I have a confession to make.

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

ratperson665 wrote:
Omega579 wrote:The Weinsteins are trying to remake Seven Samurai with Ziyi Zhang. Nothing is sacred anymore. Next thing you know Citizen Kane will be remade.
I didn't like Seven Samurai one bit! It's way to long, the romance feels rushed and unnecessary, the characters are more like puppets and the ending is totally stupid!
Dude, then give us an example of what you think is a good movie.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

Snake Plissken wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:
Omega579 wrote:The Weinsteins are trying to remake Seven Samurai with Ziyi Zhang. Nothing is sacred anymore. Next thing you know Citizen Kane will be remade.
I didn't like Seven Samurai one bit! It's way to long, the romance feels rushed and unnecessary, the characters are more like puppets and the ending is totally stupid!
I'm betting $150 that he says "The Stewie Griffin Movie". Any takers?

*not sarcasm*
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

OtakupunkX wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:
I'm betting $150 that he says "The Stewie Griffin Movie". Any takers?

*not sarcasm*
And it's just pure irony, cause the show Family Guy itself is nothing but an un-original 26 minute farce that homages movies like Lethal Weapon and Blade Runner every 10 seconds. If it wasn't for even more famous elements of pop culture that show wouldn't exist, and the idiots who enjoy it would just probably watch the Simpsons instead.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

ratperson665 wrote:I didn't like Seven Samurai one bit! It's way to long, the romance feels rushed and unnecessary, the characters are more like puppets and the ending is totally stupid!
For your own safety, I'd suggest you never repeat those thoughts again.
Duo

Post by Duo »

Acceptable reasons for disliking Samura Seven are people with A.D.H.D. and philistines.
He is one, he is many.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

So kind of on the subject but not really, I watched Lethal Weapon director Richard Donner's latest film, 16 Blocks, about a week ago with some friends of mine.

It was kind of disapointing. I didn't pay for it though, so I'm not going to complain.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

OtakupunkX wrote:So kind of on the subject but not really, I watched Lethal Weapon director Richard Donner's latest film, 16 Blocks, about a week ago with some friends of mine.

It was kind of disapointing. I didn't pay for it though, so I'm not going to complain.
Yeah, it totally ripped off Blade Runner and Willow.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

Snake Plissken wrote:Dude, then give us an example of what you think is a good movie.
Blade Runner (original)

Sin City

Dumb and Dumber

The Shawshank Redemption

The Italian Job (original)

Die Hard

Caddyshack

V for vendetta

Akira

Ghost in the shell

The Matrix

Batman Begins

Daredevil

Road to Morocco

Seabiscut

The court jester

Spiderman

X-MEN

The hunt for red October

The Band Wagon

Singin' in the rain

The lord of the rings: The return of the king

Goldfinger

The Happiness of the Katakuris

Audition

Around the world in 80 days (original)
Snake Plissken wrote:
And it's just pure irony, cause the show Family Guy itself is nothing but an un-original 26 minute farce that homages movies like Lethal Weapon and Blade Runner every 10 seconds. If it wasn't for even more famous elements of pop culture that show wouldn't exist, and the idiots who enjoy it would just probably watch the Simpsons instead.
Sitcoms are supposed to be funny not original and "Family Guy" is funny. "The Simpsons" used to be funny but after season 12 they really declined in quality. Also "The Simpsons" tries to be a family show and as such it misses plenty of opportunities for humor. "Stripes", "Caddyshack" and "Animal House" were R-rated comedies. They were allowed to push the envelope. When they saw an opportunity for humor they took it! They didn't care about being innocent; all they cared about was being funny! It's the same with "Family Guy".
Last edited by ratperson665 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin