View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Napoleon's last sneeze 

Post Napoleon's last sneeze
Sorry if I'm not the first to ask this (I'm sure I'm not), but can anyone explain Napoleon's sneeze during the last conversation between Gillian and Metal Gear? Why does Metal pretend like he didn't hear it?

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:42 pm
Second Lieutenant

Post Re: Napoleon's last sneeze
Considering that it's not in the PC-Engine version I'm guessing it's just a way to fit another character into the finale. As for why Metal pretends not to hear... I always saw it as Napoleon was who fixed up Metal with a game console body, dropped him off, and tried to slip away, accidentally sneezing in the process and metal covers for him. REALISTICALLY It's probably that they didn't want to draw Napoleon. They already had to design Mika & Katrina for brand new scenes they were added in and redraw Gillian & Jamie. He's not as nice looking :P

You'd probably have to ask someone who worked on the Sega CD version, but they might not even remember.

"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Major

I figured this video was needed here, since we are talking about it
(Thanks to liquidpolicenaut!) :

I agree with you AwesomeBrand...He probably dropped "Metal" off etc...
My guess though is that he's hiding/snuck into the planes cargo hold so that he can join Gillian in Moscow, because well...he would never fit inside of "Metal" lol!

I guess we will never know unless Kojima releases the plot for the full 6 ACTS of Snatcher one day (one can dream), or talks about it.

Random thoughts about this whole scene :

What the heck is going on with Jamie in the ending?

She has that one really off moment when talking about Harry, as if she has PTSD from the whole being kidnapped/finding out her son is dead thing.
Maybe it was just the music, but it felt like an odd mood swing from happy to sad for that moment IMHO.

Also my big question is : Who is the new "head hancho" of JHQ they talk about who is replacing the chief?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm
Second Lieutenant

el_ash wrote:
I figured this video was needed here, since we are talking about it
(Thanks to liquidpolicenaut!) :

I agree with you AwesomeBrand...He probably dropped "Metal" off etc...
My guess though is that he's hiding/snuck into the planes cargo hold so that he can join Gillian in Moscow, because well...he would never fit inside of "Metal" lol!

I guess we will never know unless Kojima releases the plot for the full 6 ACTS of Snatcher one day (one can dream), or talks about it.

Random thoughts about this whole scene :

What the heck is going on with Jamie in the ending?

She has that one really off moment when talking about Harry, as if she has PTSD from the whole being kidnapped/finding out her son is dead thing.
Maybe it was just the music, but it felt like an odd mood swing from happy to sad for that moment IMHO.

Also my big question is : Who is the new "head hancho" of JHQ they talk about who is replacing the chief?

Jamie having a moodswing has to do with how the localization team injected the Sega CD-exclusive portion into the scene. In Japanese (even PS1/Saturn where Kathrine/Mika are there, but voiceless) it goes from Gillian saying they should try living together after he gets back to the hat scene. It doesn't have the happy get-together in between, it's more somber until Metal shows up.

The new head honcho is obviously Kojima. He still had to work his way up before reaching KOJIMA IS GOD status.

"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant

I think it's a reference to SD Snatcher where Randam survives and goes with Gillian to Siberia. Napoleon and Randam share the same VA in the English dub.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile WWW

GirianSeed573 wrote:
Napoleon and Randam share the same VA in the English dub.

After at least 5 times completing Snatcher, I just noticed that Random's VA is credited wrong in the intro.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]