Report issues here

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Marc
General

Report issues here

Post by Marc »

Please give as much detail as possible, i.e. how you obtained your ISOs, which format you're trying to load them on, hardware details, etc.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Re: Report issues here

Post by akakak4747 »

I noticed in the readme it says "then Alcohol 120% to create an ISO using the "Play Station" format".

I have a copy of policenauts in .ccd, .img, .sub files. I mounted it on a virtual drive using alcohol 120%. Then I use the image making wizard to make a copy of it in iso format.

I noticed you said creat iso using "Playstation" format. When I choose playstation. The only options I have for making an image under that format are .ccd or .mds

GOT IT WORKING
CHOOSE SAFEDISC FORMAT
that should work.
Souther
PSN: Cyclonus

Post by Souther »

Hi.

I'll start off by saying THANK YOU to all the people involved to make this reality.

The ISO's I can't recall exactly where i downloaded them from. But I can say that i was able to patch disc 1 successfully and I tested it in ePSXe 1.70 and it plays fine

But i cannot manage to get disc 2 to patch. I get the error others are mentioning.

I used IsoBuster and extracted the Iso using "Raw mode"

Here is my file size for disc 2.

Are these the proper file sizes for Disc 2?

Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Those are not the sizes I get. You should try ripping them yourself with the proper methods, please recall it is a mode-2 disc.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
akakak4747

Post by akakak4747 »

I only got disc 1 to work as well. Disc 2 doesn't work with the same method.
disc 1 and 2 are like the same file sizes.
1 kb .ccd
730 228 kb .img
29 806 .sub
Souther

Post by Souther »

Artemio wrote:Those are not the sizes I get. You should try ripping them yourself with the proper methods, please recall it is a mode-2 disc.
What is the proper size for a disc 2 iso?
Ikuzak
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: metal gear solid PC pal
metal gear solid: the twin snakes pal
metal gear solid: substance PC pal
metal gear solid 2: sons of liberty PS2 pal
metal gear solid 3: snake eater pal
metal gear solid 3: subsistence pal
metal gear acid pal
metal gear acid 2 pal
metal gear solid: portable ops us
metal gear solid: digital graphic novel

Zone of the Enders pal
Zone of the Enders 2 pal

Snatcher Mega CD pal

Policenauts PS1
PSN: Randam1984
Xbox Live: Ikuzak

Post by Ikuzak »

if someone gets his patch version to run on his psp could he maybe help me?^^
Last edited by Ikuzak on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

I'm having some issues with the shooting trainer in Act 1. I can play it fine, the results screen shows up and everything, but as soon as I click out of the results screen, the game freezes. The original played fine on ePSXe, and these are the plug-ins I'm using:

Video: E}I{'s Soft Driver 0.98
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
CDROM: Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8 (I don't know if this one matters, but whether I select "Run ISO" or "Run CDROM," I get the problem)

Any thoughts? It may be a driver problem, but it may be the patch, as well, and I wanted to see if someone could confirm which it was.

Thanks.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Disc 1:
CRC32: F3B08DB2
MD5: FEA7DC633F420A1F5FEA8E3E632D6A92
SHA-1: 46CC4A4EFCEBEBB3BFBA7FF941312665F7903B65

Disc 2:
CRC32: BA07B67E
MD5: 387C3719260194E4E6C975C0614B0DEC
SHA-1: F6B37E7C1B03EE59DC07FBC80D75D6DF57F7BB59

http://beeblebrox.org/
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

seraphssavior wrote:I'm having some issues with the shooting trainer in Act 1. I can play it fine, the results screen shows up and everything, but as soon as I click out of the results screen, the game freezes. The original played fine on ePSXe, and these are the plug-ins I'm using:

Video: E}I{'s Soft Driver 0.98
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
CDROM: Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8 (I don't know if this one matters, but whether I select "Run ISO" or "Run CDROM," I get the problem)

Any thoughts? It may be a driver problem, but it may be the patch, as well, and I wanted to see if someone could confirm which it was.

Thanks.
I just tried it in pSX and it works fine.
badengineer

Post by badengineer »

I made several attempts to generate an ISO with IsoBuster and UltraIso, but i always get the XD3_INVALID_INPUT (checksum) error.

It seems that Alcohol 120% is mandatory to generate valid ISOs. The problem is that Alcohol does not run under Windows 7 because of a driver issue (furthermore I really don't like that app). Any suggestions to generate an ISO without Alcohol?
Last edited by badengineer on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akakak4747

Post by akakak4747 »

Yup my disc 2 is the same as my disc 1.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

I doubt it's an issue related to the patch but I'm not sure, so here goes:

When I turn the MDEC filter on the game freezes during the cutscene after Lorraine left. I've tried it twice and it froze at the exact same point. (Just when Jonathan's about to look out the window.)

After I turned it off the game went on without further problems.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Ok, I did some testing with different video plug-ins during the shooting range, and this is what I found.

Pete's openGL driver 1.73- no video during gameplay, jagged text in opening menu
P.E.Op.S soft driver 1.17- no mouse support (It wouldn't let me activate the mouse like I usually do)
e}I{'s soft driver 0.98- freeze after exiting the results screen

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 works for the shooting range, though, but I'm pretty sure that this was the one that crashed during the credits. It looks like switching out the video driver is required for playing the shooting range mini-game.
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

First of all, amazing great work guys!!! FYI, I used ISOPRODUCER for a one-step rip and it seems to be working fine so far.
seraphssavior wrote:P.E.Op.S soft driver 1.17- no mouse support (It wouldn't let me activate the mouse like I usually do)
For just the shooting, or the whole game? I'm using 1.18, which works ok for most of the game, though I haven't tried the shooting range yet.

But the readme recommends version 1.13. Why? I can't even find that online.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Snatcher42 wrote:First of all, amazing great work guys!!!
seraphssavior wrote:P.E.Op.S soft driver 1.17- no mouse support (It wouldn't let me activate the mouse like I usually do)
For just the shooting, or the whole game? I'm using 1.18, which works ok for most of the game, though I haven't tried the shooting range yet.

But the readme recommends version 1.13. Why? I can't even find that online.
I was in the shooting range when I was trying to use it, and the mouse wouldn't activate. Other than that, I'd stick with the e}I{ 0.98 one, then just switch out if you want to try out the shooting trainer.
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

I've got the following problem:
C:\XBOX\Policenauts\SLPS-00215-6 bc cd1>xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -f -d -s Policenau
ts1.iso policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
Patching disc 2

C:\XBOX\Policenauts\SLPS-00215-6 bc cd1>xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -f -d -s Policenau
ts2.iso policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
I followed the instructions. Named everything as requested. Got Xdelta. Put it all in the same folder, etc.

Thing is, I had BINs not ISOs to start with, so I used AnyToISO to convert them to ISOs. I've always had troubling using Alcohol 120%, especially since I seem to recall its "free period" runs out, and reinstalling doesn't reset it. So I didn't go down that route.

I guess I could burn the BINs to disc and then rip them... Would that fix the problem? Which program should I then use to get a decent ISO. Or is there a better way of converting the BINs?
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Szczepaniak wrote:I've always had troubling using Alcohol 120%, especially since I seem to recall its "free period" runs out, and reinstalling doesn't reset it. So I didn't go down that route.
I will let Artemio or slowbeef answer your main issue, but with Alcohol 120%, if you temporarily throw your PC's date back in time then it will fool the program.

Stupid Alcohol.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I use the ISOBuster method to rip mine, and they work perfectly. I can assure you Alcohol is not mandatory. We tested it and we got the same MD5 checksums (As stated above) ripping from different discs in different machines.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Teh Snatcher

Post by Teh Snatcher »

Help, I keep getting this error whenever I try to patch it.

I'm using vista, btw.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Found another freeze point in ePSXw.

Using E}I{'s video plugin, there was a lot of messed up subtitles during the
Spoiler:
highway shootout in Act 2.
After that scene finished, the game froze again, much like it did during the end of the shooting trainer. I'm about to go test it again with the plug-in that solved it last time, to see if that fixed it. I'll let you guys know the results.
Zhuk
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by Zhuk »

Solution to Checksum Problems from NeoGAF:

I've found a solution, but it involves getting your fingers dirty and using the DOS prompt.

Firstly, rip your Policenauts CDs using IsoBuster as in Mr. Hyde's post. Put the disc into the PC's DVD drive, then open IsoBuster. From there, you should see a content tree with "Session 01" and "Track 01" on the left hand side; that's what's on your CD. Right-click on the "Track 01" entry, select "Extract Data", then select the bottommost option, "Extract RAW data (2532 bytes per...er, sector, or something, I can't remember). Let it rip, and you'll get a usable .iso for your trouble.

Secondly, make sure your .iso files are named Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso, and that these files are placed in the same folder as the patch files and the xdelta application.

Then, go to the Start menu, click the Run button, type "cmd" into the dialog box that opens and click Enter, navigate to that directory (by typing "cd [exact location of directory with patch and .iso's, beginning with the root drive]") and, when the DOS prompt gets there, type these instructions:

xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts1.iso policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts2.iso policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso

You see, there's a bug in xdelta that makes it not work properly with Athlon CPUs (something to do with checksums, I can't wrap my head around that stuff, don't ask me), and the "-n" command bypasses the checksum verification process. This will probably work on Intel systems too, but I can't confirm that.

And remember to always burn the .iso's to CD at the slowest speed possible! I had sound and loading problems up the wazoo with mine until I figured it out! Though I still don't get any sound on the intro movie for some reason. Everything else works fine; can anyone help?
Souther

Post by Souther »

So I finally managed to get a proper Disc 2 Iso....And it patched.

So I patched and burnt Disc 1 using Alcohol 120% and then tried it on my modded PS2. Which I know for a fact plays burnt PS1 and Retail PS1 games fine.

This does not load. It hangs right after the PS logo appears and all I get is a black screen but I can keep hearing the disc spinning and then it slows down and it just does this repeatedly.

Guess I'm gonna have to play this on epsxe which is cool and all because of mouse support but i reallywanted to just be able to play this on my PS2.

Just tried another burning program, no luck.
Last edited by Souther on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Snatcher

Post by Teh Snatcher »

can someone tell me what is wrong with this error?

"xdelta3: file open failed: read: Policenauts1.iso: The system cannot find the file specified."

I've put the iso files in same folder as patch.
Souther

Post by Souther »

the Snatcher wrote:can someone tell me what is wrong with this error?

"xdelta3: file open failed: read: Policenauts1.iso: The system cannot find the file specified."

I've put the iso files in same folder as patch.
You've named the disc 1 iso as "policenauts1.iso and you have named disc 2 iso "policenauts2.iso"?