Problem with shooting sections

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Theemprah

Problem with shooting sections

Post by Theemprah »

Hello, I've been playing Snatcher on the Kega Fusion recently. I encountered the problem with the cut-scenes already, and solved it, thanks to finding the solution on this very forum. However, despite running many searches, I can't find a problem quite like the one I'm having right now. I'm at the shooting section in the air duct just after the hospital sequence. Problem is, for some reason the gun won't fire when pointed at the lower right square on the grid. It's a big problem because since I'm unable to hit any enemies in that square, I keep getting wiped out on this section.

So, is anyone aware of this issue, and aware of how to fix it?
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Re: Problem with shooting sections

Post by AwesomeBrand »

I'm aware that occasionally the game wouldn't register shots at times. solution was to just fire as fast as possible. If you can't fire AT ALL in that square it could be you might be using a keyboard. For some reason, some combinations of keys can't be pressed on some keyboards. try switching from arrows to a WASD or other comfortable configuration and see if that works.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
Theemprah

Re: Problem with shooting sections

Post by Theemprah »

You were quite right, it was a problem with the key combinations. I never knew that was a thing. Unfortunately, I was using WASD first, and that was what I was most comfortable with. I tried shifting that to another set of controls, and then it had a problem with the lower left box. Then I tried another combination, and that worked fine, though I found it too awkward to play properly with. Last one I just shifted slightly to the right of WASD and was both comfortable and function able. Now I'm finally past that shooting sequence. Thank you very much for your help.