Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Shogun

Post by ratperson665 »

Alright. First let me start off by saying that I don't like reading. I'm slow at it, I often end up being overly thorough and 99% of the time the subject matter just doesn't interest me. That being said, THIS BOOK KICKS ASS!!!! It's called Shōgun. It was written by James Clavell. So far it's like reading a really great Kurosawa flick, only from a westerner's perspective. It's the story of John Blackthorne, an English ship's captain in the year 1600 who gets shipwrecked on the coast of Japan, He and his crew are taken captive, and he soon gets tangled up in a web of intrigue, ambition, lust for power and love (I'm not at that part yet). It's beautifully paced right now. Hasn't bored me at all. It's a long book (1,149 pages) and I'm only about 49 pages in (hey, I said I was a slow reader), but at the moment, I can't recommend it enough!
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

So why are you reviewing a book that you've only read 1/23rd of?
mrgone

Post by mrgone »

the book is really good, i read it years ago.
the movie/miniseries with richard chamberlain is also pretty good