Hello all, new here

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Ghost
Favorite Game: Difficult, I have so many
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX2)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX2 original :D)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid (Gameboy Color, that's Ghost Babel;) )
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Hopefully soon Snatcher Mega CD

Hello all, new here

Post by Ghost »

* Hmm, I can't find a topic or forum so rapidly in which new members introduce themselves but if there is, could the resident moderator please transfer this post to that and delete this?

On to introducing myself,

Hello all, I am Marten van Wier, a gaming nut from the Netherlands.
While I have been a Metal Gear and Boktai fan for some time now (I picked up Metal Gear later but was with Boktai from the start), in general it was in rest until I heard that the new MGS4 was to be released soon this re-energizing my interest on the games Mr Kojima has worked on or had some role to play in.

Though I have played all the Metal Gear Solid games, and enjoyed Metal Gear Solid (the first) and Metal Gear Solid 3 much, yes I liked MGS2 too but the story really got confusing sometimes (yes I checked the analysis) my favorite of the Metal Gear series is Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake for the MSX2.
While I first experienced this game through Emulation I enjoyed it so much I later got MGS3 Subsistence (even thought I already had MGS3) and later even bought the MSX2 game as I really wanted to own it. (on to Metal Gear MSX :P )

I am also a fan of the Boktai series and have all of them though I have to say that I most of the time had to play them through emulation because of the lack of sunlight sometimes in the Netherlands (or to be able to enjoy them during the evening).
A really nice series and though Lunar Knights was fun I would prefer it if the series returned to the setting of Boktai 1/2/3, I like it for some reason more.

Recently I have also started to fiddle around with Snatcher and I have been recommending it to my chums online, now the race is on for my very own copy.
From the forum I understand that there have been some differences between the various versions (Sega CD/Mega CD, PCE, Saturn, PS1), I am going to ask about those differences in the appropriate forums in the future.

So who am I?

Well I am a rather boring 28 year old student from the Netherlands who lives in the city of Leeuwarden (capital of Friesland, the most northern province of the Netherlands) with two cats in an apartment (yes it is to small for all of us :D).
I follow a course in Media Design with IT on the side and hope to pursue Communication and Media Design after I finish this course, my biggest hopes and dreams is to become a designer one day with writer and artist on the side (not for an income though that would be nice, but I simply like to type and want to draw).

As mentioned before I am really into games since I was twelve, I started with my brother's Spectrum ZX (shame on you if you don't know that machine), an old console called a Videopac (I think) and an MSX2 (no Metal Gear I'm afraid) before moving on to a Sega Master System (I should have gone for a Sega Megadrive or SNES at the time but I was stupid).
Though my neighbors' kids I could enjoy the NES, well when they let me play with it, and my nephew had an Amiga 1200 (great machine, great memories).
After several years with a Sega Megadrive, a SNES and a Gameboy I moved onto PCs, discovering the world of adventures and later FPS, RTS, RPGs (Fallout, yeah!) and space games, and ignored the consoles for a while until I discovered that there were actually some games that were interesting (Metal Gear amongst them).
So I later got myself a Gamecube and a Gameboy Advance as I am also a big Metroid fan, and later a PS2 to enjoy games for that machine.

Last year a Wii joined the ranks and currently I am saving up for a new PC after which I am planning to get a PS3 so that I can finally also enjoy MGS4.

As for the rest, well I enjoy collecting action figures, models, rare games, and I read various types of Sci-Fi novels and comic books (though not the monthly super hero ones as they really got confusing).

One last thing; I might not always be around on the forum but please don't delete my membership friendly moderators, I am simply so busy with many other things in my life that I don't always have the chance to be everywhere where I want to be.

Next to this place I am also a member of the following sites:

http://www.classicamiga.com/index.php
http://www.nma-fallout.com/
http://www.starflight3.org/

And I am one of the moderators on this site;

http://www.metroidguide.com/

* phew *

(sorry if the English is off, it is not my native language)

Edit: sentence didn't make sense
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Hello all, new here

Post by Artemio »

Wow, great introduction pal. Welcome to the forums, and rest assured your account won't be deleted. We have only purged accounts once, and they were unactivated and unused for 2 years, with no post count. So no problems there.

You have quite a gamer trajectory, and a nice one at that. Glad to have you around here, we hope you'll feel at home.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Ghost
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Post by Ghost »

Hello there Admin,

I pretty much blurted out everything on my mind on the moment, I have been up for some time now, any restriction or reservation went out of the window a couple of hours ago. (sleeeeep, need sleeeep)
You have quite a gamer trajectory, and a nice one at that. Glad to have you around here, we hope you'll feel at home.
Yes, I had the opportunity to try out quite some games but I still feel that I need a lot of catching up to do (Snatcher for example), it seems as a gamer you are never 'finished'.
Junker Gear Snatcher
Favorite Game: (Ask me sometime, PMs welcome)
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid series (all of them)
-MGS1
-MGS2
-MGS3
-MGS4
-MGS: Portable Ops
-MGS: Portable Ops +
-MGS: Digital Graphic Novel
Snatcher
(Policenauts someday, thanks to you dedicated folks.)

Post by Junker Gear Snatcher »

Ghost wrote:
Yes, I had the opportunity to try out quite some games but I still feel that I need a lot of catching up to do (Snatcher for example), it seems as a gamer you are never 'finished'.
SO VERY TRUE.

Games are for life, however I made a promise a long time ago to bow out should there ever be virtual reality, but that was a long time ago and I'm more concerned now the integration will slow, steady, and perhaps necessary, who knows.

Your Kojima history is stronger than mine. I:

Love Metal Gear,
Love Snatcher,
Await Policenauts,
Never seen Boktai or Lunar Knights,
and dislike Zone of the Enders.
----------------------------------
Listening to my own "Policenaudio."
Author with one finished book,
six others on the go.
Generally friendly.
Good looking too.

And yet I still find time to be a Junker.
Ghost
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Post by Ghost »

Hello guys,

I am dropping by to show I haven't disappeared or anything.
Really haven't been doing much Kojima games or gaming in general related these last couple of months other than gathering some old MSX games, I will have a new PC next week so I hope I have something more to tell.
The Randam Seed

Post by The Randam Seed »

I'm new here, too! Snatcher is awesome. I'm in school now, so I'll respond to anyone later!
Wanna hide a book? Try the Library. Wanna hide a body? How about the morgue?
- Randam Hajile