Policenauts & PCSXBOX v.19 Compatibility

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
doma
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: Stillgetmine199

Policenauts & PCSXBOX v.19 Compatibility

Post by doma »

**I own a legitimate copy of Policenauts and all the original Playstation Hardware**

However, I do not have a chipped PSX and have been considering playing the patch on PCSXBOX which is the Xbox Emulator for PSX. Has anybody figured out how to make the movies stop skipping intermittently? If you have gotten the game to work well, please post the settings that worked well for you.
Letiumtide

Re: Policenauts & PCSXBOX v.19 Compatibility

Post by Letiumtide »

This will be the method in which I will be playing/testing the game out. I will let you know how I get it to work and which settings after I get all the patched files onto my xbox.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

From Neo Gaf member 3rdman
Originally Posted by HalfwayOrb:
nice, hopefully this game works with pcsxbox.
I don't know if anyone answered this question yet, but yes. It works very well. There was a slight issue with video and sound not syncing but I changed a setting (sound/reverb) to "fast" and that solved everything. It really runs nicely and the translation (at least at the start) seems to be rather competent.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
crazyteknohed
Favorite Game: Policenauts

Post by crazyteknohed »

Switch frameskip off and old frameskip on to stop the cut-scenes skipping.
crazyteknohed
Favorite Game: Policenauts

Post by crazyteknohed »

I forgot to add, switch both audio filters to off/fastest and audio mode to original instead of threaded and this will eliminate any audio sync issues during FMVs.
Jonesy47
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX & Twin Snakes for Gamecube)
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4
Snatcher (Sega CD & PC-Engine CD)
Policenauts (Sega Saturn & PSX)
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders 2
PSN: tyler's prophecy
Xbox Live: evansucks5000

Post by Jonesy47 »

Are you sure about those settings? What core are you using also? 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6?

If you put the wait cpu option on, it syncs up the audio to the video on in game cut scenes but on the video scenes made seperately, the audio is still off. The video i could never get to sync up was when Johnathan wakes up ed in the police dept. By the end of the video, its a full second and a half off.

If you got that video to work, tell me ALL the settings you used, from cpu and spu fixes, to cores. Everything you can, please!

edit: the only reason i ask is because I already used all those settings you named, and mine still loses sync during that cut scene. It's annoying.
Hazanko

Post by Hazanko »

Hi guys, first time poster,

Whether you realise it or not, this thread's been quite a useful resource for me over the past few days, as I've struggled to get Policenauts running on PCSXbox. Not withstanding some audio/video syncing issues at the start, it's worked perfectly - that is until I got to the end of disc 1.

I know I'm a first-time poster and that you don't even owe me so much as an acknowledgement (much less help), but I'd be extremely grateful if you could tell me whether you've experienced the same problem. Frankly, it would save me an awful lot of undue stress if I knew the problem wasn't isolated to just me, and maybe then I could look to an alternate means of playing the damn thing.

So how was the transition? How did you deal with it? Does disc 2 even load from the frontend GUI, or the game utilities screen whilst disc 1 is paused?

Thank you in advance for your time.