[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Junker HQ • View topic - Converting your PSX Backups for PSP

Converting your PSX Backups for PSP

Discussion for anything non-gaming.

Converting your PSX Backups for PSP

Postby Mornaug » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Anyone interested in converting their PSX backups to the PSP's EBOOT.pbp format; here's a great program for that. You will also need the file BASE.pbp, but that file is official Sony code so its illegal to distribute it. You'll have to find it on your own! Google is your friend.
PSX2PSP v.1.4.2.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 351 times
Mornaug

Re: Converting your PSX Backups for PSP

Postby Dick Motorman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Yeah I was playing MGS just the other day on my psp. It's fun to screw around with psps.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby JimboKudo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:41 pm

JimboKudo
Major

Postby Dick Motorman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 am

Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby Mornaug » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:23 am

It really is incredible. Its probably one of the biggest FUCK YOUs to sony ever. Just looking at anyones psp with official firmware makes me pity them because they just have no idea what their tiny $180 toy is capable of. Ive had my psp for a while now and I havent bought any UMD games for it, yet I have hundreds of games on my psp (emulators and what not).
Mornaug

Postby Dick Motorman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:58 am

Haha pretty much the same for me. I've had my PSP since around the time they where released and I have two umds for it, but hundreds of games, I even have some psp games on it. I'm thinking about modding my psp even more, this time in terms of hardware, I saw this article where someone installed a touch screen on their psp, I wouldn't mind trying that one out.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby Mornaug » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:25 am

Yeah I saw that touchscreen mod. Its very cool. Hopefully it ends up working well, that way even DS games would be a possibility on it :D
Mornaug

Postby Dick Motorman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm also thinking about mounting some LEDs under the trigger's, just for the hell of it.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby JimboKudo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I own a lot of umd games, but I play more homebrew. Certain games like valkyrie profile, FF tactics, and Disgaiea I bought because they were freakin' expensive on the ps2/ps1. The psp runs pretty much all programs twice as well as my laptop does. I think it's because it's able to concentrate on one thing (the game and calculations), instead of windows xp which takes a lot of memory to run (when you have a 500 mhz comp).
JimboKudo
Major

Postby Mornaug » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:10 pm

I've actually been wanting to do the LED thing too. Makes it look awesome! In regards to playing rare/hard to find games for the ps1/psp, because of the internet you don't even have to buy them! You just have to know where to look! :wink: Of course I completely support owning the originals as I am a ps1 collector, but downloading is a great way to try or even beat before you buy.
Mornaug

Postby bay » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:34 pm

bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Postby Mornaug » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Mornaug

Postby jetoutant » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:31 pm

i have been trying to get my ps1 games to work on my psp but i have run into a snag I have the psx2psp program alcohol120% program to covert all my old ps1 games to iso's i have a Base.PBP not sure if it is good I get all the way through the conversions and when i get it on my psp it says some thing about not being compadable license program is there some thing i am missing to get it to work
jetoutant

Postby Sevket » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:31 pm

www.pspiso.com is your friend for stuff like this
If you want to sell your MGS Promo Discs or Demos please contact me

My Metal Gear Collection
Sevket
Runner

Postby JimboKudo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:53 pm

JimboKudo
Major

Postby brosko48 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Now I know how to Convert my PSP for PSX Backups. Thank you for the information :)

Postby shadrach » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 am

Maybe if we are lucky DA will incorporate a way of loading a .iso file using Sony's emulator. I have a feeling that the data.psar is nothing more than the standard cd image + a little header info. This actually worked for anyone ? and is it definite that I will need activation or whatever ? This process better work in reverse cos I want to play the original medal of honour on my playstation 1 and alien resurrection.
shadrach

Postby best name ever » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:30 am

Attachments
BASE.PBP.zip
(46.38 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby Ianhayes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Have you ever tried to put a DVD on a toaster? The hole sometimes seems to fit but the result you have is far from expected?

PSP games-> PSP-> PSP emulator
PSX games-> PS1-> PS1 emulator

The way it's meant to be played.

To sum up, psp games cannot be played on a PSX emulator.
Ianhayes

Postby best name ever » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 pm

What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Return to Off Topic