MSX version good?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

MSX version good?

Post by ratperson665 »

Why would anybody want the MSX version of Snatcher? The graphics are shit, the load times are unbearably long, it ends in act 2 and there aren’t any voices! This version makes the PSX and Saturn versions look like the Sega CD version. Why would anybody want to translate this peace of crap?
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

1) Because it is a port of the original
2) Because some people do appreciate that kind of artwork.
3) Because it contains stuff not found in the later ports.

Also please consider trying to stop insulting the work of other people (a game that is already translated by some members here). It appears you are trying to start flame wars around here regarding versions, consoles, etc. I assure you you won't find that here. Most users around will ignore this type of posts since these contribute nothing. Hence, I am answering you know so you don't feel the need to keep posting when nobody replies.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

A peace of crap?? Well I LIKE that "peace of crap", and appreciate the great job of translation done on it.

With your disrespectful attitude, it's very clear that the eighties were not made for you.
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

How old are you, ratperson? When did you start playing games?
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

After I posted this thread I gave the MSX version of the game a second chance and found that I liked it a lot! While the ending is a bit to dark for my tastes and I find the 16-color palate rather unattractive I still think that this version if the game is very fun to play. And I’m glad you guys are proud of your translation of this excellent game.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

ratperson665 wrote:After I posted this thread I gave the MSX version of the game a second chance and found that I liked it a lot!
Not to stir up more trouble, but I find that very hard to believe.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
MrRudi

Re: MSX version good?

Post by MrRudi »

ratperson665 wrote:Why would anybody want the MSX version of Snatcher? The graphics are shit, the load times are unbearably long, it ends in act 2 and there aren’t any voices! This version makes the PSX and Saturn versions look like the Sega CD version. Why would anybody want to translate this peace of crap?
Also something to take into consideration: the MSX2 system's technology was developed in the time Sony was only known for bulky walkmans, and Sega cared only for blue hedgehogs. ie: ten years before the PSX and Saturn were released. It is not surprising it doesn't look as good as newer versions. It did have amazing music though :) SCC+ rules!