New member! (Golly!)

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

New member! (Golly!)

Post by XenoMorph »

Well, if you're reading this it means my carefully and artfully crafted topic has beared fruit in bringing attention to myself. I guess the most logical course of action in a case such as this would be to introduce myself (as often new members to forums do).

Hello, I'm a 21 year old hyperactive gopher from Finland. What truly makes me amazing is probably the fact that in addition to being the only gopher in the world that can read I'm probably also the only gopher in the world who can also type. And understand all the plot elements of Snatcher. My hobbies include gaming, playing guitar, dreaming about audio equipment I'll probably never be able to afford, and travelling (conquering Mexico next, in 30.11.2008 to be exact). I assemble Hydraulic rammers in a dark factory, surrounded by orange-tilted lighting and the smell of industrial lubricants. Hopefully my occupation will one day be able to pay for my school expenses, as I plan to become an audio engineer one day. Now, I'd like to give my 2 cents on Snatcher next

I think that Snatcher is quite possibly, the most revolutionary adventure game that I have ever played, and by far the most intense and thrilling experience that mankind has to offer. Ever. My first playthrough was about 4 years ago, sitting alone in a dark room, with my tabletop speakers cranked up listening to the terrific voice acting and the most atmospheric music ever to have been produced by anyone, anywhere, ever. Well, I think you get the point by now, Snatcher rules, totally, and there is no game like it. It's really a shame, but overall not suprising, seeing it's basically a work of art.

My reasons for coming to this forum are simple. I've been visiting here regularly for 3 years now, and, like most of you, have been anticipating the release of the Policenauts translation for years now. After all these years, I had to get one thing out of my system:

Thank you, to all members involved in the development of the policenauts translation project, from the bottom of my heart. It takes inhuman perseverance to be able to work on a project such as this for years with only the hopeful glitter in peoples eyes keeping you going. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like, specially after having to work under pressure because the first deadline was missed. But I do know that these efforts aren't in vain, and that you are doing something amazing which will go down personally in my book as history. You may think I'm blowing this out of proportion but I'm only saying this because I see games as more than just entertainment, especially those by Hideo Kojima. They are a work of art, and a powerful enough experience can change the whole direction of your life with one sweep and you'll know the instance it happens that you'll never be the same again.

That happened to me when I played Snatcher, and after realising how much music can affect games (or movies or anything, for that matter) as a whole, it made me want to pursue a career in music, to be able to produce even 10 percent of the atmosphere that Snatcher had, solely with music. I believe that Policenauts as well will be a revolutionary experience that will change my life in one way or the other.

So thank you once again for your hard work. I'll be sure to try make more posts than just this one but I can't promise anything until I cure my chronic laziness :P
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Re: New member! (Golly!)

Post by Solidé »

Wellcome bro!
I'm from Finland too and i'm also 21 year old at the moment.
Which city are you living? I'm in Turku.

Oh and since you are from Finland i guess you'd like to check out my site at hideokojima.fi ;)
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Lahti. Finnish Chicago, no doubt. While I do appreciate the offer, I have my hands full with this forum even though I rarely even post here. C'est la vie
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
rogerwillson

Post by rogerwillson »

Hello Guys..
How are you guys, i hope you all are fine and enjoying the life..
I am Roger willson hope that this forum will really helpful to me...