Problems with the patch

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
tedster13
Favorite Game: shenmue
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid twin snakes/metal gear acid one and two and others.

Problems with the patch

Post by tedster13 »

I have followed the instructions for the policenauts patch and got the message xdelta3 file open failed, when using the patch.bat, i dont know where i went wrong, it took me hours to get that far.

Up to that point it seemed to go well. :x
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Re: Problems with the patch

Post by best name ever »

Thats because you need to dowload the "xdelta3 File" and put it in the same folder as the patch (I have the xdelta3 File as a attachment) if you have any more questens just ask :)
Attachments
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.zip
(106.3 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
tedster13
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid twin snakes/metal gear acid one and two and others.

Post by tedster13 »

Hi thanks, i downloaded your file, and decided to try everything again, using img burn, but cant save files as iso, the software crashes,when i use the create an iso part. :x
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:Hi thanks, i downloaded your file, and decided to try everything again, using img burn, but cant save files as iso, the software crashes,when i use the create an iso part. :x
I don’t quite get what you’re saying. :/ If you want to make an iso of the game you can use “ISO producer” if using windows XP
(which I have as a attachment)
Attachments
ISO producer.zip
(68.61 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

thanks i will give it a try, i have not had much success yet.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Did you ever get this running?
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

No, thanks for the help,though, the iso software, crashed, so i eventually uninstalled it, i have now, go on the site, asking if anyone will patch the discs for me, i have tried 3 different ways, the instructions on the site, on youtube and with the iso software, you gave me the information for.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:No, thanks for the help,though, the iso software, crashed, so i eventually uninstalled it, i have now, go on the site, asking if anyone will patch the discs for me, i have tried 3 different ways, the instructions on the site, on youtube and with the iso software, you gave me the information for.
I don’t think it's too smart to go mailing your copy to some random person on the forum. I think your best bet would be to ask one of your friends if you can use their computer to make the ISO's (since img burn keeps crashing on your PC) and then copy the iso's to your PC and patch them. Or you could use ISO buster (which I used to make my ISO's since it works on Vista)
Here is where to download it http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

Hi i was told to change the bin files and rename them iso, which i did, started to run the patch, no error messages this time, but i did not work it still has japanes text. Do you know what cue files are?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:Hi i was told to change the bin files and rename them iso, which i did, started to run the patch, no error messages this time, but i did not work it still has japanes text. Do you know what cue files are?
You have to name the Disk 1 iso Policenauts1 and then name the Disk 2 iso Policenauts2 and then put them both in the same folder as the patch and then start the patching. And I don’t know what cue files are
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

I have already dont that, in regards to naming the iso, Policenauts1.iso and disc2 Policenauts2.iso, but as i said the process seems to be alright, with no error message, but the text is still japanese, i was asked to send a screenshot of the folder to someone on the site, who said to rename the bin files iso, which is what i did.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:I have already dont that, in regards to naming the iso, Policenauts1.iso and disc2 Policenauts2.iso, but as i said the process seems to be alright, with no error message, but the text is still japanese, i was asked to send a screenshot of the folder to someone on the site, who said to rename the bin files iso, which is what i did.
get rid of the .iso at the end of it you might be naming the file Policenauts.iso.iso on accident this worked for me with a different problem I had with a game called monkey island :)
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

and this what your folder should look like
Attachments
folder.bmp
folder.bmp (1.69 MiB) Viewed 9294 times
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

My folder has a few more files such as cue files, policenauts1.cue and policenauts2.cue.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:My folder has a few more files such as cue files, policenauts1.cue and policenauts2.cue.
the patch can only patch iso files
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

So would you suggest deleting the cue files?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:So would you suggest deleting the cue files?
Well I don’t see the point in having them there and do you have iso files in there as well can you give me a picture of what the properties are for your iso files
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

Hi i can only send a screenshot of the whole file, including everything in it.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:Hi i can only send a screenshot of the whole file, including everything in it.
um.. okay send that :)
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

hi here is the whole file including folders.
Attachments
bmp.bmp
bmp.bmp (1.31 MiB) Viewed 9275 times
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Maybe you’re not running the right iso's because the patch makes new iso's that have the English text in it and I saw them in your folder I circled them
Attachments
bmp.bmp
bmp.bmp (1.31 MiB) Viewed 9272 times
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

So should i delete any files?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:So should i delete any files?
No you don’t have to delete any files. when you patched the game it made two new iso's in that folder that are in English so just run those iso's I circled and tell me if it is in English :)
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

Hi how do i just run these 2 files, should i drag these into the patch bat folder, along with the xdelta files?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:Hi how do i just run these 2 files, should i drag these into the patch bat folder, along with the xdelta files?
I mean play the game with these files.