Making a 3D model of Mk. II!

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
powderehss
Favorite Game: Policenauts <3
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Making a 3D model of Mk. II!

Post by powderehss »

Whee! My first thread on here! :P

So... I've been studying Blender on and off for the past couple of years; due to my curiosity being piqued from using XNALara and past experience using AutoCAD in high school.
3D's been real fun to learn so far! Still kind of a rookie though.

Mostly I've used Blender up to this point for editing and altering meshes. Since Snatcher's a 2D, pixelly game there wouldn't be any .objs or models out there, so I thought "Hey, why not?" and finally gave a go at making a model~!

Progress photos here:

I started the head a couple of nights ago and I did Metal's body/chassis shape this evening!
It's been frustrating, but still a very fun, interesting and rewarding experience.

I'm gonna probably keep picking at him for a bit more right now and then I'm off to bed.
It feels good to actually be committed to something again! :D
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Making a 3D model of Mk. II!

Post by Artemio »

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I can place it in the news page.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
powderehss
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Post by powderehss »

Wah!
Thank you, Artemio! :D I feel honored!
nickdaring
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by nickdaring »

Can't wait to see this come together!
powderehss

Post by powderehss »

Thank you so much, Nick! :)

As for progress, though, I was sidetracked for the past week and a half with house and dog-sitting for my parents while they went on vacation, so I wasn't able to do anything during then...

This upcoming weekend I'm going to be preoccupied with Anime Boston, so I probably won't be getting back to work on Metal until mid-week... I'll see how it goes.

Anyways! I'm part of an MGS cosplay group there and I'm definitely gonna try recruiting more folks here! See if I can get more Snatcher and Policenauts fans~ [-o<
SegaSky
Kojima games owned: SNATCHER
Policenauts
Metal Gear 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 1-V
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising
Death Stranding
PSN: SegataSkyshiro
Xbox Live: SegaSky

Post by SegaSky »

Awesome work so far!
powderehss wrote:Anyways! I'm part of an MGS cosplay group there and I'm definitely gonna try recruiting more folks here! See if I can get more Snatcher and Policenauts fans~ [-o<
Unfortunately I live in California, but if I ever go there and your group needs an Ishmael... holla at ya boy. ;)
powderehss

Post by powderehss »

Many thanks, Sky!
And I'll keep you in mind! :D

Also apologies for inactivity with this model.
I've been dealing with a death in the family and trying to get my life in order, so I've been pretty busy... and depressed :cry:
Spoiler:
eh. its been tough but thankfully ive been hanging with the folks over the weekend at our camp so that was good. also a refill on my meds too. been tending to my own lavender plant too that i got last month along with coneflowers and some cat grass. in the meantime ive also been drawing too. my aunts have been helping me cope also. baby steps. baby steps
powderehss

Post by powderehss »

And I am back!

Been rounding out the chassis mainly.
Turns out I should have been looking at his profiles from one of the manuals instead of [Kinoshita's...?] sketch.

I also took the liberty of hollowing out his underside a wee bit.
Been also trying my darndest not to make him lumpy, and I've been having to cut some corners here and there.

Overall though this still is pretty fun.
I might even give a go with trying out Gillian or Randam if this project turns out good! :)
SegaSky
Kojima games owned: SNATCHER
Policenauts
Metal Gear 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 1-V
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising
Death Stranding
PSN: SegataSkyshiro
Xbox Live: SegaSky

Post by SegaSky »

Looking good so far!
powderehss

Post by powderehss »

Thank you Sega! :D
Apologies for not working on it for a while ^^;

I felt like I got some details wrong and its really messed up the workflow.
I think I should just go with what I have so far and keep working from there though. No use in overthinking it!