Looking to buy: Making of MGS4 Blu-ray disc

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
Proshon
Kojima games owned: MGS1
MGS2 w/ a DVD of previous footage
MGS2 Substance w/ Document of MGS2
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS3
MGS4

Played...
MGS Integral, Portable Ops

Looking to buy: Making of MGS4 Blu-ray disc

Post by Proshon »

Hello, as the title says I am looking to purchase the blu-ray disc of "The making of MGS4" if anybody is willing to sell theirs?

I couldn't buy the LE cause for some reason the pricing was over £200 :mad: But I figure since this is my first post I will also make include a brief introduction for myself.

Well, as I was playing MGS4, I discovered the Policenauts music, and I couldn't help thinking how awesome the music was, from the arrangement to the execution, it was slick as hell. The 2 Policenauts tracks are actually my favourite peices of music from MGS4, rather than the MGS4 music itself =D> (the jpop tunes weren't bad either).

I see this forum is linked to Policenauts.net so I'm quite excited about that. A good opportunity to get into some of Kojima's old works, I'm honoured. Need to try out Snatcher as well if possible. And for the record I found Policenauts.net from another link in a forum I found through google.

Short version: Mad MGS fan, MGS2 probably my favourite, phenomenal storyline and great, stylish presentation to boot. Love the music from Policenauts, and need to play Kojima's older games some day. Also wanting to purchase the blu-ray of "the making of MGS4" if anybody is looking to sell theirs.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Looking to buy: Making of MGS4 Blu-ray disc

Post by Artemio »

I'd recommend buying the Japanese Special Edition. It is around 75 USD and the BD is region free, plus it has better presentation in my opinion.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you like it around here =)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Proshon
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS3
MGS4

Played...

Post by Proshon »

well id rather not rebuy the game cause i already own it. and i didn't know there was a japanese SE to begin with, I thought it was just the LE? Not to mention I dunno where to order one.

So I just made a topic if anybody wants to sell theirs cause they've seen it enough times or not gonna bother watch it again. It'd be a good opportunity but we'll see.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Proshon wrote:well id rather not rebuy the game cause i already own it. and i didn't know there was a japanese SE to begin with, I thought it was just the LE? Not to mention I dunno where to order one.
That's why I posted a link to it being sold at a store.
Proshon wrote: So I just made a topic if anybody wants to sell theirs cause they've seen it enough times or not gonna bother watch it again. It'd be a good opportunity but we'll see.
Just imagine how much the Blu ray would cost you, it would be leaving the box without collector's value at all, since it would be half empty, and you could argue that the LE box's value is just on the disc, since the presentation is so lacking. That would leave you with a £100 BD disc (the game is just the regular version inside the box, so you could argue the value is even more).

Hence, my suggestion of buying a complete one, with better presentation, for less money. Good luck though.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Proshon
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS3
MGS4

Played...

Post by Proshon »

I checked that link already but it says
This item is not available for shipping to
# European Union
Meaning I can't order it?? And are you saying nobody will sell "the making of" blu-ray for less than £40?
Proshon
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS3
MGS4

Played...

Post by Proshon »

bump
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

I've seen it $40 buy-it-now multiple times on ebay. Most people will ship to the UK no problem if you ask them, as paypal does have confirmed UK addresses I believe (so sellers have protection selling to you)

I want to see it too. I have the JPN and USA limited editions but I'm too neurotic to open them.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Proshon
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS3
MGS4

Played...

Post by Proshon »

Thanks I'll take a look. $40 for the special edition right? Not the LE? (because the LE comes with the OST and action figure so it'll cost a lot more than $40 I imagine)

edit -- okay I searched quite deeply and wasn't able to find any special editions for $40? Do you have any links to sellers who sell these copies?
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I'm thinking of getting the Japanese Special Edition too. Hopefully the prices won't skyrocket soon...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!