Secret ending screen?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Secret ending screen?

Post by AwesomeBrand »

So someone brought to my attention Slowbeef's LP of Snatcher. During the ending, after the look of the game's cast at the end of the credits, he gets access to a screen showing the JUNKER logo... (Go to 48:24)

I just tried this. I can't access this screen. I had the game fast forwarded so waiting isn't applicable. Pressed the main face buttons and this did nothing, pressed start and this took me to the Konami logo.
WUT IS THIS SCREEN?!
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Re: Secret ending screen?

Post by TechNoir »

Maybe somehow my message was deleted with time or my memory is acting weird, but I swear I wrote in this thread.
I got the screen on my first playthrough - I was playing on PSP via PicoDrive. Maybe it comes out if you beat the game in a certain way or just in one sitting (thanks to save states).

UPD: Just beat the game again, the screen did appear.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
Mr357
Favorite Game: Snatcher (Sega CD)
Kojima games owned: Snatcher Pilot Disk, Snatcher (PCE), Snatcher (Sega CD), Snatcher (Saturn), Snatcher (PSX), Metal Gear Solid (PSX), Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Re: Secret ending screen?

Post by Mr357 »

TechNoir wrote:Maybe somehow my message was deleted with time or my memory is acting weird, but I swear I wrote in this thread.
You probably did, but earlier this year there was a crash or something that wiped out everything and Artemio's latest backup was from 2015. I registered some time toward the end of that year, so my account was deleted.