Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

BORAT LANDS INTERVIEW WITH DICK CHENEY

Post by Snake Plissken »

http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2 ... ck-cheney/

AHAHAH Oh Borat <3

Hollywood — In his highest profile con yet of an interview subject, Kazakh journalist Borat, a.k.a. British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, last week interviewed Dick Cheney. The interview went on for 10 minutes, sources tell Dateline Hollywood, before the Vice President’s staff cut it short after Borat asked Cheney “I make video of you daughter in bed with lesbian lover?”

The interview is expected to air as part of a promotional special Cohen is making for the release of the “Borat” movie on Nov. 3. Cohen and his staff have considered landing an interview with a high ranking Bush administration official to be the biggest possible “coup” for the special, in which he also interviews Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart and Broadway legend Chita Rivera.

According to sources close to Cohen, who also released an exclusive photo of the interview, Borat managed to interview Cheney recently during a visit to an Air and Army National Guard at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, Indiana. While there, the Vice President did a round of interviews with local media to talk about the Iraq war and the upcoming election. Cohen’s crew managed to land an interview for Borat by signing up as representatives of local TV affiliate KZKH.

Transcripts of the interview aren’t available, but Borat apparently managed to ask Cheney several provocative questions before he was cut off. After several “softball” questions to warm up the Vice President, Borat asked him how it tastes “to feast on the flesh of dead Iraqi children.” Mistaking the question for one about the Iraq war policy, Cheney responded with an answer about how the Iraqi people are increasingly standing up to support their government, oppose terrorists, and take care of their own security so that American troops can exit “as soon as the generals on the ground say that we have accomplished our goals.”

The Vice President was similarly confused when Borat invited him to return with him to Kazakhstan. “We have too many people want vote and want human rights. You come back and take control? Help us get rid of Jews?” Cheney responded that he would welcome the chance to visit Kazakhstan, noting that its president Nursultan Nazarbayev, a totalitarian accused of numerous human rights violations, “has been a key ally in the war on terror.”

Before his aides intervened, Cheney even began to respond to Borat’s question about his daughter. “I can’t show you any home videos, of course, but Mary is a marketing professional and is keenly interested in TV production,” he told Borat. “I’d be happy to contact her about potentially working with you on a documentary about the strength of the American family.”

While Cohen, in his many personas including hip hop journalist Ali G and Austrian gay TV correspondent Bruno, has interviewed subjects including Donald Trump, Andy Rooney, and Shaquille O’Neal, Cheney is the first high ranking federal government official to fall for the ruse. White House officials are said to be outraged and are attempting to stop the special from broadcasting and also revoke Cohen’s visa and immediately deport him to the United Kingdom.

Asked to comment, White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak. The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”

Asked for his reaction, Arizona Republican Senator John McCain, sought to place the blame for the embarrassing interview on Democrats, especially former President Bill Clinton.

“I would remind voters that Clinton and other Democrats critical of the Bush administration’s policies are trying to embarrass the White House and they have close connections to these Hollywood actor-comedian types,” the likely 2008 presidential candidate told Dateline Hollywood.

Arkley

Post by Arkley »

Asked to comment, White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak. The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”
I don't know about you guys, but I had to laugh my ass of at that comment.