Similar Snatcher experiences

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

I don't really see what the problem is with all the games, books etc. not sharing the same plot arc. Shadowrun has a great world with deep background.
otaku84 wrote:All of this is originally based on the RPG board game, which was based on the once popular dungeons and dragons board game, except with futuristic elements.
I tend to get a bit annoyed when people talk about traditional tabletop p&p role-playing games as 'board games'. Shadowrun and D&D can both be played just fine without any kind of board. If you're going to say that Shadorun is 'based' on D&D, you might as well say the same about every RPG in existence. About as accurate as saying that every arcade machine is based on Pong. Shadowrun is rather a cyberpunk setting with fantasy elements, not the other way around.
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

I wasn't comlaining about them not being directly connected. :)

Sorry if it came across like that, I have all 3 console games plus some of the books. The whole cyberunk "Neuromancer" type setting is great reason why I also like Snatcher, it all appeals.

By beng unconnected it allowed me to play the same Universe over from three totally different viewpoints. Chill dude. :wink:

As for the board game comment, Ive never played them, so stand corrected. I dont recal D+D being popular in the UK, most people are into Warhammer. (are they even comparable?).

I take it your a fan of the table top games?
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

otaku84 wrote:I wasn't comlaining about them not being directly connected. :)
That part was directed more towards Kurosai. Sorry for the confusion.
I take it your a fan of the table top games?
Well, they tend to be great fun, and a good way for a geek like me to have some social life :wink: . As for Warhammer, the original version is a strategy game that doesn't focus much on anything but combat. Though there are RPG versions of both the regular Warhammer and 40K.