Amazingly rare items found on ebay

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Amazingly rare items found on ebay

Post by violentpig »

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjohnny-raiden

Unfortunately, the prices are just as amazing.

STILL, if someone fell into a big wad of cash they don't know what to do with....

I want the pin set and premium plus psp pack dammit!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Amazingly rare items found on ebay

Post by Artemio »

Talk about overpriced. Hopefully nobody pays such insane amounts for those goods. Sure some are rare, such as the pins, but man is this guy expecting some big cash or some big fool.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I believe that he's a member here...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Wouldn't surprise me. Junkerhq is a must for any Metal Gear fan and obviously he's gotta be one.

I'd like to try and get the signed premium plus pack, but I'm not about to spend a grand on it.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Well, I'm kinda wondering too how much he paid ebay just listing those pricey items... Too much i guess... :shock:

Oh, well, he could be a very rich and wealthy guy in the first place to acquire and sell them altogether... :!:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
Nitroadict
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear I
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Metal Gear Solid IV
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Solid Mobile
PSN: Nitroadict

Post by Nitroadict »

I guarantee if not enough people show interest in buying them at such prices (some of them are justified, but things like the portable ops hoodie being over 100 is comedic, to say the least), he will lower his prices.

As for me, I've more or less resigned my collection to usable items until I can learn Japanese and be able to play the JPN versions of all metal gear games :\.

***Note: I wouldn't be surprised if the fact he's located in France means the American dollar is worth considerably less due to the Euro's recent advantage over the dollar. Hyper-Inflation sucks.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Again, it's quite an amazing collection up for sale...

I think what might've happened is maybe ebay.fr had a cheap listing day, and with the MG collecting scene sizzling hot (where a pair of posters recently closed at $512) maybe he thought what the heck.

I mean, when I saw ebay.ca has cheap listings from July 16-29, I even thought about putting my entire collection up in one auction at a ridiculous price over $10,000.

Would it sell? NO way. I would however get a ton of views on my item page leading to a bunch of hits on my website which could in turn help me out. I mean, I don't profit off the site, but every other day I get people msg'ing about items I'm looking for. I just got the Olive Drab Kubrick from someone that found me there, and someone just gave me a link to a site selling another item I need really cheap...although now that I think about it the fact I consider a $500 PSP "cheap" maybe I should really cool it a bit with all this collecting heh.

In a bizarre turn of events if it did sell it'd be for so much I'd be jumping for joy, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

He doesn't seem to be promoting a site or anything though. Some of those items...the SD pin set...the black edition ultimate sorter...*drool* so many rare items...

*EDIT* I just tried listing my collection but I couldn't put "IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED" as my asking price was totally retarded. I just don't want someone hitting buy-it-now that's just trying to screw with me and I get nailed with like $300 in closing listing fees heh. I know I'd get em back but I'm sure there's a lot of hassle involved. Too much so for me.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

He's reposted many items and the prices have dropped. I'm starting to get tempted, but they need to go down a bit more :) Despite what my collection might indicate, I'm a VERY cheap person.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote:......., I'm a VERY cheap person.
Somehow I find this hard to believe... :grin:
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

CHEAP in this case is just a relative term. =)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

Man he has a lot of cool stuff. Just wish I could afford it haha.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Artemio wrote:CHEAP in this case is just a relative term. =)
Heh exactly. I'm willing to spend alot on something, but not more than it's worth :)
Dick Motorman wrote:Man he has a lot of cool stuff. Just wish I could afford it haha.
Yeah some of the items are truely the rarest of the rare. After the recent price drop things are starting to get close to what I'd pay. Some things anyways. I really want that SD pin set but I've never seen it close higher than $175US so the $300 asking price is harsh. The fossil watch is close to avg close price as well, providing it's new/never worn.

Definately a nice collection, makes me wonder if he has any rarer items he's not even selling.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!