Sooooooooooooo, there's a live action "Speed Racer"

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

shidoni wrote:Eek! Alright, I get it, I get it... *backs away*
Mwahaha >:3
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

You, my good sir, are t3h 3v1l, because you made shidoni back away.
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

RandommodnaR wrote:You, my good sir, are t3h 3v1l, because you made shidoni back away.
I change my answer! I rather raise you a "sidestep" and say, "subjectivity is the answer to this conflict!"
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

shidoni wrote:
RandommodnaR wrote:You, my good sir, are t3h 3v1l, because you made shidoni back away.
I change my answer! I rather raise you a "sidestep" and say, "subjectivity is the answer to this conflict!"
*clap* *clap*
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

shidoni wrote:
How convenient, you fight like a cow!
rofl
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

You were fighting like a dairy farmer, he had no choice. ;)
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

You're all pains in the backside.
And no, my hemorroids are NOT flaring up, thankyouverymuch.
8)
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Oh yeah?
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Damn, it's good to find people that actually know what I'm talking about when I use those insults.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

RandommodnaR wrote:You're all pains in the backside.
8)
I'm sure it's the kind of pain in the backside you like, modnar ;)
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

shidoni wrote:
RandommodnaR wrote:You're all pains in the backside.
8)
I'm sure it's the kind of pain in the backside you like, modnar ;)
Plot-twist!
(We are kind of raping this topic, tho)
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

shidoni wrote: I'm sure it's the kind of pain in the backside you like, modnar ;)
Lawl! This is the kind of situations that make me miss my fuck you smiley.
Tis all in good fun though.
Last edited by RandommodnaR on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

shidoni wrote: I'm sure it's the kind of pain in the backside you like, modnar ;)
Lawl! This is the kind of situations that make me miss my fuck you smiley.
Tis all in good fun though.

----------
Edit: My internet connection bites the big'un.

About the thread, i'm certain that the movie will be at least as good as Over Her Dead Body. Not TOO bad, but not good either.
Made in DNA

Post by Made in DNA »

i think the trailer looks great. cant wait to see it. stop comparing it to your childhood memories and open your mind. childhood memories will beat out reality any day of the week, but you cant live in the past. accept the movie for what it is. i personally plan to do just that, and i can gaurantee itll be a great movie!
--
Weapon of Mass Distraction
http://www.myspace.com/junkdnafiction
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Made in DNA wrote:i think the trailer looks great. cant wait to see it. stop comparing it to your childhood memories and open your mind. childhood memories will beat out reality any day of the week, but you cant live in the past. accept the movie for what it is. i personally plan to do just that, and i can gaurantee itll be a great movie!
I think that's what happened to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It was a good standalone movie, but too many people were expecting Final Fantasy, so it didn't turn out so well. I thought it was a good movie, because I wasn't thinking about huge swords and resurrection spells. I think Made in DNA is right. If we think of this less as speed racer, and more of a cool new movie, then we'll probably all like it.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Re: Sooooooooooooo, there's a live action "Speed Racer"

Post by JunkerMike »

I don't think it will live up to the hype (hopefully), and instead it will be in the same category as cartoon/comic/video game/whatever based movies like Dick Tracy, Mario Bros., and the third Ninja Turtles movie. John Goodman as Pops Racer, WHAT THE FUCK were they smoking when they came up with that? Susan Sarandon as Mom Racer? Jesus Christ. And who the hell is Christian Oliver? Why is he playing Snake Oiler? Why didn't they get Jason Lee to play Sparky? And why didn't they get Danny Elfman to do the music? If he can handle Batman and Spider-Man, then he can handle Speedy. Instead, we got some guy named Michael Giacchino, whoever the hell he is.
Made in DNA

Post by Made in DNA »

JunkerMike wrote:I don't think it will live up to the hype (hopefully), and instead it will be in the same category as cartoon/comic/video game/whatever based movies like Dick Tracy, Mario Bros., and the third Ninja Turtles movie. John Goodman as Pops Racer, WHAT THE FUCK were they smoking when they came up with that? Susan Sarandon as Mom Racer? Jesus Christ. And who the hell is Christian Oliver? Why is he playing Snake Oiler? Why didn't they get Jason Lee to play Sparky? And why didn't they get Danny Elfman to do the music? If he can handle Batman and Spider-Man, then he can handle Speedy. Instead, we got some guy named Michael Giacchino, whoever the hell he is.
Okay then, you're now in charge of casting, who do YOU cast?

Oh, and... it's just a movie guy... not the end of the world. ;)
--
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

JunkerMike wrote:I don't think it will live up to the hype (hopefully), and instead it will be in the same category as cartoon/comic/video game/whatever based movies like Dick Tracy, Mario Bros., and the third Ninja Turtles movie. John Goodman as Pops Racer, WHAT THE FUCK were they smoking when they came up with that? Susan Sarandon as Mom Racer? Jesus Christ. And who the hell is Christian Oliver? Why is he playing Snake Oiler? Why didn't they get Jason Lee to play Sparky? And why didn't they get Danny Elfman to do the music? If he can handle Batman and Spider-Man, then he can handle Speedy. Instead, we got some guy named Michael Giacchino, whoever the hell he is.
I think I mentioned above that sometimes crappy actors can do a good job. I gave the example of Leonardo Decaprio, who did an excellent job on Blood Diamond. I believe Susan Serandon played the mother of a certain house (I can't remember the name) in Children of Dune didn't she? I thought she did a decent job as that part. I don't know who the guy doing the music is, but you need to give other composers a chance (I agree that Danny Elfman would do an excellent job though).
Made in DNA

Post by Made in DNA »

Well, I think JunkerMike's problem with the cast may be his age. I'm not deriding his age, but let's face it, younger people will like younger actors. I'm 37, I like John Goodman; think he's perfect for Pops. Susan Saradon as the mother? I couldn't think of a better actress, she's mighty fine in my book.

But as for JM's opinion, I can understand it, Bogart turned me off as a kid in my teens and twenties. I just really started likely him a few years ago. Then again I could be completely wrong and JM is older or the same age as myself and he just really dislikes those actors/actresses. I'm not going to distress over it myself. I'm not making the movie. ;)

And I agree with you JimboKudo, SPIRITS WITHIN (nix the FF title) WAS AWWWWWWWWWESOME. I really clicked with it. And I thought the problem was that they attached the FF title to it. People expected something they didn't get. What that was, I don't know as I am not a fan of the FF gaming series.

Anyway, I hope all goes well with the movie. And if you want to stress over anything, stress over what they are going to do to the ROBOTECH movie. Now there's a movie I am a little weary of but will go see when the DVD comes out. Funny as it is, this is how I break my movie going experience down: is it $20 at the theater worthy? (movie tix in Japan are about $18 PER person), or, is it only a DVD rental? Makes life really simple. =)
--
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Has anybody seen this movie yet?