American Political discussion

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

American Political discussion

Post by violentpig »

Is boring as hell to me and I really don't care because I live in Canada (although I am American born).

But god damn for some reason I'll watch political crap on TV because I think Sarah Palin is ...excuse my language.... fucking hot.

I have no idea why. I'm 31 and I usually don't like older women. Or women that have had 5 kids.

:P

If I did go to Washington and vote (which I can do) I'd vote for whoever has the least interest in Canada or stepping foot in Canada.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Re: American Political discussion

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

I am an extreme history, political and economic buff. I can be categorized as a democrat but I'd rather think of myself as an isolationist. I think we should stay the hell out of other peoples business. I think the war in Iraq is a pointless waste of time to everyone but republicans. Historically the situation we got ourselves into when we created Israel for the Jews and pissed off the Arabs makes it extremely difficult for us to operate anything at all in the Middle East. We have a lot of problems at home so we need to come home and solve the problems. We don't need to involve ourselves in foreign affairs. One could argue that democracy relies on the fact that we have allies who are also democratic. If democracy is threatened than we may be able to get involved. As for you republicans that are disgusted with my word listen to this. The surge in Iraq is not working. The search for Osama does not have enough attention. The domestic affairs ARE more important than the foreign ones. I just want to keep our nose clean and out of other peoples books, and at this time a democrat in office seems to promise just that. Plus I believe that the recent string of republican presidents is what caused our current economic situation. Yes, gas prices are going down but that is because of OPEC negotiations and not the surge in Iraq. No, 9/11 was not a conspiracy. I have a ton more to say but only if someone wishes to start a peaceful debate in response to this post.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

Sarah Palin is fucking slamming, and so are her daughters.
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).
PSN: Sir_EFG
Xbox Live: Aes Rock

Post by James_The_Stampede »

Dick Motorman wrote:Sarah Palin is fucking slamming, and so are her daughters.
Too bad she's also (a) fucking crazy and (b) a fucking idiot.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

James_The_Stampede wrote:
Crazy broads are the best in bed. Before I met my wife I think almost every girl I was with was both (a) and (b). I didn't want a chick I had to impress or be honest to LOL
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Lol, nice definition of an acceptable one night stand guys. But I'd have to pass on Sarah Palin. She is just too old.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:Lol, nice definition of an acceptable one night stand guys. But I'd have to pass on Sarah Palin. She is just too old.
I know, I know, I know! (the age)

Trust me man, it's really odd for me to dig her. Usually I'm into girls inappropriately young for me. Or at least, so my wife says. I say a 31yr old guy with an 18yr old girl is perfectly acceptable.

Pro to humping Sarah Palin: she's got five kids so you know she puts out for sure and you don't need to wear a rubber

Con to humping Sarah Palin: when you impregnate her there's NO WAY she's getting an abortion

LOL I'm out of my mind.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

as if that matters while I rail her. :mrgreen:
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Ugh. Unless you're thirty-something, what's the appeal? Seriously.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

violentsnake wrote:
Commander_AK-47 wrote:Lol, nice definition of an acceptable one night stand guys. But I'd have to pass on Sarah Palin. She is just too old.
I say a 31yr old guy with an 18yr old girl is perfectly acceptable.

Pro to humping Sarah Palin: she's got five kids so you know she puts out for sure and you don't need to wear a rubber

Con to humping Sarah Palin: when you impregnate her there's NO WAY she's getting an abortion

LOL I'm out of my mind.
ROFL!
Dick Motorman wrote:
as if that matters while I rail her. :mrgreen:
Hey I doubt it won't matter, what if she pulls your dick right off? Republicans are known to do that you know.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

I donno if you've seen the tina fey clip about palin and hilary or not, but it's really funny. I don't necessarily agree with everything in it, but it's still really good. For those of you who haven't seen it: http://www.hulu.com/watch/34465/saturda ... llary-open
Anubis
Runner

Post by Anubis »

Nice Political discussion

I'd hit Palin. With a baseball bat. In the head. That bitch is crazy stupid and needs to get the hell out of politics. Also, I don't find her attractive in the slightest.

As for the the politics of the good old U.S. of A? Har har, that's a good laugh. What a joke. It's amazing that we can continue to throw money into the black holes that are The War on Terror and The War on Drugs. What a waste.
Also, I thoroughly enjoy how we choose our candidates.
Honestly, I don't give a fuck where our candidates stand on abortion. I don't care if they inhaled or not. I don't care what religion you stand behind. I'm perfectly fine having an atheist or agnostic in office, hopefully that would at least get religion out of a place it doesn't belong in.

I want to know how they are going to fix our economy. I want to know when we are going to stop wasting our time and money on Iraq.
Our country is a joke and the punchline got old a while ago. I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks of us.
Omega579
Runner
Favorite Game: Street Fighter II
PSN: Omega579

Post by Omega579 »

Anubis wrote: I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks of us.
Who cares what the world thinks of us. The world always looks to the U.S. for help whenever something bad happens. After the world gets that help, they go back to their bashing.
Last edited by Omega579 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

W need to send troops where they are actually needed like North Korea. The Middle East is all fucked up, they can't live in peace, its impossible. Their religion prevents them from being at peace, they're going to blow each other up no matter what we do, they are fucked up in the head. We should just drop a nuke on them and be done with it, they will probably end up nuking themselves anyway. Unless of course there is oil involved in which case George W. Bush, and all republicans for that matter, will be happy to go "fight for freedom". Like I said above, we need to get our nose out of other peoples business and come home to fix some stuff around here like our economy and health care.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Wow...that's actually a terrible plan. Kinda racist, too.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:W need to send troops where they are actually needed like North Korea. The Middle East is all fucked up, they can't live in peace, its impossible. Their religion prevents them from being at peace, they're going to blow each other up no matter what we do, they are fucked up in the head. We should just drop a nuke on them and be done with it, they will probably end up nuking themselves anyway. Unless of course there is oil involved in which case George W. Bush, and all republicans for that matter, will be happy to go "fight for freedom". Like I said above, we need to get our nose out of other peoples business and come home to fix some stuff around here like our economy and health care.
Crap man. I hope you're joking. Do you honestly believe that the people who live in the middle east enjoy the fact that they live in a dangerous society? They aren't "fucked up in the head." I would have to go with Omega on helping other countries out. We go and help people out (because nobody else EVER DOES), and the people are happy to recieve us. Then we help not only our allies, but also OUR ENEMIES recover, by giving aid to help repair their economies. I don't know if you realize this, but our country is in serious debt. However, the only reason we're in debt is because we help everybody else out. I know people complain about us being the "world police" and all that, but somebody has to get in there and stop evil dudes like Hussein from raping and murdering civilians. I'd like to think that the majority of people can understand that this isn't what ANYBODY wants in their country. Think about what the civilians of those countries want. Would you like to walk through a field in America, and risk blowing your legs off on land mines? If you do, then your the one who's messed up in the head.

Sorry if this is too serious for this "political discussion," but I don't think most people quite appreciate what our country is doing. I'm one of those people who actually DOES care about where the government is heading. Especially since it's become unbalanced, giving more power to the Senate than the other groups. I'm not saying that you have to watch every political discussion on cnn or whatever liberal channel you can watch on cable, but, for crying out loud, have at least SOME awareness for what's best for the country.
Anubis
Runner

Post by Anubis »

We aren't the world police, we are the world's bullies. We invaded Iraq when we had no reason to. Al-Queda and Iraq were not in cahoots, they did not work together. It's not our place to determine the fate of the rest of the world. Another prime example of us butting into others business is when Russia invaded Georgia. It's none of our damn business. I don't know why were trying to think of how we could punish Russia, but for some reason we determined it was our god given duty to do so.

And helping people is not even close to the reason we are in debt.
If we wanted to save the world, we could easily do it.
The United Nations has estimated that for roughly $10 billion a year we could end world hunger.
Now look at this.

http://usliberals.about.com/od/homeland ... umbers.htm

This article is roughly a week old. We spend $12 billion a month funding the war.

We spend $20 billion a year fighting the war on drugs. Most drug related crimes are simple Marijuana possession. We've incarcerated millions of people over a harmless plant.

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/98 ... time_high/

The reason we are in debt is because banks would give huge lines of credit to mortgage companies to give loans to bumfuck poor people for 400k houses when they really only make 30k a year. So, when those 30k a year people cant pay, the house gets foreclosed on. The mortgage company suddenly doesn't have money. The bank then doesn't have the money it was promised by the mortgage company. The bank realizes they're getting screwed and tries to get money out of the mortgages, but they all fail and then the banks fall on top of them. The market was just a bunch of speculation because mortgage companies and banks looked at the impossible loans they were approving (the repay for 400k houses) as a sort of solid money in the bank - it wasn't. The stupid loans being made was because the government allowed for deregulation and for those predatory loans to go out in the first place
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

seraphssavior wrote:Wow...that's actually a terrible plan. Kinda racist, too.
I didn't mean to be racist. I am one of them myself, I'm just not as stupid or crazy. The Muslim religion is one based on Catholicism, however they have two sides to it. The Sunnis and the Shiites. The Sunnis are more strict and therefore want to kill the Shiites for being leaniant and allowing pleasures such as woman's rights and stuff. That is why I am Catholic and not Muslim.
JimboKudo wrote: Crap man. I hope you're joking. Do you honestly believe that the people who live in the middle east enjoy the fact that they live in a dangerous society?

I didn't say the liked it I Just said that they were a dangerous society. Not to be racist or anything but a religion where the Sunnis have to kill the Shiites by blowing themselves up just because the Sunnis are more strict to the bible, that to me is totally fucked up. I can say that, I'm from there. I am from Lebanon. I know how crazy those guys are, it disgusts me. But that is not my point. My point is regardless of what they will do to each other we should leave them the fuck alone and let them do whatever the fuck they want. Thatway whatever is left of them will like us and we will have fixed some issues at home as well.
JimboKudo wrote: We go and help people out (because nobody else EVER DOES), and the people are happy to recieve us. Then we help not only our allies, but also OUR ENEMIES recover, by giving aid to help repair their economies. I don't know if you realize this, but our country is in serious debt. However, the only reason we're in debt is because we help everybody else out. I know people complain about us being the "world police" and all that, but somebody has to get in there and stop evil dudes like Hussein from raping and murdering civilians.
We went into Iraq because the god damned republicans wanted the oil. Stopping Hussein was only a bonus. They said there were WMD's there. There were none. We did nothing but drag out a conflict that should have only lasted about a year. They hate us down there. Its not an insurgency that is fighting us its the god damned citizens we are "delivering freedom" to. There was no connection between Al Queda and Iraq. Afghanistan is were Osama is and we are not even putting any effort into finding him. There are more National Guard stationed in New York City than there are soldiers in Afghanistan. People always argue that we need to step in to protect our democratic allies because without allies out democracy will fail. That is true but we have enough allies to sustain living. Most of Europe is democratic. All we need to do is leave everyone alone. If the fuck with us then we can nuke their asses. But they wont fuck with us because we won't be in their business which is the reason they attack us.
Anubis wrote:We aren't the world police, we are the world's bullies. We invaded Iraq when we had no reason to. Al-Queda and Iraq were not in cahoots, they did not work together. It's not our place to determine the fate of the rest of the world. Another prime example of us butting into others business is when Russia invaded Georgia. It's none of our damn business. I don't know why were trying to think of how we could punish Russia, but for some reason we determined it was our god given duty to do so.
I agree, sort of. Some things you said in there were pretty radical but I agree that we need to but out of other peoples business and work on our own problems. There sure are enough to keep us busy for a while.
Omega579
Runner

Post by Omega579 »

I can see how this topic could create a divide in the forums. I don't believe the U.S. is the world police and definitely don't believe we are the world's bullies. We did not invade Iraq, we liberated it. An invasion would mean we are an occupying force with the intent to control the country, like Russia and Georgia. The U.S. is not targeting civilians, we are targeting terrorists. Even if you don't agree with the reasons we are in there, the fact is Iraq has had a democratic election and the surge has worked. Soon Iraq will be able to handle some of our military duties on their own and our brothers and sisters in the military will be coming home.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Omega579 wrote:I can see how this topic could create a divide in the forums. I don't believe the U.S. is the world police and definitely don't believe we are the world's bullies. We did not invade Iraq, we liberated it. An invasion would mean we are an occupying force with the intent to control the country, like Russia and Georgia. The U.S. is not targeting civilians, we are targeting terrorists. Even if you don't agree with the reasons we are in there, the fact is Iraq has had a democratic election and the surge has worked. Soon Iraq will be able to handle some of our military duties on their own and our brothers and sisters in the military will be coming home.

You sound like you could be a spokesperson for Bush. What you said was complete government propaganda. No, the US. is not targeting Civilians but they are not targeting terrorists either. There are no terrorists in Iraq. They are in Afghanistan, if anywhere. Liberated is such a misused word. In any case, I hope you are right because the sooner this horse shit ends the sooner we will be able to get back to our own problems.
Omega579
Runner

Post by Omega579 »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:We went into Iraq because the god damned republicans wanted the oil..
Too bad Iraq's oil contracts went to other countries. The Iraqis should give us oil anyways just for liberating their country. I think it's the least they can do for the sacrifice of American lives. And remember, the democrats had to sign off on the war, too, so they're just as guilty.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Well the democrats didn't profit from the war, the republicans did. And the democrats want to fix it now which is why Obama needs to win the election.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

There's so much to reply to in this thread.

Anubis, are you aware that the US is currently in $9,664,631,803,259.07 (this comes from various government websites) dollars of debt? You're saying it's terrible that they spent 32 billion. How on earth does that make us over 9 trillion dollars in debt? I don't think I need to reiterate my reason for this, but if you didn't know, none of the countries which we've ever helped out (including Germany, which we helped after we defeated them) have payed us back. If you want to prove your point, please find some information either in a book or in a website that's trustworthy (ends with ".gov"), and then we can talk about this issue. If you want us to stay out of other people's buisiness, then why do you suggest that we should even attempt to solve world hunger? If you meant that we should be worrying about that instead of waging war, then I'll give you an example of how this might turn out. Say we donated money to solve the hunger in the middle east. First of all, we would have to get permission to distribute the food (not gonna happen), and since that wouldn't blow over well, we'd end up having to give the money for food to the government. Do you think that a corrupt leader won't take some or all of this money? It's the same problems we have with many charities in the US.

AK, I agree with you that a religion where you're supposed to kill people is certainly not a good thing. I disagree with your point about us not having the duty to fight for the lives of those in need. I understand that many people have the same view as you do, but what you guys are basically saying is that we should only look out for ourselves. I understand we may have a poor economy right now, but that doesn't mean that we only worry about ourselves.
On the note of our soldiers not finding any WMDs: That's simply not true, and, if you want, I can find sources that will prove otherwise. I don't want to have to write out an answer to this point on a forum. And I have the same answer to Anubis saying that Al-Queda and Iraq weren't in cahoots.

If what Omega said sounds like government propaganda to you, then I'll try to stay away from sounding that way. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with what happened in Vietnam, and what the aftermath of us leaving before finishing the job was, but basically, after we left, people came in and slaughtered the Vietnamese civilians. Leaving early resulted in millions of innocent people being killed. If we leave early again, then it is likely that the same thing will happen. We need to first ensure that the people have a steady government and are able to defend themselves, then, after that, we can leave.

Anyway, I would rather not continue debating these issues on a forum like this.
Anubis
Runner

Post by Anubis »

I'm aware of the validaty of the sites I listed, but I was in a hurry, so I just threw together some quick facts.

Here, here is a better idea of the cost of Iraq
So far it's estimated to run us over 3 Trillion dollars. I'd say that is a pretty substantial figure to throw on top of a 6 Trillion dollar debt. That means that a 1/3 of our debt has been accumulated in the last 6 years, as opposed to the first 6 billion being accrued over the past 50 years since the end of World War 2.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 46_pf.html

I would say that a Harvard academic is a fairly competent source though. If you want a conservative number, then consider that only 2 Trillion has been spent in Iraq. That still means 1/4 of our debt has come from the war.

If you want the official rebuttal to this paper:

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/86xx/doc8690 ... timony.pdf

This was published in October 2007. In the paper the estimated cost of the war is 1.6 Trillion. Over the past year this number has easily been surpassed. Frankly, I don't believe that is a reliable number. They would skewer the numbers in whatever way possible to make them look smaller. Then again, that is just the conspiracy theorist in me talking. (I'm well aware he's there, I'm just arguing here for fun)

I brought up world hunger as a means of showing that we could help people for the good of it, but we are not. We only help when a situation could possibly benefit us in the future. In a word; oil.

The way we could have avoided another Vietnam situation is simple. We could have not gone to war. We could have specifically targeted the Terrorist group responsible for the attacks, and that be that.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

LOL :mrgreen:

And I just wanted to bring up how I wanted to bone Sarah Palin. Boy did this snowball into quite a discussion.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!