Alright

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Alright

Post by JunkerMike »

You know how when you put a game disc in a regular CD player, they say "Don't play track 1"? Well, I downloaded a PSOne emulator so I could take a couple of screen shots from Twinbee Taisen Puzzle Dama, and iTunes was open when I put the disc in, and iTunes read it, and a message popped up saying something about how this album could not be found in the database. Anyway, what I'm asking is:Is iTunes reading a game disc just as bad (or possibly worse) then playing track 1 in a regular music disc player or program? iTunes didn't play the disc, but it DID read it.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

The warning was there because the cds are not compliant with the audio cd standard. Old cd players would try to read the data tracks as music (as PCM) and this creates digital noise that can harm speakers.

iTunes uses a PC, and reads only PCM tracks of a CD. So what you get is simply the PCM tracks from the cd listed. No harm there. You can rip those and carry them in yoru ipod (Yes I am such a geek when it comes to game music, and I even carry them in lossless)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

I'd carry some music in Apple Lossless, but the iPod Shuffle doesn't play it. I switched to one after I got tired of my regular hard drive-based iPods breaking all the damn time. Still, lossless is nice.