Blade Runner (Box Set Finally Revealed + Specs)

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

I just found a site that's gonna sell the box slightly cheaper, so i think i can buy it after all. Yay Blade Runner! :grin:
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Synthoid
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Synthoid »

I'll definitely be picking up the five-disc set, though over here I don't think we're getting the snazzy briefcase. It's a shame, but hey, there's still a hoard of goodies inside the box we're getting.
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

Yea I actually pre-ordered the blu ray 5 disc set.. I dont even own a blu ray player but whatever <_<

If I dont have a ps3 by the time its released I'll just buy the dvd set as well. disposable incomes ftw.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

God just called. Blade Runner is playing at the Uptown in DC starting tomorrow.

Y. E. S.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Synthoid
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Synthoid »

I picked up my copy of the box set today, the workprint is fuckin' win. It's got better music, especially at the end where Deckard checks up on Rachel. It's tense.

I'll probably track down that CD set too, though I've already got the Esper Edition. Listening to it right now in fact!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Man, you made me order that soundtrack just now Osiris. I have been looking for an Esper edition that is a direct copy and not an mp3-to-cd shitty thingy. This might fill my bill. Thanks for the heads up

I'll post pics and do a small post regarding the screening in the Jules Verne festival. Though in advance I must say that it was the best looking film I have ever seen. The most crisp looking image, the most detail and the greatest colors I have ever seen projected on a screen. The 4K resolution and the re mastering were really impressive. I look forward for my HD boxsets next week, But I already know that they won't look as good. They will be closer than any other thing I have owned or seen, but now I know how it really looks.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

Oh yes, the Blade runner DVD collection box has finaly arrived to Finland too!
Unfortunetly it cost little bit over my budget, it's 55€ here, so i'm waiting till i get it for 30€ from somewhere...

Anyway, i'm glad they released it here too, i didn't really expected it to happen.
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Synthoid
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Synthoid »

I picked up the trilogy album today, and I may even go as far as saying that it's more complete than the Esper Edition. The quality is much clearer, sharper and there's even a few things on here that I haven't heard on the EE.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I am really glad to hear about the new CD.. it seems it will fulfill all my needs =)

Today I was tempted though. They sold the two HD sets in the briefcase on the gray market... two full days before release!!! The good thing, which made me resist, was that they were really expensive.. around 170 USD for each one. I took some pics, though they are really bad since I had to conceal the phone and disable the flash.
Attachments
CC000016.jpg
CC000015.jpg
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Synthoid
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Synthoid »

For some reason, Snatcher, I'm thinking of you pullin' an Indy and quickly taking the briefcase while replacing it with something of equal weight, like a stone or somethin'. Cue boulder rolling sequence. Anyway, yeah, I'm thinkin' of torrenting the three-disc set and sharing the wealth, if I can figure out how to do it right.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Wow, that IS expensive. Amazon has the HD versions for USD70.

That's Plato's Cavern/Joy Division for you. :)
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Yes the preorder price in Amazon is a steal... I am waiting for them to ship today so I can have them tomorrow. A little worried there, since they split my order and sent some of the other items... Hope they have them on time, as usual.

UPDATE

They are on it's way. =) I hope they arrive tomorrow, can't wait. I also order another one for a friend, on a separate order... and it seems they are respecting the first come first serve here... it has been delayed until after December the 25th. Let's see hoe it goes, it might just be an estimate and they might ship it later today or tomorrow.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

They have yet to arrive (the UPS truck hasn't made its round), but the full review is online now:

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/355/blad ... html#vital
Even better, Warner has not skimped on any version of the film presented on the different HD DVD and Blu-ray editions. The studio offers 1080p/VC-1 encodes of not only 'The Final Cut,' but also the original 1982 domestic and International versions of the film, the 1992 'Director's Cut,' and even the 'Workprint Version.' As 'The Final Cut' forms the centerpiece of the package, I'll focus on that presentation, and then offer some additional thoughts on the other versions.
Lastly, Warner has delivered a terrific encode. The image retains its sharpness without being overly edge enhanced. Noise is not a problem (even on the darkest areas of the picture, as well as the numerous effects shots). There is also no apparent banding, macroblocking or other nagging artifacts -- simply put, this is beautiful compression work. Warner has absolutely hit it out of the park with this one, and it's easily a five-star presentation up there with the best.
Audio is True HD, which is great to have. They say the mix is really good as well. If you are using a PS3 via HDMI to a receiver be sure to set it to LPCM output via HDMI if your receiver doesn't take a True HD bitstream directly.

It seems that it will looks as good as it can compared to the 4K projection I watched last weekend, so I am pretty excited about it. I'll post pics when mine arrives, if anyone has it please post pics.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]