I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Re: I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Well all I have to say is yall better jump on fast before everything is gone.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:Well all I have to say is yall better jump on fast before everything is gone.
The key to collecting is patience. I believe I've bought almost everything I have less than what it's worth because I waited.

Not saying his prices are high, some are and some definately aren't, it's just I know if I miss out on something I will for sure see it again.

Although even after the big poster purchase I am again considering that premium+ pack dammit....
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

violentsnake wrote:
Screaming Mantis wrote:Well all I have to say is yall better jump on fast before everything is gone.
The key to collecting is patience. I believe I've bought almost everything I have less than what it's worth because I waited.

Not saying his prices are high, some are and some definately aren't, it's just I know if I miss out on something I will for sure see it again.

Although even after the big poster purchase I am again considering that premium+ pack dammit....
I'm mainly referring to the MGS Intregal Version you were talking about earlier. So they better jump on that before it's gone, or already gone.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Also Matt, can you update your list so we know what is gone and what you still have? Because I already know of a few things that are gone. Thanks.

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Oh yeah Integral.

That one's a gem man. Whoever gets it is a lucky person. I'd dare to even say it's as rare as the sealed shareholder games, maybe even more.

I've only seen it sold twice. I won one, mattbellamy the other. We got em from the same yjpn seller.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

Post by mattbellamy »

I'm so sorry I'm taking so long to answer all the pm's and take pics, I have a lot to do, however I'm very quick when it comes to shipping items ;)

Here is the updated list, all the items interest different people, however the red ones are either sold or reserved. There are some options on the kerotan and ga-ko coin bank, and the camo bandana, so I didn't put any reserve yet because several people are interested. I got to say those three are my favourite items along with the MGS integrals sealed with stickers (which is now reserved), so I won't be too sad if it doesn't sell, I'll probably keep them as a souvenir as they're so rare. However everything that doesn't sell here (which is unlikely but you never know) will go on ebay. I'll also add more items when I have time, basically there are promos of MGS4, MGS3 subsistence, MGS3, many variant games with sleeves, the MGS4 italian can, some press kits (including the rare E3 mgs3 press kit and the twin snake press kit with the Metal gear rex paperkrafts), a very rare artbook with a wicked MGS3 drawing, and some other stuff I don't remember ^^

-MGO Konamistyle Limited Pack with SIGNED PSP. The box was limited to 2500 pieces but only 18 boxes with the signed psp's were given to MGO league winners. The box is spotless, the badges are still sealed inside the box, comes with the certificate, the game, the psp camouflage, everything! Price: 650$

-KUBRICK Olive Snake Drab medicom SEALED in box: $320

-MGS VR missions PROMO UK SEALED pack with Snake figure: $280 RESERVED

-Metal Gear solid 2 Shareholder Edition SEALED in original konami enveloppe with certificate: $475 RESERVED

-Metal Gear Solid 3 Shareholder Edition SEALED in original konami enveloppe with promo ad and certificate: $300 SOLD

-Metal Gear Solid 2 Premium Pack SEALED: $200

-MGS Promo Japanese Pin's Set : $260

-MGS INTEGRALS Japanese 1st edition SEALED with all stickers: $300 RESERVED

-MGS3 Japan only promo Camo BANDANA SEALED: $220

-MGS Telephone Card Promotional MERYL SEALED: $120

-MGS Telephone Card Promotional Set Ninja&Snake: $180

-Metal Gear Solid 4 FRENCH Press kit with everything: T-shirt, MGS4 Strap, L'écran fantastique ad, PRESS KIT in french with lots of artworks, and the awesome big Tin Box(in perfect condition, no denting): $350

-MGS2 UK only TIN box (in perfect condition, no denting, contrary to most you see on ebay) with SEALED MGS2 Uk game + SEALED Card set: $250 RESERVED

-Metal Gear RAY Figure complete and in great shape + my custom Metal Gear REX paperkraft: $100

-MGS2 Impossible to find RAIDEN KUBRICK Sealed with UNBROKEN Sword + pristine box: $300

-Promotional GA-KO coin bank sealed in box: $100

-Konamistyle MGS3 promo GA-KO coin bank with box in perfect condition: $120

-Konamistyle MGS3 promo KEROTAN coin bank with box in perfect condition: $120

- ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with plastic on it, optical card, and konamistyle big white box and MGS2 Trailer: $500

-ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with disc, display discs + MGS2 game with promo Gackt sleeve + MGS2 The document + MGS2 substance (all japanese games): $400

-ULTIMATE BLACK SORTER with disc and display discs: $400
Jack Stern
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
PSN: JackStern

Post by Jack Stern »

-MGO Konamistyle Limited Pack with SIGNED PSP. The box was limited to 2500 pieces but only 18 boxes with the signed psp's were given to MGO league winners. The box is spotless, the badges are still sealed inside the box, comes with the certificate, the game, the psp camouflage, everything! Price: 650$
Can I ask for photos on this particular item?
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Hi, yes I'm gonna take pics tonight, I still need to take pics of this konamistyle MPO pack and the SEALED MGS2 premium pack.

Promotional Ga-KO Coin Bank ($100), and MGS3 Konamistyle exclusives Ga-ko and Kerotan Coin banks ($120 each):

MGS3 SEALED Promotional Japan only Special Bandana Camo $220

MGS3 SEALED Promotional Olive drab kubrick $320

MGS4 French press kit including MGS4 promo game $350

MGS2 Ultimate White Sorter, FULL with all games $400

MGS2 Ultimate White Sorter with plastic on it in big white Konamistyle box + Optical Card + MGS2 trailer $500

MGS2 Ultimate Black Sorter (also comes with the plain white custom disc that aren't shown on the pic) $400

MGS Promotional Music CD Soundtrack SEALED with bonus guide $60

MGS2 Promotional Ration box $100

MGS2 Raiden Kubrick SEALED with UNBROKEN SWORD $300

MGS promotional Gold Famitsu Card + MGS promotional winter Meryl Card $ 300 for both

MGS FOXHOUND Promotional Watch $175

Metal gear RAY Macfarlane complete + Metal Gear REX paperkraft (made by myself) $100 for both

MGS Uk Promo Memory Card $55

MGS3 Promotional Pre-order Extreme box Bonus PHONE STRAP $45

MGS3 UK with exclusive HMV Sleeve + MGS2 with promo Gackt Sleeve $60 for both

MGS: PO Promotional Full Game $70

MGS2 Promotional Full game in TIN box $80

Various items I'm going to sell next, they range from rare to extremely rare (for the MGS twin snakes demo dvd for example), you can pm me if you're interested and want specific pics:
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Press kits for sale, in perfect condition, they both come with MG Rex paperkrafts:

E3 MGS3 Press kit $100

E3 Twin Snakes Press kit $80

MPO Konamistyle Limited Premium Pack with limited camo signed PSP $650

Sorry I couldn't take a better pic but I just have so much to do, the box and everything inside are in PERFECT condition, no dent, nothing, it's spotless, badges still sealed, etc.

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Wow good price on the watch!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I need to sell my car!!!! I want them so badly!!!!

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
Ninjax008
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: ninjax008

Post by Ninjax008 »

Matt i've sent you a pm for some items, i am gonna be soooo broke this month :o
*sigh* i wish i could win the lottery :mrgreen:
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

lance wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Patience is the key to collecting. In the last 30 days I've seen:

5 sealed gold premium packs
3 sealed psp premium+ packs, 2 open ones
3 white sorters
2 black storters

So I mean, things will always pop up again. I'm pretty much out of the game for the next few months buying but trust me, I won't be broken up over it. If I miss out on something I'll see it again in a few months. Even the rarest of the rare.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote:
lance wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!!!

:cry: :cry:
Patience is the key to collecting. In the last 30 days I've seen:

5 sealed gold premium packs
3 sealed psp premium+ packs, 2 open ones
3 white sorters
2 black storters

So I mean, things will always pop up again. I'm pretty much out of the game for the next few months buying but trust me, I won't be broken up over it. If I miss out on something I'll see it again in a few months. Even the rarest of the rare.

THanks so much for the encouraging words vs... but....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! still............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

violentsnake wrote:If I miss out on something I'll see it again in a few months. Even the rarest of the rare.

Hmmm I'm not sure, that's true for a lot of items and that's also true because we're still in a mgs hype phase. I've seen a lot of rare items -and I'm not only talking about mgs here- that you saw once in a while on ebay and that stopped appearing again. It's all a matter of who possesses the items, and for some, the level of rarity is so huge that people will keep the object or forget about it and it won't appear again, or much more rarely and for a much much bigger price. That's the way I see things.

Anyway, I have reserved and sold some items, I will update my list soon, stay tuned :)
illusion
Runner
Favorite Game: metal gear promo ))))
PSN: illusionmgs

Post by illusion »

reserved!!!!!!

MGS VR missions PROMO UK SEALED pack with Snake figure: $280
MGS Promo Japanese Pin's Set : $260
Metal Gear Solid 4 FRENCH Press kit with everything: T-shirt, MGS4 Strap, L'écran fantastique ad, PRESS KIT in french with lots of artworks, and the awesome big Tin Box(in perfect condition, no denting): $350
MGS2 UK only TIN box (in perfect condition, no denting, contrary to most you see on ebay) with SEALED MGS2 Uk game + SEALED Card set: $250
ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with plastic on it, optical card, and konamistyle big white box and MGS2 Trailer: $500

-ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with disc, display discs + MGS2 game with promo Gackt sleeve + MGS2 The document + MGS2 substance (all japanese games): $400

-ULTIMATE BLACK SORTER with disc and display discs: $400
MGS Promotional Music CD Soundtrack SEALED with bonus guide $60
MGS FOXHOUND Promotional Watch $175
MGS Uk Promo Memory Card $55
MGS: PO Promotional Full Game $70
MGS2 Promotional Full game in TIN box $80
E3 Twin Snakes Press kit $80
E3 MGS3 Press kit $100

and

mgs twin snake promotion dvd
mgs 1 promo with case (pilot)

http://i34.tinypic.com/345234n.jpg
current ebay feedback is . . . 140Image
youtube illusionmgs (ninja extreme video)
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Wow, are you getting all of that? I'm sure a lot is reserved already.

illusion
Runner
Favorite Game: metal gear promo ))))
PSN: illusionmgs

Post by illusion »

buy what is left
current ebay feedback is . . . 140Image
youtube illusionmgs (ninja extreme video)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

interesting...
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

LOL I should post all my stuff up just to see if he wants to reserve all of mine too heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

violentsnake wrote:So I mean, things will always pop up again. I'm pretty much out of the game for the next few months buying but trust me, I won't be broken up over it. If I miss out on something I'll see it again in a few months. Even the rarest of the rare.
this is overall true. don't get upset that you missed something, because it'll always show up some other time.

for example, i play and collect arcade games. some of the boards are very rare, but the community is relatively small that plays and collects these games. in japan there are still arcades, but in the rest of the world it's a dying venue due to the home console (SNNNAAAKKKEE!) anyways, there's no doubt that eventually someone is going to sell something i want, and i also sell games when i get bored knowing that probably in months i'll buy it back from someone else. it's the way of the scene.

collecting works the same way. in this case we have one person liquidating a collection, with hopefully the majority of the collecting dispersing amongst known collectors. it's a good thing since the scene stays alive and true, and the need to sell the items is met by the collector leaving actively being part of that scene.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:
violentsnake wrote:So I mean, things will always pop up again. I'm pretty much out of the game for the next few months buying but trust me, I won't be broken up over it. If I miss out on something I'll see it again in a few months. Even the rarest of the rare.
this is overall true. don't get upset that you missed something, because it'll always show up some other time.

for example, i play and collect arcade games. some of the boards are very rare, but the community is relatively small that plays and collects these games. in japan there are still arcades, but in the rest of the world it's a dying venue due to the home console (SNNNAAAKKKEE!) anyways, there's no doubt that eventually someone is going to sell something i want, and i also sell games when i get bored knowing that probably in months i'll buy it back from someone else. it's the way of the scene.

collecting works the same way. in this case we have one person liquidating a collection, with hopefully the majority of the collecting dispersing amongst known collectors. it's a good thing since the scene stays alive and true, and the need to sell the items is met by the collector leaving actively being part of that scene.
Now that I have a bigger place (pending inspections) I'd love to get a jpn 6-slot neo geo machine....oh man that'd be sweet
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

violentsnake wrote:
bay wrote:

Now that I have a bigger place (pending inspections) I'd love to get a jpn 6-slot neo geo machine....oh man that'd be sweet
i've got one sit down cabinet (sega astro city), used to have 2 but i sold one to a friend so he could be addicted to games as well :p

the neo geo candy cabs are pretty cool, but neo geo games are pretty much the same game (all those fighters), anyway i have plenty of KOFs FFs and Metal Slugs :p but i no longer keep my cabinet horizontal since i play mainly vertical japanese shooters (shmups) that never make it over to the states.
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

anyway to get back on track.

matt,

please make sure to take pictures of everything you have before you sell/send it off. i want to make sure we have pictures for the website/database of metal gear merchandise.

thanks,
-b
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

bay wrote:anyway to get back on track.

matt,

please make sure to take pictures of everything you have before you sell/send it off. i want to make sure we have pictures for the website/database of metal gear merchandise.

thanks,
-b
completely agree with bay, this will do us good for the wiki =D thanks a lot
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site