Report issues here

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
silent_snake
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Snatcher, Policenauts

Re: Report issues here

Post by silent_snake »

slowbeef wrote:
silent_snake wrote:Is this how it is supposed to be?
yep:

1. Not sure about the video jumping. I'll have to look more into it.

3. Yes, you actually cannot restart Policenauts once the game begins, believe it or not. I tried to add that in, but the way the game's coded, it was actually really difficult to do.
Thanks slowbeef!

That's actually interesting what they did with the final end screen, the game ended so just turn off the console and be happy for completing Policenauts :mrgreen:.
Newtype

Post by Newtype »

About the tearing glitch, I'm not sure 'cause I didn't specifically check for that, but I don't think it does it with e}i{ Video Plugin. However, I don't understand that plugin so I don't use it.
Jonando
PSN: Jonando

Post by Jonando »

driller wrote:
Jonando wrote:However, it would be nice if the zip file could actually be unzipped. Winzip and WinRAR both have an error while unzipping the patch...

Meaning I cannot read the readme...
Please help!
Perhaps the download went awry? I'd suggest trying a different mirror.
Alternatively, I uploaded the unpacked files to Rapidshare, so you can use the download links within the spoiler tag if you're still experiencing difficulties. I threw in the xdelta file too, so you should be well provided for. :P I know RS is a bitch, but whatchagonnado? Hope this helps.
Downloaded it from three mirrors so don't think it's that... So thanks for those dude! Works now and I'm loving the game! :) Thanks again!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

The readme files are in the manual page, so ou can always access them directly. Please give me the links of the mirrors that weren't working so I can check the issue. It was supposedly corrected yesterday (and confirmed as such)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jonesy47
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX & Twin Snakes for Gamecube)
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4
Snatcher (Sega CD & PC-Engine CD)
Policenauts (Sega Saturn & PSX)
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders 2
PSN: tyler's prophecy
Xbox Live: evansucks5000

Post by Jonesy47 »

Typo Notification
Spoiler:
When you find the black poppy field, and you look a second time, the message is
"There's no soil here, is here?"
I think its supposed to be
"There's no soil here, is there?"
Thanks again guys!!! This games awesome!!!
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

The ONLY real problem I encountered was with the Ending/Credits.

After the "ending" animation sequence the screen goes black and music plays for like 10min, Wich I'm assuming instead of total darkness there should be some credits going by to the music? Anyone else have this problem??????

I know it's just the "Credits", But I kinda wanted to see them instead of just a black screen.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by slowbeef »

That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)
khmr33
Favorite Game: Radiant Silvergun
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear NES
Snatcher CDRomantic
Snatcher Sega CD
Snatcher Sega Saturn
Policenauts PS The Best
Policenauts Sega Saturn
Metal Gear Solid US PS1 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions US PS1
Bleemcast! Metal Gear Solid
Zone Of The Enders US PS2 w/Demo
Zone Of The Enders Premium Package JP PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 US PS2 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US Xbox
The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
Zone Of The Enders: The Second Runner US PS2
Boktai The Sun Is In Your Hand
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3 US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Special Edition US PS2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1
Metal Gear Solid 4 Special Edition US PS3
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 (sealed)
PSN: khmr33
Xbox Live: khmr33

Post by khmr33 »

I decided to give a modded PSX a try. I have two variables left before my main question... My burner's minimum speed is 8x and I'm not sure if the Sony CD-R's I have are good enough.

Assuming I can eliminate both issues, I'm wondering if the PSX I borrowed from a friend will work. He said it was modded and it will boot both US SOTN and my Policenauts The Best discs no problem.

My question is: Are there PSX mod chips that only bypass region locks, or can I safely assume any chipped PSX should play a properly burned copy of the patched disc?
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

slowbeef wrote:That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)
is this directed to me?
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

el_ash wrote:
slowbeef wrote:That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)
is this directed to me?
Yeah, as it says in the readme:
- "Um, I hear music at the end, but there's nothing onscreen. It seems like the end credits should show here, but they don't?"

This happens if you use ePSXe and a different video plugin than the ones I recommended. The DirectX and OpenGL plugins didn't seem to display anything at all when the end credits came on. If you don't care about the staff roll (which is now in English, I might add) then just wait a few minutes and the final movie will play.

- "I hear music and the credits are... scrolling kind of strangely. They're legible, but they don't scroll as they should."

This is a problem with the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU Plugin. The credits do scroll correctly with the e}i{ Plugin, but I had some issues playing the game windowed on Vista with it. At any rate, again, everything else will work as it should.
thisheat
Favorite Game: Double Dragon/ Metal Gear
Kojima games owned: Lots of Metal Gear stuff/ Snatcher sega cd/ Policenauts PS1
PSN: thisheat1

Post by thisheat »

Has anyone completed the game on PS1 hardware start to finish?
I plan on doing an initial playthough on my PS1. This should be the best way to play right. I see lots of error or problems running on modded PS2'S but a modded PS1 should present no problems right?
Im sure it's fine on all methods but just curious if anyone has played through on their PS1?
HEAT
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes. Ps1 hardware was the main target, since logic indicates that if real hardware can run it emulators just nee dto do their job. Unfortunately there are so many combinations and since the game was in Japanese not many emus bothered with it's specifics.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
thisheat
Favorite Game: Double Dragon/ Metal Gear
Kojima games owned: Lots of Metal Gear stuff/ Snatcher sega cd/ Policenauts PS1
PSN: thisheat1

Post by thisheat »

THANKS!!!
Then tonight it begins!!! \:D/
heat
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

PSP:

I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

The same eboot files work on my friend's PSP2000 (same model as mine) and he has 3.80 M33-5.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Paolo86
Favorite Game: final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: All metal gear solid games
Z.O.E 1-2
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by Paolo86 »

Hi ,I'm new to these forums but I've been lurking here for a LONG time.First of all thank you ,thank you again and again for your the gigantic amount of effort ,competence and passion (not to mention LOADS of frustration ) put in making this patch that is, literally ,(at least in my opinion) every non-Japanese-speaking Kojima fan's wet dream come true . I'm experiencing problems playing the game with epsxe 1.7.0 . In the cutscenes there is a slightly annoying sync problem between the video and the audio part (as reported by snatcher42 in the emulation thread . I was using the suggested config in the txt file. It did not work . Tried to divert from that with every plugin config I could possibly come up with but no improvements so far. Could someone please help?Thanks.
driller

Post by driller »

Jack wrote:I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

The same eboot files work on my friend's PSP2000 (same model as mine) and he has 3.80 M33-5.

Do any other PS1 games you may have stored on your Memory Stick work correctly? Can you try plugging the Memory Stick of your friend's PSP onto your unit and see if the game starts correctly this way?

May help to locate the issue is what I'm saying.
Bosmonaut

Post by Bosmonaut »

Jack wrote:PSP:

I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

Hi Jack,

I have literally *just* got my EBOOTs up and running on my PSP (as well as my iMac, but that's a different story). I'm using a PSP1000 with the exact firmware you have described on your PSP (M33-6), and they work perfectly. On a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I had issues with the game asking for disc 1 when I was running the first disc EBOOT, and that same disc 1 EBOOT not really being recognised and stuttering at the Konami logo (the plain non-animated one) - no such issues with the PSP switching itself off as you describe.

I should state that these failed attempts were a result of EBOOTs generated by Prometeus, a Mac-based convertor. For reference, I used PopStation (in Vista) to convert the ISOs, and I did patch them with icon, wallpaper and audio files. This was after I did a dry run of just converting the ISO without adding these extras on, and both sets of files worked.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Post by akakak4747 »

Well I'm stuck on a part in the game which I can't beat because I keep failing it and the saved states would really help if they would work. I guess I am not the only one with the problem.

If u are using epsxe 1.7 and can't save states for some reason creating a folder named "s" in the savedstates folder makes it work.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussio ... state.html
Newtype

Post by Newtype »

akakak4747 wrote: If u are using epsxe 1.7 and can't save states for some reason creating a folder named "s" in the savedstates folder makes it work.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussio ... state.html
That's great info! Thanks! It should be written in the patch's readme or something.
khmr33
Favorite Game: Radiant Silvergun
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear NES
Snatcher CDRomantic
Snatcher Sega CD
Snatcher Sega Saturn
Policenauts PS The Best
Policenauts Sega Saturn
Metal Gear Solid US PS1 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions US PS1
Bleemcast! Metal Gear Solid
Zone Of The Enders US PS2 w/Demo
Zone Of The Enders Premium Package JP PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 US PS2 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US Xbox
The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
Zone Of The Enders: The Second Runner US PS2
Boktai The Sun Is In Your Hand
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3 US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Special Edition US PS2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1
Metal Gear Solid 4 Special Edition US PS3
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 (sealed)
PSN: khmr33
Xbox Live: khmr33

Post by khmr33 »

I'm completely at a loss now...

Almost all of my conditions for playing the game on a PSX have been satisfied.
Modded system, mouse, s-video cables, blank discs, a burner and functional ISO's...

Apparently the burner I found is too old. HP CD-Writer Plus 9100. Img Burn thinks the discs I put in are 500MB instead of 700MB. (Img Burn also said it didn't have a profile for that burner, so I imagine that's the problem)

So does Discjuggler, Alchohol 120, and a couple of others.

I tried SlySoft CloneCD and it successfully burned a coaster at 1x, while my current burner a Lite-On did the same thing only at 8x.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

Snatcher42 wrote:
el_ash wrote:
is this directed to me?
- "Um, I hear music at the end, but there's nothing onscreen. It seems like the end credits should show here, but they don't?"

This happens if you use ePSXe and a different video plugin than the ones I recommended. The DirectX and OpenGL plugins didn't seem to display anything at all when the end credits came on. If you don't care about the staff roll (which is now in English, I might add) then just wait a few minutes and the final movie will play.

- "I hear music and the credits are... scrolling kind of strangely. They're legible, but they don't scroll as they should."

This is a problem with the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU Plugin. The credits do scroll correctly with the e}i{ Plugin, but I had some issues playing the game windowed on Vista with it. At any rate, again, everything else will work as it should.
I think I'm running the DirectX plugin....I'll just change that over to the default to watch the credits....thanx!
Otherwise the game is perfect!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

el_ash wrote:
Snatcher42 wrote:
el_ash wrote:
is this directed to me?

I think I'm running the DirectX plugin....I'll just change that over to the default to watch the credits....thanx!
Otherwise the game is perfect!

I had some trouble with this...a few pages ago, I mentioned that using the e}i{ plug-in gave me the credits, but no music.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

Bosmonaut wrote:Hi Jack,

I have literally *just* got my EBOOTs up and running on my PSP (as well as my iMac, but that's a different story). I'm using a PSP1000 with the exact firmware you have described on your PSP (M33-6), and they work perfectly. On a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I had issues with the game asking for disc 1 when I was running the first disc EBOOT, and that same disc 1 EBOOT not really being recognised and stuttering at the Konami logo (the plain non-animated one) - no such issues with the PSP switching itself off as you describe.

I should state that these failed attempts were a result of EBOOTs generated by Prometeus, a Mac-based convertor. For reference, I used PopStation (in Vista) to convert the ISOs, and I did patch them with icon, wallpaper and audio files. This was after I did a dry run of just converting the ISO without adding these extras on, and both sets of files worked.
Thanks; problem solved: it was indeed a bad generated EBOOT. I've redone the process and now it works like a charm. I'm crossing fingers for the second disc.

On a side note, having finally a patch feels almost unreal... I experienced a sort of dizzy feeling and wasn't really able to fully realize it for a few days. I'm getting SAS :D
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Post by midori_fox »

Jack wrote: On a side note, having finally a patch feels almost unreal... I experienced a sort of dizzy feeling and wasn't really able to fully realize it for a few days. I'm getting SAS :D
This might help...

I read psp problems...

I used impaler to make a multi-disc eboot from
the patched iso's. If you want to make single
disc eboots I suggest autopopstation 3 simple gui
and I'm using pops version 3.71
NANTO KAWAI!
lyricaldanichan
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-4 PS1/PS2/PS3
Snatcher PCE/SegaCD/PS1
PoliceNauts PS1
ZOE PS1
PSN: lyricaldanichan

Post by lyricaldanichan »

For people who are having a hard time to load the game on the PSP, this plugin helps

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulation/ ... oader.html