Whats this? Another Metal Gear and Snatcher reference?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Whats this? Another Metal Gear and Snatcher reference?

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Well, somebody probably already figured this out but:

Elijah Madnar (Old dude from Snatcher) and Petrovich Madnar (Scientist from Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake)??

Sounds like another reference :)
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Re: Whats this? Another Metal Gear and Snatcher reference?

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:Well, somebody probably already figured this out but:

Elijah Madnar (Old dude from Snatcher) and Petrovich Madnar (Scientist from Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake)??

Sounds like another reference :)
What? Haven't you played the game at all?

Elijah Madnar is Dr. Petrovich's son. :p In fact, Petrovich got his surname from Snatcher. Petrovich appears near the end of Snatcher as the old scientist strapped to a life support system that Jaime takes care of. He's the one who designed Randam to hunt the Snatchers.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Oh yeah I forgot about that. :?

Its been so long since I beat the Sega CD version, (the only one in english i have beaten) so I have forgotten some things.
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

As a side note, in MG2:SS Big Bosses prosthetics are from Petrovich Madnar's Snatcher project.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Is anyone else annoyed that they're changing a lot of things in the new cell phone ports of the original Metal Gears?? Certain things like character names (Pettrovich, Holly, and a few other names have been changed), while the facial portraits in the radio screen have been alterred a bit. The portraits are one thing. I never did like Sean Connery's face (although that seems the least changed of the bunch). But changing the names kind of sucks. I liked the names as they were. The new names (sorry, but I can't remember any offhand) are far less memorable. They're fairly silly sounding as well. Screwing up all the obscure little references in previous Kojima works is just the last straw as far as I'm concerned (not to mention the games are for cell phones).
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

ReasonWhyNot wrote:Is anyone else annoyed that they're changing a lot of things in the new cell phone ports of the original Metal Gears?? Certain things like character names (Pettrovich, Holly, and a few other names have been changed), while the facial portraits in the radio screen have been alterred a bit. The portraits are one thing. I never did like Sean Connery's face (although that seems the least changed of the bunch). But changing the names kind of sucks. I liked the names as they were. The new names (sorry, but I can't remember any offhand) are far less memorable. They're fairly silly sounding as well. Screwing up all the obscure little references in previous Kojima works is just the last straw as far as I'm concerned (not to mention the games are for cell phones).
I don't think it's something to make a big deal of. Only two characters actually got their names changed (Natasha and Norden, the latter being one of the more forgettable characters in the series). The rest are merely alternate romanizations of the same names. The addition of Drago to Petrovich's full name barely counts as a name change since they're just formatting the name into the given name/paternal middle-name/surname format of Russian names.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Johnny Undaunted wrote:I don't think it's something to make a big deal of. Only two characters actually got their names changed (Natasha and Norden, the latter being one of the more forgettable characters in the series). The rest are merely alternate romanizations of the same names. The addition of Drago to Petrovich's full name barely counts as a name change since they're just formatting the name into the given name/paternal middle-name/surname format of Russian names.
Really? Didn't know about the formatting. Oh well, I know I complain too much, but I've always believed in artists intentions and all of that creative freedom nonsense that really makes no difference in reality. But things eat me up inside when I think about what could have been. Or what should be.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Why did you change the subject from references to something there is already a topic on? You should have edited your post when you made the new topic, or deleted it completely.