eBay certainly has its merits.

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Gaff

eBay certainly has its merits.

Post by Gaff »

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this but here goes.

I've been bidding on two items from eBay, one of which I've already won.

The first item is the Mega-CD (PAL) version of Snatcher, the real classic that we all know and love. I tried bidding on another copy not too long ago, though unfortunately I think I got sniped at the very last few seconds. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time, I'm determined to snag myself a copy.

The second of the two is a game that's been recommended to me by a couple of people, and since I'm a big fan of the film, it's highly likely that I'll enjoy it. I speak, of course, about the Blade Runner PC game, developed by Westwood Studios. I won this about an hour or two ago now, for the humble sum of £5.19 (about $8 or so) - which isn't bad.

All that's left now is to find a copy of Zone of the Enders 2 and to preorder both Suikoden V and MGS3: Subsistence.

I think that just about wraps it up. Any thoughts on the Blade Runner game?
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Great game, and one of the few great uses of a license. If you like the film, you'll love the game.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

I've always liked 102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue on PSX. Shoot me, but I think it's a right fine game and I've beat it a few times.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

i second that, the game is excellent.

BTW, I recommend doing that "sniping" technique you mention, otherwise people only raise the prices and you end up paying more than you wanted or loosing. I usually just bid in the last 10 or 20 seconds, the maximum amount that I honesty would pay, even it it is way higher than the current bid. That way, i have no regrets about it later.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yeah, I'd try it myself but eBay apparently look down on that sort of thing. I think they're probably referring to these computer 'snipers', which automatically jack your bid up at the very last second. Some kind of program or something, I dunno.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

Snatcher wrote:i second that, the game is excellent.
Wait, you think 102 Dalmatians is excellent or the Blade Runner game is excellent? Because if you're talking about the former, you're my new best friend. :mrgreen:
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Gaff wrote:Yeah, I'd try it myself but eBay apparently look down on that sort of thing. I think they're probably referring to these computer 'snipers', which automatically jack your bid up at the very last second. Some kind of program or something, I dunno.
Yahoo Japan Auctions give sellers the option to automatically extend an auction if there's a snipe bid in the closing minutes.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yahoo Japan Auctions, eh? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

Oh and you just know that Artemio was referring to 102 Dalmatians. =P

-- Kahlil Gibran
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

It's a good game, buddy! I like it!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Gaff wrote:Yahoo Japan Auctions, eh? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.
You'll need to go through a proxy service like Rinkya if you don't live in Japan, though.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Wow, that's a pretty decent service they're offering there. Cheers again.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

It was Snatcher who originally told me about it. :)
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Blade Runner is quite possibly the greatest PC game ever made, the engine used for the characters was waaay ahead of its time.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yeah, looks like it was one of Westwood's finer moments before they were swallowed up by Electronic Arts.

I say the same for Command & Conquer.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Excellent, news just in - I have won a Mega CD (PAL) version of Snatcher.

The price was a little steep at £52, but it's well worth it.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

You bastard, you outbid me!

...Is what I would say if I had been bidding on it. Congrats.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Haha, thanks. Yeah, it's fair to say that I myself was rather irked the first time around but perseverance has pulled me through.

-- Kahlil Gibran