View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
question... 

Post question...
so i got the pc-98 version of policenauts and tried to see if i could run the emulator using the actual cd and hard disk. now when i insert the hard disk into drive A, and tried loading it using Anex...it asked me if i wanted to format the disk, well...i pressed yes. then, the next prompt i think it said something about all data will be erased if i format this disk and it gave me the option to "start" or "close"..i hit "close" and the message said "disk cannot be formatted". i felt relieved but at the same time i wonder if i might of accidentally screwed something up earlier

my question is...did i already formatted it? and my other question is...the disk isn't a rewriteable disk right? sorry, if this sounds confusing. i haven't touched a hard disk game since the amiga days when i was a little kiddie. i don't want to destroy my prized possession and for a future collector who will someday have possession of it and may possibly play it on a real pc98 hardware. i wish i had a pc98 machine to spend and try it on, otherwise it's just a pretty huge box sitting pretty on my collector's shelf. the size of the box really surprised me though..

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Post Re: question...
Isn't there a virtual harddisk option for pc98 emulators like there are in Amiga emulators? You know, create an image of a harddrive that will be stored as a file onto your PC, which will then be internally "formatted" by the emulator.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:55 am

all i want to know is if the data on my policenauts hard disk is safe and non-rewriteable because i feel nervous that i might have reformatted and erased the disk... i'm clueless when it comes to using hard diskettes. anyway, i found the .cue and .hdi files for policenauts and been using that.

another question: why is there no music during the intro to the game? does that have something to do with Anex? i tried using the cd-rom instead of the .cue, and the music is still missing. that doesn't happen when youre playing on PC-98 hardware does it?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:34 pm

I never got it working either. I think it's because the emulator doesn't support CD-Audio.

One of the main reasons no one usually bothers with pc98-emulators. They never work properly or are hard to setup.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]