Here are examples of MD.Emu problem and ClassicBoy which work perfectly fine with Snatcher

MD.Emu: Check from 5:47

ClassicBoy: Perfect!
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Darsh

Post by Darsh »

Junker-2045 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm Great find! I have an Xperia mini and the screen is ridiculously small and the on-screen buttons look like they'll clutter my screen. My question is can you change transparency of the on-screen buttons all the way to 0?
Fantastic discovery! Dealing with a compact Xperia Mini? While you can't alter the transparency of on-screen buttons to zero, explore display settings for potential adjustments. Finding the right balance might enhance your screen experience without clutter. Happy tweaking and maximizing your Xperia's potential!Gb whatsapp Download