Snatcher Remix!

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Xiu

Snatcher Remix!

Post by Xiu »

Me and my friend are in an outfit called "Liquid Sky" and we make trance, dance, techno and chillout music. We're currently making our second album called Twin Tiger and one of our tunes samples Snatcher among others including Ninja Scroll, so I thought this is probably the best place for people to here it. The tune in question is called LoneStar. You can get it here ---> http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0X78 ... 6M1X94OAU6

Let us know what you think. I just hope it don't suck too much. :)

If you like it you can download our first album (17 tracks) called Double Dragon here ---> http://download.filefront.com/4509519;a ... b118069e13
Xiu

Post by Xiu »

No one care to comment? :)
Randam

Post by Randam »

Holy crap..dude that rocks! I'm gonna get the whole album!
Xiu

Post by Xiu »

Thanks for saying so Randam. You know the funny thing is I put that tune on a UK trance site and they dogged it to hell which hurt a little untill I listened to their tunes which truely were aweful and I'm not just saying that. Here have a look for yourself at what they said about it. Link here ---> http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/show ... did=314968
Also one of the guys who dogged it DJ Balti made a tune who everyone else thought was good and someone gave it 9.5/10. Do me a favour and download his tune and compare it to mine if you've got the time? Here's the link ---> http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/show ... did=315381

I'm glad you liked it though I wanted to do something for the Snatcher and Ninja Scroll fans!

I hope you like the album. I would be very interested in your feedback opinion on the whole album if you care to give it?

Since you liked LoneStar, maybe you'd care to give this tune a try it's called Shadow Stalker and is taken from our second album just like Lonestar and also it has voice movie sample just like lonestar. In my opinion it's just as good as lonestar if not a little better. Here's the link ---> http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DUF ... 6726VFTQS2
Randam

Post by Randam »

I liked the other track too, I think "Lone Star" was a little better. But, of course I like to hear Snatcher samples in some music go fiqure..I was thinking of doing that myself. The only thing I got posted right now was this little Snatcher skit that I submitted to newgrounds a while back, had some Beavis and Butthead lines for humor.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.ph ... &sub=13647
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

liquid sky

Post by el_ash »

killer name for a band man!

the link didn't work, but i'd like to hear your music (i'm also a musician).

do you guys have a myspace or band site?
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Randam

Post by Randam »

I wonder how many musicians we could get together to make a colab of sorts for a disc. That would be too awesome. Whenever I can get some free time I might lay down a few tracks and see what you might think. Any ideas? Some kind of brain-storming?
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

I play Guitar and I'm supposed to be learning Bass, soon. I know a few friends that are musicians, too. None of them have even heard of Snatcher, though, so I think I'd have trouble asking for their help.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

Some friends and I just started a punk band and both I and the bassist are pretty big Snatcher fans. We might be interested in doing something. We're planning on doing a cover of one of the songs from Katamari Damacy too (the "I want to wad you up into my life" song). We sound kind of like The Stooges with a healthy blend of Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, and Black Flag.
badfex

Post by badfex »

Me and a few friends have started an indie/punk fuse in vein of the Libertines and bands like that. We're thinking of doing a cover of a Metal Gear tune and want to add lyrics without making it sound awful.
We had an idea for a name, The Soviets :D
Did you see they stylish kids in the riot as the wombles began to bleed??? Me neither...
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

badfex wrote:We had an idea for a name, The Soviets :D
Our band's name is The Tom Delay. He's a politician from where I live that's extremely controversial and has done some pretty goofy things. If we end up doing everything we say we are we're going to do a lot of cover songs from obscure video games.

By the way, I talked to my bandmates and they said they're down for covering a song off Snatcher.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

SNATCHER REMIX / COVER / INSPIRED BY....CD!!!

Post by el_ash »

The Stooges with a healthy blend of Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, and Black Flag.

Yo, that's the exact shit i'm down with amoung like 200 other bands...from metal, punk, funk, hardcore, industrial, techno, ambient, country, hip-hop, etc.

I'm in like 4 bands and have alot of other projects, I'm a drummer %90 of the time, I also Play keyboards, mix, re-mix, record, edit, produce, etc. so I'm %100 interested in making some form of "Fan" compilation of Snatcher style tunes....I'm on AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Soul Seek, DC++, Azerus etc. so I can do a long-distance project if anyone wants to collaberate? I've been working on Snatcher style stuff for a while, since it's mainly a score of industrial / techno / ambient / horror music, I've always loved the music in the game!

PM me if you have ANY tracks, or maybe want to contribute some tracks to a cd.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
badfex

Post by badfex »

OtakupunkX wrote:
badfex wrote:We had an idea for a name, The Soviets :D
OtakupunkX wrote:
OtakupunkX wrote:Our band's name is The Tom Delay. He's a politician from where I live that's extremely controversial and has done some pretty goofy things.

We have one in our local area called Nick Griffin, A fashist B****RD who wants to kick EVERY minority group out of the UK. Got put on trial and claims he isnt fashist or racist, the nasty man. Could sing a song like Dead kennedys about him...
With a snatcher tune covered into it.
Did you see they stylish kids in the riot as the wombles began to bleed??? Me neither...
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

badfex wrote:Could sing a song like Dead kennedys about him...
With a snatcher tune covered into it.
That would be ridiculously awesome. We were going to do a DK-style song about this crazy (by crazy I mean "criminally insane") assistant principal at the school my bandmates and I attend but I don't know what happened to that exactly.

We've got a MySpace set up by the way, it's at http://www.myspace.com/thetomdelay. We were going to record some stuff this weekend to put up on there but we all ended up being busy for most of the day.
Randam

Post by Randam »

This is sounding good so far, I hope to hear from some of you guys when you have something finished. Im currently working on a couple of tracks as well. It's going to take some time to edit and get everything to how it should sound. Whenever I get my tracks done I'll send over a link. I'll check back sometime to see if anything has come up. Can't wait to hear from you all.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

My band had to go on hiatus (if anybody asks, we're broken up) because a lot of crazy stuff's been going down. A lot of people are very disapointed, myself included. We'll still be interested in working on any Snatcher or Kojima-related compilations that pop up, though. The earliest we'll be able to get music up is May, unless something changes soon.
badfex

Post by badfex »

So far so good, we've banged a few tunes together, one being the metal gear solid theme with really bad drums, crunchy bass and truly brilliant guitar. Call me big-headed but were confident, me doing vocals which is gonna be weird :???:
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

I think we got the problems with the keyboardist dude solved, so once we get through some other stuff that's going on (helping a friend of mine work on his ska band and some other stuff that I can't mention right now) we'll be back in action. I've got lyrics for at least three albums worth of stuff written... I don't think we're going to do all of them.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Yo dudes, do you think we could rehost these again? Been off the white horse. Thanks! You can use megaupload also (which goes slow) but then everytime someone downoads it, it's host life renews on the link for another 30 days.