I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Re: I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

Post by bay »

Lady Serpente wrote:meryl.s
yah, my interactions with her have been quite pleasant. nice handwriting if i recall as well :)
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Lady Serpente wrote: LOL! it's also imbarassing for me, i don't hide i'd love to chit-chatting with some girl about MGS collectibles and often i feel a bit 'excluded' from you guys' conversations cause i'm a girl. Please do as illusion already does and consider me a dude :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Side note, I know another girl collecting MGS stuff, i'm quite sure you know her too (or at least you've seen her auctions on Ebay), meryl.s :P we talked few times and she's really a nice person.
AND last but not last.... i got boyfriend! ;)

p.s. sincerely I was believing mic was a girl too cause of her/his avatar and signature O.O /hides
My wife likes to joke that she's a huge Metal Gear collector.

That's just because she makes significantly more money than I do so technically she's paid for about 60% of my collection :mrgreen:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

Lady Serpente wrote:LOL! it's also imbarassing for me, i don't hide i'd love to chit-chatting with some girl about MGS collectibles and often i feel a bit 'excluded' from you guys' conversations cause i'm a girl. Please do as illusion already does and consider me a dude

Side note, I know another girl collecting MGS stuff, i'm quite sure you know her too (or at least you've seen her auctions on Ebay), meryl.s :P we talked few times and she's really a nice person.
AND last but not last.... i got boyfriend!

p.s. sincerely I was believing mic was a girl too cause of her/his avatar and signature O.O /hides
:) Lol don't be embarrassed, I knew it would cause you to reply! That's why I wrote it, lol, I'm evil like that. I think it's quality that we have a lady on the board, it makes us blokes look less sad in a way cos it's always makes us lool cool when a girl has an interest in something that is usually considered geeky!

So wow, two ladies into MGS! That's cool, invite her along if you like, the more the merrier innit! :)

P.S. I have a G/F, so no worries there! ;) Just wanted to add a little comic relief to the forums!

P.P.S. Don't feel out of it with us guys, we're not that scary surely! :evil: :wink:

P.P.P.S. Lady, I'm loving your website, lucky I spotted it, because images don't appear in work so I couldn't see your banner. When I get home I'll be posting links to your site via mine. I love the design, it's very nice indeed! I'm gonna check out your pics when I get home! :)
Lance wrote:How about we do a COLLECTOR's Profile here at JUNKERHQ?
I like the idea Lance, how do we go about it?
violentsnake wrote:My wife likes to joke that she's a huge Metal Gear collector.

That's just because she makes significantly more money than I do so technically she's paid for about 60% of my collection :mrgreen:
Lol! I wish my missus would purchase more MGS stuff for me! To be fair though, it would be hard for her to find stuff I want, I think she's gonna buy her first MGS item for Christmas for me, the MGS2 Graphic Novel! Yey! Quality!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Lance wrote:How about we do a COLLECTOR's Profile here at JUNKERHQ?
jonthomas wrote:I like the idea Lance, how do we go about it?

It's quite simple actually... Let's say I'm the modarator of the site and I want to feature ARTEMIO URBINA or Violent Snake (sorry, don't know your real name), then, thru a designated/dedicated COLLECTOR PROFILE segment/portion of the message board, it will be featured there...

There will be pictures of the person, his/her collection or other influences. Questions are formulated as to what he/she does, when he/she started collecting, what other things he/she is collecting and other interesting points that we want to discuss about the subject that is worth knowing. You know, things like that...

And this is quite important to some people, he/she will get to refer people if they have their own sites (if permitted here), links showing further what they've got under their sleeves...

If there are members here that are good with "interviewing people" and profiling, then, the job is up to them... But of course, all must be done with permission of everyone involved, coz it's basically "ABOUT SOMEONE"...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

violentsnake wrote:
Lady Serpente wrote: LOL! it's also imbarassing for me, i don't hide i'd love to chit-chatting with some girl about MGS collectibles and often i feel a bit 'excluded' from you guys' conversations cause i'm a girl. Please do as illusion already does and consider me a dude :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AND last but not last.... i got boyfriend! ;)

My wife likes to joke that she's a huge Metal Gear collector.

LOL! so that was your great money plannin technique you were talkn' about a few weeks ago! hahhaha

i wish i was pretty enough to snatch a rich azn chick .

oh to dream
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

Post by mattbellamy »

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

My Paypal account is back in its best shape! Which means from now on, I can accept unlimited payment!!! YAY :mrgreen: I'm going to sell mp to you, I'm sorry it took so long but now I'm ready to accept any ammount, and ship the next day. :)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

and there was much rejoicing :)
Ninjax008
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: ninjax008

Post by Ninjax008 »

I have recieved the Memory Card & Soundtrack, i just wanted to say a big thanks to Mattbellamy for a brilliant service. He made sure they were excellently packed to prevent careless post services from damaging them & they were shipped superfast. So +1 recommendation to MB, thanx man :mrgreen:
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Normally this is going to be reserved soon but I'm adding pics anyway just in case.

It's the limited konamistyle premium pack of Metal gear solid Portable Ops I'm putting for sale, and it's a super low number, 10 out of 2500, probably because there were only 18 signed pack for the mgo league winners and there were probably the first packs made, and this is one of the first 18 as there is the signed psp ;)
The price is $650.

whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

Holy shit that's alot nicer than the other pics i saw. I might actually have to sell my newer psp for one like that. Shits intense
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

mattbellamy wrote:Normally this is going to be reserved soon but I'm adding pics anyway just in case.
It's alright :P cause of some issues (i'm not going to explain here) i prefer to withdraw my reservation.

Anyway, if someone may be interested i'm selling the MGS shareholder package.

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Alright so this Konamistyle Premium package with signed psp limited to only 18 in the world (this is number 10) is for sale again :wink:
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

Lady Serpente wrote:
mattbellamy wrote:Normally this is going to be reserved soon but I'm adding pics anyway just in case.
It's alright :P cause of some issues (i'm not going to explain here) i prefer to withdraw my reservation.

Anyway, if someone may be interested i'm selling the MGS shareholder package.
woo, id be interested =P but then im sure u dont want to take a hit on a loss.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Okay guys, new big update, Illusion has bought a lot of items, and a big thanks to this member because he is a very nice person and a man of his word, I really appreciate it. I would also like to say right away to Ninjax008, I'm sorry man but about the MGS3 HMV sleeve, I had reserved it as well for illusion, I'm very sorry I forgot it as I have a lot to reserve for members and a lot of items to sell, but your other items are definitely reserved ;)

I'm going to put all the things I hadn't put for sale this week. Also, this is the last week I'm putting on sale the limited camo MGS3 bandana, if it doesn't sell this week I will keep it for me as it's one of my fav items.

About the Golden Shareholder Pack I had sold to Lady Serpente, I want to say it here because it's very important to me that people send me feedbacks, and apparently the seal was not original on the item I sold her. I hadn't noticed it but there is a very specific seal when it comes to japanese premium packs, and the MGS2 premium pack sealed I still have has this special seal. I had bought this golden shareholder pack on yahoo japan, and it was supposed to be seal but apparently the seller lied in his auction. But worse than this, the stickers were missing in the box (I couldn't know it as I had never removed the seal). So I'm very sorry about this story and hope that you'll be able to sell this package (which nonetheless is in excellent condition) for at least the price it left on ebay (in my opinion the price was really not high on ebay, plus the ebay and paypal fees, in the end I really lost on this item). Anyway, I'm very very sorry Lady Serpente and I'll make it back to you the best I can.

Here is now the updated list of the items I have for sale:

AVAILABLE Items:

Metal gear solid Portable Ops Konamistyle Limited PSP Premium Pack with Signature (only 18 in the world): $650

MGS2 Raiden Kubrick SEALED with UNBROKEN SWORD $300

MGS promotional Gold Famitsu Card + MGS promotional winter Meryl Card $ 300 for both

MGS2 Promotional Ration box $100

MGS3 SEALED Promotional Japan only Special Bandana Camo $220

MGS3 SEALED Promotional Olive drab kubrick $320

Metal gear RAY Macfarlane complete + Metal Gear REX paperkraft (made by myself) $100 for both

MGS3 Promotional Pre-order Extreme box Bonus PHONE STRAP $45

RESERVED Items:

MGS2 Promotional Full game in TIN box $80 RESERVED for Ninjax

MGS3 Konamistyle exclusives Ga-ko and Kerotan Coin banks ($120 each) RESERVED for JonthomasImage

MGS4 French press kit including MGS4 promo game $350 RESERVED for Bay

MGS2 Ultimate White Sorter with plastic on it in big white Konamistyle box + Optical Card + MGS2 trailer $500 RESERVED for Bay

MGS2 Ultimate Black Sorter (also comes with the plain white custom disc that aren't shown on the pic) $400 RESERVED for Bay

SOLD Items:

MGS FOXHOUND Promotional Watch $175 (SOLD for Illusion)

ImageSOLD TO ILLUSION

MGS3 UK with exclusive HMV Sleeve $35 SOLD TO ILLUSION

MGS2 Ultimate White Sorter, FULL with all games $400 SOLD to Illusion

MGS: PO Promotional Full Game $70 SOLD to Illusion

MGS Promotional Music CD Soundtrack SEALED with bonus guide

MGS Uk Promo Memory Card

OK Concerning, these items, all are available, except the Twin Snakes (SOLD to Illusion), the 2 volumes of MGS3 dvd (SOLD to Illusion), the MGS1 pilot disc (SOLD to Illusion), the 2 MGS2 Soundtracks (SOLD to illusion) and the VR mission Demo CD (RESERVED for Ninjax), and the MGS3 two soundtracks(RESERVED for Jonthomas)

Each Demo DVD is $50, the MGS Badge pins Set is $260 (RESERVED for Violentsnake), the Telephone Card set is $150 (RESERVED For Violentsnake) and MGS2 Sealed premium pack $200 (RESERVED for Violentsnake)
illusion
Runner
Favorite Game: metal gear promo ))))
PSN: illusionmgs

Post by illusion »

MGS2 Promotional Full game in TIN box $80
MGS Promotional Music CD Soundtrack SEALED with bonus guide
the VR mission Demo CD
MGS Uk Promo Memory Card

i pay (buy) today !!!!sell them to me !!
current ebay feedback is . . . 140Image
youtube illusionmgs (ninja extreme video)
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Matt, cheers for the reservations mate. I thought you'd sold the MGS Demo soundtrack to Ninjax?

If it's not already reserved I'd like to reserve it if at all possible mate.
illusion
Runner

Post by illusion »

i first !!! i reserved. is possible
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Hi Jonathan, concerning the sealed demo sountrack, it's already in Ninjax's home :mrgreen: That's why it's in the "sold" section ;) I still have some items I haven't put for sale at all though so I'll update the list this week. Also, please tell me once you have receive you MGS integrals with stickers ;)

Illusion, concerning the list:

MGS2 Promotional Full game in TIN box $80: This item is reserved for Ninjax008

MGS Promotional Music CD Soundtrack SEALED with bonus guide: This item is sold and it is in Ninjax's home.

the VR mission Demo CD: This item is reserved for NInjax008

MGS Uk Promo Memory Card : this item is in Ninjax's home.

Lol that's a lot of NInjax for now ;)

Have a good evening everyone!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

i buy all, get items back and buy to me! $10000

where's the dead horse, cause i have this stick and...

and illusion, it's all meant in good fun. :lol:
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

mattbellamy wrote:Hi Jonathan, concerning the sealed demo sountrack, it's already in Ninjax's home :mrgreen: That's why it's in the "sold" section ;) I still have some items I haven't put for sale at all though so I'll update the list this week. Also, please tell me once you have receive you MGS integrals with stickers ;)
I must have missed that little nugget of information, cheers for clearing that up matt, I was a little confused!

On the integrals front, I'm hoping it's there waiting for me when i get home! I'll be sure to let you know asap!
illusion
Runner

Post by illusion »

bay wrote:i buy all, get items back and buy to me! $10000

where's the dead horse, cause i have this stick and...

and illusion, it's all meant in good fun. :lol:

what the hell? :mrgreen:
Sevket
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-U)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Platinum (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (NTSC)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Collector's Edition (NTSC-U)
Metal Gear Solid: Bandee Desinee DVD
PSN: Sevket
Xbox Live: SevketErhat

Post by Sevket »

mattbellamy wrote:Here is now the updated list of the items I have for sale:
Each Demo DVD is $50
How many demo DVDs do you have ? Can you tell me which ones? I am interested. PM me about it please
If you want to sell your MGS Promo Discs or Demos please contact me

My Metal Gear Collection
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... ?start=all
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

i received my items from matt, and despite the packing to be less than desired (filler packing non existant allowing shuffle during transit) the items are in good shape and as indicated. i'm sure matt learned his lesson when i gave him a virtual lashing for his packing faux paus and won't do it again when a cheap newspaper can remedy the situation.

all around good guy to deal with, so a +3 (1 for each item) to matt in the feedback dept.
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Yep I used a very big box to send rather "small" but heavy items (the mgs4 press kit and the two ultimate sorters), and of course wrapped them with lots of bubble, and put a ton of gaffer to make sure no one would open the box, but like a dumb retard I forgot to fill the box with newspaper. This will never happen again, I still lack a bit of experience when it comes to such big boxes, but next time will be 10 out of 10, and as usual, you'll receive the items in pristine shape, this is my devise hehe :)
illusion
Runner

Post by illusion »

all items in my home .big thanks :)