The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Anubis
Runner

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Post by Anubis »

I just wanted to go tell everyone to see this movie.

I saw it on Chirstmas night, and it was absolutely phenomenal. It's easily one of the best movies I've seen in quite awhile. I feel that in many ways, the movie is better than The Dark Knight. (Keep in mind that these are two entirely different movies that set out to accomplish completely different things. I also loved TDK)

The story is moving, and the characters are very well developed. Brad Pitt plays the part of Benjamin perfectly, and it's a testament to his acting ability that he can play such a unique character so well. Cate Blanchett also fills her role magnificently.

It's a fairly long movie. The run time is somewhere around three hours.

It's rare for a movie to leave me with such an intense impression and leave me with so many thoughts about the experience that we call life. There are a few humorous situations, but overall the movie is a pretty sad affair. Few movies have made me tear up as many times as this one. (Then again, I tear up at everything. For a small comparison, I teared up at the end of Final Fantasy X)

It seems to be a rather love it or hate it affair, but again, I can't stress enough that you all should go see it and judge for yourself. Here are some other opinions.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=47297789

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/curious ... in_button/

DO NOT, Do not go in expecting an action movie. This is not The Dark Knight or Valkyrie. The movie moves at it's own pace, and you're just along for the ride.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Re: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Post by Dick Motorman »

yeah I've been really interested in seeing this one. From everything I've seen and heard it looks phenomenal.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

I thought it was a kids movie, but I guess not. I just assumed because of the title. Now I'm kinda interested in seeing it.
Nitroadict
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear I
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Metal Gear Solid IV
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Solid Mobile
PSN: Nitroadict

Post by Nitroadict »

Easily one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. Were I not in the company of others, I would've shed a few, silent man tears throughout the movie.

Interestingly,
Spoiler:
the screenwriter, eric roth, also wrote forrest gump,
which in hindsight, you can easily see the influences & similarities. I'm glad I didn't know those going in though, as it would've made me expect a certain movie.

The last 15 mins were also the saddest, imo:
Spoiler:
Specifically, the scene of Daisy holding Benjamin (as a toddler with dementia)'s hand; devastatingly sad.
I would definitely snatch this off of Amazon, possibly for blu-ray if commentary from Pitt and/or Blanchett made it in the final disc.