I think we are asking in the wrong place

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Dr_Salt
Favorite Game: GODHAND
Kojima games owned: -MGS1-4
-ZoE2

I think we are asking in the wrong place

Post by Dr_Salt »

I come here from time to time in hopes that Kojima or Konami are working on something Snatcher related but I think it is time to face the truth. Kojima is too busy on other projects right now namely Silent Hills to care about Snatcher and he has said in the past that he would like someone else to take care of it. I don' think Konami has any interest in making a Snatcher sequel if Kojima is not involved in it since it will probably not be the million copy seller they want. I think we should be asking other game developers to consider developing a Snatcher sequel or remake and after playing several of TellTale's games I think they might be the perfect fit for it. If any of you have played TWD or The Wolf Among us you know what I am talking about. Snatcher would be a perfect fit for their style of interactive storytelling games. Kojima Productions could possibly offer some support just as they did with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for example.

So what do you guys think? Should we start sending letters to Telltale or other game developers?
Last edited by Dr_Salt on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: I think we are asking in the wrong place

Post by Artemio »

I am fine with the state of Snatcher. Sdatcher wasn't bad, and it probably was made to test the waters.

I prefer they don't touch the ip and end with dlc, and a mediocre game such as it japan's with castlevania.

On a side note, I wouldn't expect Kojima to be involved in Silent Hills deeper than producer or advisor. His hands are full with metal gear right now.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Dr_Salt
-ZoE2

Post by Dr_Salt »

TPP will probably be released sometime next year and after that Kojima will probably shift his attention to Silent Hills. I would rather have Kojima work on a proper sequel to Snatcher but that probably is never going to happen or at least not for a long time. I understand your concern about people fucking up the IP but I honestly think it could work if it was done by someone else and supervised by Kojima.
Jexis Lexington
Favorite Game: Probably Boktai
Kojima games owned: Let's see, I have Boktai 1, Boktai 2, played Boktai 3 translated on an emulator, Lunar Knights, played Snatcher on an emulator, actually fricken' bought the Project Melancholia SD Snatcher translation, and am quite familiar with Metal Gear through Let's Plays.
Xbox Live: JexisAgain

Post by Jexis Lexington »

I think you have a point, but I'm really sincerely hoping that Kojima is released from Konami Metal Gear Hell after MGSV because the story and universe really don't have anywhere else to go after this game. Maybe then he can look at his old IPs. I mean, he still references them from time to time in tweets and stuff, there was that Snatcher Ground Zeroes DLC, and SDatcher did come out only a few years ago, so it's something that's definitely in the back of his mind. If nothing happens after MGSV is out, then yeah, I'd say why not write to other devs, but otherwise I'm still holding out some hope that Metal Gear will finally be run into the ground. Hell, I can see Kojima pulling an Inafune and breaking out on his own because Konami probably will ask for more Metal Gear since $$$$$$$ but there really comes a point where it's just TOO excessive. There's nothing left to tell, really. Unless they decide to go back even further and do something about the Cobra Unit, or make a Revengeance 2, but both those games will be redundant. Now, I love Metal Gear, and if Capcom has taught me anything with Resident Evil I am an AWFUL fan of things and will just take whatever trash is shoveled my way and LOVE it, so I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more Metal Gear, but hopefully if there is more, Kojima will be a supervisor and not really actively involved in it.

Heck, maybe Silent Hills is a transitional thing in his career. Something not-Metal Gear to do but also something that isn't entirely his own IP to be responsible for, which could springboard him back into his own non-Metal Gear IPs. I can dream, can't I? Well, in the meantime, I'll just keep trying to make my fan-sequel to SD Snatcher, LOL

Btw, Dr. Salt, I see you're new here. Wanna join a Junker HQ Skype group?
Dr_Salt
-ZoE2

Post by Dr_Salt »

I totally get you man, as much as I love the MGS series it should have ended with 4. Btw Kojima told Keighley on an interview a couple of months ago that he would support and help anyone that would like to work on a Snatcher sequel as much as he could so what I'm stating is not too far fetched. Skype group sounds fun count me in.
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

I don't really think Snatcher needs a sequel.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
Dr_Salt
-ZoE2

Post by Dr_Salt »

Why not? It ended with a cliffhanger after all. Idk about you but I surely do wanna see a cyberpunk Russia.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I would like a sequel made by a young and intrepid Kojima. Who is excited about the project, and believes his game won't go out of Japan and does references without that fear from the response of an american public. One that is fresh without all that Metal Gear for a couple of decades.

In other words, I don't want a sequel to Snatcher now, either.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jexis Lexington
Favorite Game: Probably Boktai
Kojima games owned: Let's see, I have Boktai 1, Boktai 2, played Boktai 3 translated on an emulator, Lunar Knights, played Snatcher on an emulator, actually fricken' bought the Project Melancholia SD Snatcher translation, and am quite familiar with Metal Gear through Let's Plays.
Xbox Live: JexisAgain

Post by Jexis Lexington »

Oh, I should've left my Skype here--it's JexisAgain.

Hmm, on one hand, I kinda agree with you, Artemio. I'm afraid of what Kojima will do if he actually does revisit his older series. I had a friend play through Snatcher recently and we were discussing sequel prospects and I was talking about what I'd want to see from the characters, but then he reminded me that no, I don't want a sequel, because it's Kojima we're talking about and something stupid and awful will probably happen...

I still want a sequel, though. Give me anything official at this point. Yet at the same time, with my doubts, I did really like SDatcher, and if Kojima worked together with Suda51 or did something similar in theme to SDatcher, I think that'd turn out okay.

ANYWAY GUESS THIS JUST MEANS WE AS FANS HAVE TO RALLY TOGETHER TO MAKE NEW CONTENT. BREAK OUT YOUR FANFICS AND FANART EVERYONE LET'S MAKE A DOUJIN lol
Dr_Salt
-ZoE2

Post by Dr_Salt »

Damn, no wonder this series is dead not even its own fans want a new game. Welp.

I do understand your reasons tho I just think its wasted potential not to revisit this great series.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Something new can be created, why not create new ip?
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Dr_Salt
-ZoE2

Post by Dr_Salt »

You mean Kojima? Man I've been wanting Kojima to work on a new ip since he finished MGS4 but seems like Konami just wants to milk MGS till oblivion and Kojima seems to enjoy making them anyways so I don't think we will get a new ip for a long time.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

But do you really think it is more viable for them to work on a sequel to a game that didn't sell at all instead of a new ip; when they give castlevania and silent Hill to third parties and we end up with dubious "sequels"?

Would you like that?
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]