Wow, pennies really are useless!

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Wow, pennies really are useless!

Post by JunkerMike »

I just saw the latest video that James Rolfe uploaded to youtube called "You Know What's Bullshit? (Part 2)", and it was about pennies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FffTJk-gFKc

This was absolutely friggin' hilarious, and he's right. Pennies are totally worthless. I mean, seriously, WHAT CAN YOU BUY WITH A FRIGGIN' PENNY THESE DAYS?!
Arkley

Post by Arkley »

Australia has already gotten rid of the penny, which is an awesome idea in my mind. The prices are still the same however, but when you end on a number that's not a zero or a five, it gets rounded to the next closest one. I know here in Canada, many people are pushing for an end to pennies.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Arkley wrote:Australia has already gotten rid of the penny, which is an awesome idea in my mind. The prices are still the same however, but when you end on a number that's not a zero or a five, it gets rounded to the next closest one. I know here in Canada, many people are pushing for an end to pennies.
That sounds pretty cool! Our country should do that too!
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

In this country (England), you have a whole collection of the things! You can't manage to get rid of them, prices all end in .99, it's scandalous!
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

aww man James is awesome. Im a big fan of the AVGN
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Jackafur wrote:aww man James is awesome. Im a big fan of the AVGN
I'm still waiting for James to make a video response to that fake-ass poser Chad Warden. Some other youtube game reviewers like Armake and AkewsticRockR have done it.
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

yea I hate those guys. Especially that "Angry Sega Kid". He was terrible.
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

I don't believe that pennies are useless. Get a jar, and put your spare change in it everyday. It's an old method but I guarantee those pennies will add up. Pennies are also good for giving exact change.. say something costs 27 cents?
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

Why should it even bother people? If for some reason being handed several cents in change is an annoyance to you, then give it to someone who sees the value (and long-term savings) of holding onto change. There's nothing more irritating than the people who can do nothing better with their pennies than to toss them on the ground like garbage.
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Missing wrote:Why should it even bother people? If for some reason being handed several cents in change is an annoyance to you, then give it to someone who sees the value (and long-term savings) of holding onto change. There's nothing more irritating than the people who can do nothing better with their pennies than to toss them on the ground like garbage.
I agree. Money is too important.. any type of pocket change every day adds up to something in the future. Simply throwing it away is not benefiting us at all.