Someone Has To Make 3D Prints of Snatcher-Related Items

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Someone Has To Make 3D Prints of Snatcher-Related Items

Post by SnatcherMkII »

http://www.shapeways.com/

I was looking up some Legend of Zelda news, and I happened to stumble upon articles like this, and I find that there's no Snatcher 3D prints.

I would so love to have a Blaster replica, but unfortunately I have no idea how to use 3D Modeling programs.

... Just giving someone ideas... :wink:
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: Someone Has To Make 3D Prints of Snatcher-Related Items

Post by el_ash »

SnatcherMkII wrote:http://www.shapeways.com/

I was looking up some Legend of Zelda news, and I happened to stumble upon articles like this, and I find that there's no Snatcher 3D prints.

I would so love to have a Blaster replica, but unfortunately I have no idea how to use 3D Modeling programs.

... Just giving someone ideas... :wink:
I looked into 3D printing a few years ago (pretty sure I mentioned it here somewhere), since I had this same concept seeing as I have made 3D models of Snatcher stuff :mrgreen:
The problem back then was that the companies charged too much money for 3D printing, but over the years it's got a lot cheaper, and there are "home" versions of the printers.

So basically once the price comes down a bit more I still plan to produce Snatcher stuff like you mentioned... :mrgreen:
I think it's still a few thousand bucks for a "home" 3D printer that can produce items the size of a loaf of bread though.
Companies used to want $500-$1000 for a single print though (6-to-12 inch figure), so it's getting better lol!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

>good home 3D printers will be cheaper than $1500 soon
>single print costs 500-1000 bucks

Oh wow.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

Do you mean pre-rendering a print or just printing out a copy, because I saw a couple of prints going for under $20.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

The SIZE of the print, and the MATERIALS used are the most important factors :mrgreen:

When I mentioned the "Price" previously it was what a company would charge you for a single print of an existing 3D model...
My previous research into 3D printing was done about 2-3 years ago (?), and it was still too expensive for "home" users.

So I just a little fresh research, since it's been a while... :mrgreen:

It's still anywhere from $1K-to-4k (thousand) for a "home" 3D Printer (not counting the cost of materials).
So if you can afford to drop a few grand on a machine you could be printing your own models for cheap! lol!

It's also become a LOT cheaper to have a company print your 3D models : http://www.3dtotal.com/services/3dprint ... inting.asp
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

Gotta wait for a year or two until home printers will be cheap enough for the people. But because of all that bru-ha-ha with the Liberator gun I fear that they'll be banned.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand