Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

My opinion on Ichi the killer

Post by ratperson665 »

This is the most disgusting movie I have ever seen! All it ever does is explore the dark side of life. Granted so does Sin City, and that's one of my favorite films, but the characters in that movie kill because they have to, not because they want to. Every aspect of this movie made me sick! Ichi the killer is in my opinion a down right evil splatter fest that everyone should avoid! It's hard for me to believe that this movie was directed by the same man who directed The happiness of the Katakuris (a new favorite of mine.)
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

<_< It's just a psychological thriller dude, it's gonna mess with your head. That's the whole point :razz:
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:<_< It's just a psychological thriller dude, it's gonna mess with your head. That's the whole point :razz:
Most psychological thrillers don't have naked people being impaled on meat hooks and then getting hot oil poured on them!
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

ratperson665 wrote:
Ninja Kurosai wrote:<_< It's just a psychological thriller dude, it's gonna mess with your head. That's the whole point :razz:
Most psychological thrillers don't have naked people being impaled on meat hooks and then getting hot oil poured on them!
That's japanese cinema for you. Especially japanese horror.

Maybe I was wrong about the whole pychological thriller thing though. :razz:
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

Ninja Kurosai wrote: That's japanese cinema for you.
The happiness of the Katakuris Is Japanese cinema and It's pretty light-hearted. (Despite the black humor.) Also no character in that film is like Kakihara or Ichi, and I'm VERY thankful for that. By the way, you've got an awesome avatar!
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

So, uhm, Mr. Ratperson... I think I'm going to send you a copy of my latest film when I'm done with it.

That's all I have to say about that.
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

OtakupunkX wrote:So, uhm, Mr. Ratperson... I think I'm going to send you a copy of my latest film when I'm done with it.

That's all I have to say about that.
Great! Heres my E-male. ben@allenjohnsonjr.com
Duo

Re: My opinion on Ichi the killer

Post by Duo »

ratperson665 wrote:Granted so does Sin City, and that's one of my favorite films, but the characters in that movie kill because they have to, not because they want to.
Not really. Though he has to, Marv also enjoys it. Hartigan had to, yeah, but the way he went about it... heh.
He is one, he is many.
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Re: My opinion on Ichi the killer

Post by ratperson665 »

Duo wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:Granted so does Sin City, and that's one of my favorite films, but the characters in that movie kill because they have to, not because they want to.
Not really. Though he has to, Marv also enjoys it. Hartigan had to, yeah, but the way he went about it... heh.
Marv is on a mission of revenge. The ONLY reason he enjoys killing Kevin is because he deserved it. Note that he knocked Wendy out before that seen so she wouldn't have to witness it. Hartigan hated killing. Unlike Marv and Dwight who were anti heroes Hartigan was a true hero. A martyr who ended up killing himself to save Nancy. Dwight didn't like killing either. He thought of it as a chore. Note that in his narration he states: "I'm in no hurry to kill anybody ever again. But I'll kill them if I have to." These characters are in a kill or be killed environment but Kakihara could easily quit the Yakuza. But does he? NO! He just runs around using his boss’s disappearance an excuse to hurt people! To make matters worse he indulges in his own agony for pleasure! Takashi Miike REALY needs help!