View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Saturn patch is up (11/29/16: 1.0.1 update available) 
General

Post Saturn patch is up (11/29/16: 1.0.1 update available)
Here it is, folks! Everything you need to know is in the readme. Enjoy!

http://policenauts.net/english/patches.html

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Post Re: Saturn patch is up
Awesome work guys. Just played through to the end of the prologue(arriving at Beyond), everything looks great and it's so good to have this version of the game in English. Congratulations!

Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Fantastic news, I'll be playing it tonight! Thank you (the team) for all of your hard work!

Last edited by Mr357 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:00 pm

What a surprise! Wasn't expecting this today!

Will definitely play it this weekend!

Anyone willing to do a US cover and back art? Would love to make up an original sized US case for it :)

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:29 pm
Second Lieutenant

wait...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

(I'll comment again later after I freakin rationalize what just happened and play the patch a bit!)

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 pm

xDerekRx wrote:
Anyone willing to do a US cover and back art? Would love to make up an original sized US case for it :)

Right now that's in our plans. But we might need someone that's capable of cleaning up scans from the manuals and artbooks.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:56 am

IlDucci wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:

Right now that's in our plans. But we might need someone that's capable of cleaning up scans from the manuals and artbooks.

Excellent work ... Thanks for your hard work on this project and on What's Shenmue before

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:45 am
Second Lieutenant

I've played a chunk of the beginning in Mednafen's new Saturn core (With mouse controls).
Wow, I'm amazed this is finally a thing! Its been about 6 years since I last played Policenauts and I'm ecstatic I can now experience it again with this new version!
Thanks again guys!

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:16 am
Second Lieutenant

So I noticed the "biovestites" bit has been changed to just normal transgenders, along with some controversial dialogue removed.
ImageImage
http://policenauts.net/english/search.p ... biovestite
here is what it was in the old patch.
Which one is more accurate to the original dialogue? Was the "so called women", "This city's famous for 'em, unfortunately" and "not stepping foot here" line not in the original Japanese in some form?
Also, there's a star on the text, meaning Transgender is a made up Policeanuts thing, when it's not now.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:38 pm
General

It's transgeneder, with an extra e. It is a term that's unique to the game.

The Saturn version is the accurate translation of the two. The Japanese dialogue is the same. I wasn't experienced at all when I translated the game originally and thought given Jonathan's extreme attitude towards women those would be the natural things for him to say. But it wasn't for me to insert that kind of dialogue.

Being my first translation it was like a kid and his first car - he's all pumped up and raring to go, but he makes a mistake somewhere, and he thinks he knows best.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 pm
Second Lieutenant

Oh, I didn't see the extra e (my mind must of auto corrected it). Thanks for the explanation on the change :)

As a side note, I just got to BBCH and saw this.
Sergeant Riggs.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:28 pm

IlDucci wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:

Fantastic to hear IlDucci. Of course the game itself being translated is far more important but for us collectors to be able to put this on our shelves would be quite amazing :)

Im sure finding someone to do clean scans should be doable.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Noticed a small typo, in Act 2 when you first visit AMM, the Beyond Corner, clicking the diagram of Beyond's position

Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:35 pm
General

Ah damn. Well, it was bound to happen, I guess. :lol: Sorry about that. I did a little bit of adjusting subtitles after the beta testing was over, hence how it slipped by. Please report anything else you encounter. We'll wait a couple weeks to see if there's anything else, then issue an updated patch. For real this time! I've already updated the subtitle files for that line
Spoiler:
(files since there's a separate file for if you skip that object the first time and click on it when you return to AMM - the dialogue has an echo since the museum is empty then).

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:33 pm
Runner

Hey, guys. I just saw this patch on RomHacking.net and decided to pop in and say THANK YOU. You guys are amazing.

Also, today is my birthday so I'll pretend it's a gift and feel special.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:24 pm

Noob question here, hope it's okay to post.

I noticed with Saturn version patch implemented you get a .cue file and not an .iso (whereas with PS1 it's an english-patched iso file). Virtual Clone Drive cannot mount cue extensions. May I ask what safe program you guys use?

Thanks

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:56 am
Site Admin

We never distribute an iso, it is a patch file as well.

[Junker HQ]

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:23 am
Profile WWW

Has anyone else tried this on a PAL Saturn? I've just started it on my UK Saturn and it seems fine other than all the sound effects all play twice. There's no issue with the sound in speech, background music or FMVs but any menu sounds, gun sounds, some music cues ect. are all played twice in a row.

Last edited by FuadRamses on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:33 am

Jyonasan Inguramu wrote:
Noob question here, hope it's okay to post.

I noticed with Saturn version patch implemented you get a .cue file and not an .iso (whereas with PS1 it's an english-patched iso file). Virtual Clone Drive cannot mount cue extensions. May I ask what safe program you guys use?

Thanks

Are you trying to burn it or just mount it? The .iso format can't hold CD audio tracks so the audio track is in a separate .WAV file, the .cue is just an instruction saying to mount/burn both files together. If you follow the instructions you should end up with all 3 files for each disk.

You could use Daemon tools lite to mount it or img burn to burn it, both are fine with cue files.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 am

I'm here to express, with too many years of delay, all my gratitude to all the people involved in both the english versions of Policenauts: THANK YOU ALL!!! :mrgreen:

About the Saturn emulator Yabause for Windows 7 64bit latest stable version, I had some issues regarding the overall game playback (I didn't patched the game yet) like it was warned in the read me file of the english patch: the game doesn't play at normal speed but slowly with missing frames/audio in results so my question is if there's a way to setup Yabause in order to make Policenauts run properly on this specific emulator ?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:54 am
Profile WWW

I was using xdelta 3.1.0 instead of 3.0.11.

Thanks for help.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:06 am

thank you sooo much! Will be playing this with my girlfriend soon with lightgun when I'm at my mothers house, where I still have a crt

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:13 pm
General

FuadRamses wrote:
Has anyone else tried this on a PAL Saturn? I've just started it on my UK Saturn and it seems fine other than all the sound effects all play twice. There's no issue with the sound in speech, background music or FMVs but any menu sounds, gun sounds, some music cues ect. are all played twice in a row.

After looking into this, I can tell you that the original game does the same thing on PAL Saturns, so I'm afraid it's an issue with how the game runs on that particular hardware.

Though one of our testers has confirmed to us that the issues go away if you can set your Saturn to 60Hz via a switch.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:16 pm

I just 'bounced' the bag store hostage, that is a hilarious scene.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:21 am

Had to make an account to say great job guys!

Finished the game on real hardware the other day. The virtua gun was a b****, but good fun all in all.

I did write down a couple of grammatical errors (at least I think they were), but I seem to have misplaced the note..

Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next