New draft bill in US House

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Marc
General

New draft bill in US House

Post by Marc »

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.04752:

This would require a minimum of 2 years service from all men and women aged 18-42 (!).
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

Sounds good.
hybridtheory

Post by hybridtheory »

Screw that...going back were I came from...later...
I met the hideo kojima !!!111
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).
PSN: Sir_EFG
Xbox Live: Aes Rock

Post by James_The_Stampede »

This bill has no chance of passing whatsoever. It's Senator Rangels way of putting the elitist government people on the spot for not encouraging thier own kids to join the service instead of sending the poor folk in to fight the rich mans war (like me :p).
Painaxl
Runner

Post by Painaxl »

Remember, bills get introduced all the time and never get out of committee. This is one of those bills.

I wouldn't call this a "draft" bill as it's more or less the same as some European countries which require everyone to do some sort of public/military service for a set period of time.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I know bills get introduced all the time and never go anywhere, but this is about the third one for this that this guy has introduced. I just think this one is a little extreme - most countries don't take in people all the way into their 40s!
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

I think it'll be interesting to see where this bill goes. Then again though, it's going to be overshadowed by all the immigration and gay marriage debate.
Wanzaf

Post by Wanzaf »

Great information
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

OtakupunkX wrote:I think it'll be interesting to see where this bill goes. Then again though, it's going to be overshadowed by all the immigration and gay marriage debate.
Yep, like almost every serious debate as of late. Nobody even noticed how we almost lost all of our internet freedoms here in the USA (which is still up for grabs).

They want to go after the internet, which is the last available outlet for freedom of speech visible right now.
Duo

Post by Duo »

Awesome, looking forward to it. I can't wait to get punted 67 feet in the air or into a pole by a Gekko. I think they know this won't fly well with the public, so somethings gotta happen that'll make this seem justified.
He is one, he is many.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I honestly think we should be drafting people for public office, not the military. Think about it. The country would probably turn out better. Every year or two there's a new draft and all seats are refilled, with no one serving more than once. Make it harder for the cesspools and connections to form.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Osiris wrote:I honestly think we should be drafting people for public office, not the military. Think about it. The country would probably turn out better. Every year or two there's a new draft and all seats are refilled, with no one serving more than once. Make it harder for the cesspools and connections to form.
Exactly, and thus actually give decent positions a chance, other than rich party associated/connected chairmen.

The biggest problem throughout every damn age is that it costs so much money to run for a position of any which in the US Gov. practically, and the ones who have the money, run, and win the spot turn out 98% of the time to be the scum bags of course. Scum bags all connected, and partied around the same inside, or outside agenda.