Selling Metal Gear Comic Book Collection

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
frakarme
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid

Selling Metal Gear Comic Book Collection

Post by frakarme »

I have a NM collection of the Metal Gear Solid IDW Comics up for auction on ebay. All 1-12 are bagged and boarded. =)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-1- ... dZViewItem
P1020369.JPG
Boaby Kenobi

Re: Selling Metal Gear Comic Book Collection

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

Would you ship to the UK? Scotland to be specific.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

lmfao, its best you check on ebay... this guy probably just joined to advertise his link.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Wow so many of the people here are from Europe. It seems like I'm the only Canadian Metal Gear collector heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Yeah, funny I see that post here. I was watching his auction not because I want to buy it but to see how much the whole collection must be worth now... I also have the whole series, including the Two Volume Book, AND, the FULL Book...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

lance wrote:Yeah, funny I see that post here. I was watching his auction not because I want to buy it but to see how much the whole collection must be worth now... I also have the whole series, including the Two Volume Book, AND, the FULL Book...
Do you have the variants as well?

I think there's 4 different covers for issue 1. The only one I actually own is a variant from some retailer summit. I think there's 2 covers for issue #0 as well, although that might be for the MGS2 comic. I think they're all still fairly inexpensive though, under $10 each unless CGC graded.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:Wow so many of the people here are from Europe. It seems like I'm the only Canadian Metal Gear collector heh.
im canadian too...
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

you are EH? ok I'll try not to snipe you again heh

Us Canucks gotta stick together 8)
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote:
lance wrote:Yeah, funny I see that post here. I was watching his auction not because I want to buy it but to see how much the whole collection must be worth now... I also have the whole series, including the Two Volume Book, AND, the FULL Book...
Do you have the variants as well?

I think there's 4 different covers for issue 1. The only one I actually own is a variant from some retailer summit. I think there's 2 covers for issue #0 as well, although that might be for the MGS2 comic. I think they're all still fairly inexpensive though, under $10 each unless CGC graded.
Nope, I don't have the variants but I do believe that there are 4 or 5 of them. Yeah, pretty cheap unless graded...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

It sucks buying comics trying to complete a collection because shipping adds up so much when you have to buy them individually.

In canada it's very common for me to have to pay 17.60 for 1 comic boxed via priority mail.

That's why lots like this one are pretty awesome heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:It sucks buying comics trying to complete a collection because shipping adds up so much when you have to buy them individually.

In canada it's very common for me to have to pay 17.60 for 1 comic boxed via priority mail.

That's why lots like this one are pretty awesome heh.
+1 to this.

I hate it also when people try to reap as much as they can by ripping us Canadians off with crazy high shipping =P
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I was able to complete this one and the Sons of Liberty series thru a local comic shop. And those variants was never to be seen. I gotta agree with you regarding getting them individually and live up with the ship cost... I hope that those variants come up in a lot and with one cheap shipping... Wishful thinking. :mrgreen:
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

TSi wrote: I hate it also when people try to reap as much as they can by ripping us Canadians off with crazy high shipping =P
Yeah I know. So many times have I been charged triple or quadruple or even more. I always get money back though. How?

It's against ebay policy to gouge shipping charges as they don't collect fees on it (so an item will sell lower usually to compensate for shipping cost), so I mention that to the seller when I politely ask for a partial refund.

Sellers are usually pretty firm on shipping priority mail which really sucks for cdn buyers as it costs usully more than double. Priority is trackable so they're covered by seller protection. Sending first class you're basically going on the honor system.
lance wrote:I was able to complete this one and the Sons of Liberty series thru a local comic shop. And those variants was never to be seen. I gotta agree with you regarding getting them individually and live up with the ship cost... I hope that those variants come up in a lot and with one cheap shipping... Wishful thinking. :mrgreen:
You never know. They might not be in a lot, but the seller might have em. If you ever find one for sale, ask the seller if he has the others. Trust me I collect alot of comics and have found alot more I need that way. If they do they can set up more auctions and combine shipping.

Lance you should join us in the Kojima collector forum on here. If I remember correct you're a fellow collector. I remember your thread with your stuff kept freezing my web browser heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
frakarme
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid

Post by frakarme »

Yeah I know. So many times have I been charged triple or quadruple or even more. I always get money back though. How?

It's against ebay policy to gouge shipping charges as they don't collect fees on it (so an item will sell lower usually to compensate for shipping cost), so I mention that to the seller when I politely ask for a partial refund.

Sellers are usually pretty firm on shipping priority mail which really sucks for cdn buyers as it costs usully more than double. Priority is trackable so they're covered by seller protection. Sending first class you're basically going on the honor system.

Not always true!! I've shipped to Canadian buyers before via First Class and used tracking.... the only reason you can't ship First Class is if the item weighs over 13 oz. Thats when the USPS rips us off and allows only International Priority.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Hey - big thanks for that tip man I'll try and get the seller to do that next time!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote: Lance you should join us in the Kojima collector forum on here. If I remember correct you're a fellow collector. I remember your thread with your stuff kept freezing my web browser heh.
Yeah, I do have a "modest" collection but mainly MGS not Kojima stuff. I'm not into Policenauts or Snatcher, but hopefully soon I can get my hands to it... So how do I exactly join that club? If that's an invitation, then I'm honored...
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

lance wrote:
violentsnake wrote: Lance you should join us in the Kojima collector forum on here. If I remember correct you're a fellow collector. I remember your thread with your stuff kept freezing my web browser heh.
Yeah, I do have a "modest" collection but mainly MGS not Kojima stuff. I'm not into Policenauts or Snatcher, but hopefully soon I can get my hands to it... So how do I exactly join that club? If that's an invitation, then I'm honored...
It's just a section on the forum! Lots of people are there.

It's so damn busy now I can barely keep up heh.

viewforum.php?f=28
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!