For any Beatles fans

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Anubis
Runner

For any Beatles fans

Post by Anubis »

I don't care about the game, but this is just way too cool

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/see-t ... h-quality/

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles and it's good to see that so much attention was at least put into the opening of the game. Truly awesome.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: For any Beatles fans

Post by el_ash »

well I'm on dial-up...so i can't watch, But as a beatles fan I'll take your word for it man.

Isn't that also going to feature some rare unreleased tracks? I know I read something about that a while back maybe it was something else?
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I'm a huge fan too. Maybe the only reason why I would buy now a Guitar... Hopefully those on clearance at Walmart get a few more dollars off from it.
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

who doesn't love the beatles? But these guitar hero, rock band, dj hero games are pretty fucking lame, if you ask me.
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Well, I don't know. Of course, if people spent as much time playing an actual guitar as they do playing around with plastic guitar controllers, we'd probably have a second Hendrix or two jamming across the street from us.

Then again, I still need to get my mom hooked on gaming so she doesn't stare at me by the length of her nose every time I say I like to play video games. Anything Beatles-related could work. No, MUST work.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Yeah, I'm getting sort of sick of these games. They're all the same. I've finally switched over to a much better game: Frets on Fire for the pc :P , because everyone knows that using your keyboard as a guitar is WAY more badass.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

gaming is dead... good lord.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

I always saw Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Tambourine God merely as party games, or something to play in the arcade while your female friends hog the Para-Para and DDR machines.

Over here, there are these special GH arcades, something like a PS2 with a timer, but it has all 3 games to choose. $1 peso every five minutes. It's a goddamn steal in several ways, ain't it?
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Dick Motorman wrote:gaming is dead... good lord.
I kind of agree at some level with this. What I believe though is that gameing is dead as we knew it/loved it, or for us. It simply lives on for the mainstream.

That's why I am building up my retrogaming collection, building a superGUN, buying Arcade PCBs, etc. I spend the same amount on my hobbies, but in something I like and play, and not the newest game. I still play new games, but I've found it is one or two a year.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Artemio wrote:
Dick Motorman wrote:gaming is dead... good lord.
I kind of agree at some level with this. What I believe though is that gameing is dead as we knew it/loved it, or for us. It simply lives on for the mainstream.

That's why I am building up my retrogaming collection, building a superGUN, buying Arcade PCBs, etc. I spend the same amount on my hobbies, but in something I like and play, and not the newest game. I still play new games, but I've found it is one or two a year.
exact same feelings here. I hope some day the gaming industry will pick up the pace again, whether it's larger companies making good games again, or small underground companies. I just hope we get our hobby back.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Death of the hardcore gamer...

Good job the PS2 has such a large library, so many great games I still haven't played yet!